When has "_____ is this years _____!" actually worked out?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: When has "_____ is this years _____!" actually worked out?

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:39 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am I'd compare Trubisky more to Wentz than to Goff..

I do get a good chuckle when I see Stefon Diggs compared to AB. Or someone called "baby Gronk". And I lost track of how many "next Wes Welkers" there were.
I agree with this thread in general...but that “baby Gronk” is actually athletically very close to Gronk, just a little bit smaller, and since being commonly given that label, has provided three top 5 te seasons...two of which he was the #1 overall TE. He’s been the best tight end to own since that label...better than Gronk himself. So I guess sometimes it works out. I’m not sure how THAT one is picked on by you.
I don’t like the name “baby Gronk,” but it was a good call to say he was the next elite #1 type TE, dominating in a similar fashion to Gronk, minus the touchdowns as he has no Brady.

Usually, hype is just hype, though.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:54 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:29 am I'd say

Mike Williams is the next Kevin white
I thought Mike Williams was just the next Mike williams
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:38 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:39 pm
skip wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am I'd compare Trubisky more to Wentz than to Goff..

I do get a good chuckle when I see Stefon Diggs compared to AB. Or someone called "baby Gronk". And I lost track of how many "next Wes Welkers" there were.
I agree with this thread in general...but that “baby Gronk” is actually athletically very close to Gronk, just a little bit smaller, and since being commonly given that label, has provided three top 5 te seasons...two of which he was the #1 overall TE. He’s been the best tight end to own since that label...better than Gronk himself. So I guess sometimes it works out. I’m not sure how THAT one is picked on by you.
I don’t like the name “baby Gronk,” but it was a good call to say he was the next elite #1 type TE, dominating in a similar fashion to Gronk, minus the touchdowns as he has no Brady.

Um, you do know “Baby Gronk” is Adam Shaheen, right? I assume you’re speaking of Kelce. I’ve never heard him referred to as “Baby Gronk.” That’d be kinda weird, considering he’s only seven months younger than the actual Gronk.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:14 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:38 am
Valhalla wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Um, you do know “Baby Gronk” is Adam Shaheen, right? I assume you’re speaking of Kelce. I’ve never heard him referred to as “Baby Gronk.” That’d be kinda weird, considering he’s only seven months younger than the actual Gronk.
I take it you don’t know that it’s a recycled nickname. Kelce was very often referred to as “baby Gronk,” and although he is not much younger, he got a later start (partially due to injury).

Kelce strongly requested the nickname be dropped, and some super original people slapped the nickname on Shaheen.

Nickname history...a worthless trivia.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:25 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:41 am
MEuRaH wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:58 am (2) Produces at least 50% almost immediately (more for a RB)
What does this mean?
Oh, right. I'm using my own lingo, sorry.

I'm speaking in terms of "successful WRs", which is about 80-1000. So a WR of this caliber can do at least 40-500 in his rookie year.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:42 am

This year is this year's last year.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am

In 2017, I did warn some (cough Lukky cough) who were willing to part with a late 1st round pick for Doug Martin. I basically said he would be 2013, '14, and '16 Doug Martin. However, many decided to go along thinking he would be 2012, or 2015 Doug Martin.

P.S. In related news 2018 Doug Martin will be 2013, '14, '16, and '17 Doug Martin...If he's lucky(pun intended Lukky)!
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:26 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am In 2017, I did warn some (cough Lukky cough) who were willing to part with a late 1st round pick for Doug Martin. I basically said he would be 2013, '14, and '16 Doug Martin. However, many decided to go along thinking he would be 2012, or 2015 Doug Martin.

P.S. In related news 2018 Doug Martin will be 2013, '14, '16, and '17 Doug Martin...If he's lucky(pun intended Lukky)!
How did you KNOW this???!!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:38 am

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:26 am How did you KNOW this???!!
Oh believe me, my thoughts exactly. I was always of the mindset that you didn't need to be Nostradamus to see that Martin was toast. I assumed all you needed was a pair of eyes. However, Martin had--and there are still some--a ton of loyal followers. They practically wanted to burn me at the stake for calling him an overrated midget.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens