General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Holy bleep!

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:00 am

http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/23015#0

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I have only known about this situation for a few minutes, so I'm still at the mirth and amazement stage. That someone wouldn't set a My Draft List, as a backup. That BMXing is still big. That WIFI is so poor in Baku.

That said, as the guy who held 1.02 in the sister league to DLF HOFL, I would have given the guy most of my 12 hours to come around. Both leagues have a 12 hour timer. I probably would have even asked the Commish (we share a Commish) to suspend the draft if we got no word back from the guy.
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Holy bleep!

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:05 am

Yeah, why was there no auto pick?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:06 am

Surprised that went as far as it did. So he just loses his pick? Could he not have pre-drafted? This is screwy. I'd do the honorable thing here, but the problem is it shows other people's boards, so trading is kind of out on the picks that were shown.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:13 am

Well the rules allow for both an Auto Pick and a My Draft List backup (picks for you at the end of the 12 hour timer).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:18 am

So what happened? As soon as it skipped surely somebody should have said "hold the presses" no?

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:33 am

No, it appears the guy at 1.02 celebrated for about 52 minutes and then casually picked Barkley.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:34 am

And the vote to reset the draft is split. So that ain't happening. Gonna be a turbulent time for the HoFers.

And seventy5 is entitled to pick a rookie who hasn't been picked yet, at any time. But he isn't exercising that right... so he is falling further down the talent pool.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:52 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:34 am And the vote to reset the draft is split. So that ain't happening. Gonna be a turbulent time for the HoFers.
Its 5-4, 7 votes left.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:57 am

IDK, I think you should do the right thing. Clarify one thing, is auto pick not set by the commish? Should Barkley not have gone automatically? Pretty sure I know how the guy at 1.02 voted.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 am

I am not in this league. I'm in the sister league, which has the same exact rules, commissioner, draft date. I'm just saying that I would have backed off as the 1.02 (I held 1.02 yesterday).

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 am

I’d restart the draft. Pretty selfish to vote no. I don’t even feel that it should be up for vote, because people shouldn’t be given the option to be so selfish. This is one of the few instances where a commish does more than simply uphold the rules in place. The commish should step in and take the appropriate action, dictate this is done in a manner that won’t wreck the league...and I think the league is sort of wrecked if you don’t redo the draft. Redoing it, people will sort of get who they expected at the top of the draft anyways, instead of falling into “fortunate” circumstances they couldn’t have hoped for.
Some things should be voted on, because “in the best interest of the league” can have varying opinions. But this...is allowing people to vote on “for the best interest of my own team at the great cost of another team” and that shouldn’t ever make it to a vote.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:47 am

Valhalla wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 am I’d restart the draft. Pretty selfish to vote no. I don’t even feel that it should be up for vote, because people shouldn’t be given the option to be so selfish. This is one of the few instances where a commish does more than simply uphold the rules in place. The commish should step in and take the appropriate action, dictate this is done in a manner that won’t wreck the league...and I think the league is sort of wrecked if you don’t redo the draft. Redoing it, people will sort of get who they expected at the top of the draft anyways, instead of falling into “fortunate” circumstances they couldn’t have hoped for.
Some things should be voted on, because “in the best interest of the league” can have varying opinions. But this...is allowing people to vote on “for the best interest of my own team at the great cost of another team” and that shouldn’t ever make it to a vote.
Yeah, I mean the guy that held the 1.01, if they vote against it, why on earth would he want to stay in the league? I mean, the guy that owns 1.02, I'm assuming he voted NO, and I don't have much time for people like that, if that's the case. Barkley is such a consensus pick that it's obvious what should happen here. Going to create so much bad blood it's, really not good for the league, IMO.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:03 am

Agree with both of you. This is too massive an issue to adjudicate via a league vote, especially since a re-draft would require a 2/3rds majority vote (11 of 16).

Should also note that, from my understanding, seventy5 has been in the league since its inception in 2014, has been a good owner, active. It's early June and the fact that they just went ahead and kept drafting.... I don't know, it doesn't sit well with me.

Also, the draft went in the totally predictable, "group think" order of SB, Guice, Chubb/Penny, Rojo. And after 1.02, the next two guys (1.03 and 1.04) auto drafted their picks, which is kinda lame in an experienced league such as this, no effort/expectation/opportunity for any trade discussions.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:23 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:03 am Agree with both of you. This is too massive an issue to adjudicate via a league vote, especially since a re-draft would require a 2/3rds majority vote (11 of 16).

Should also note that, from my understanding, seventy5 has been in the league since its inception in 2014, has been a good owner, active. It's early June and the fact that they just went ahead and kept drafting.... I don't know, it doesn't sit well with me.

Also, the draft went in the totally predictable, "group think" order of SB, Guice, Chubb/Penny, Rojo. And after 1.02, the next two guys (1.03 and 1.04) auto drafted their picks, which is kinda lame in an experienced league such as this, no effort/expectation/opportunity for any trade discussions.
Yep. Not cool. This will do more harm than good if they let this stand. Nobody should be upset, because nobody was expecting the draft to start with Barkley at 1.02. Get over it guys, the man had a valid explanation, perhaps he was hoping to see what offers he'd get OTC, and thus didn't auto draft. This is fake sports, have a bit of class.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:24 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:33 am No, it appears the guy at 1.02 celebrated for about 52 minutes and then casually picked Barkley.
52 minutes ? that is generous I would have waited about 52 seconds or .52 seconds .... barkley has been the 1;1 since about what november or at least 52 seconds after he cleared the pre draft tests healthy ! He had alternatives
1) Do a pre draft list
2) tell the commish I am out of the hemisphere pick for me ....
3) pick barkley before he boarded the airplane
4) pay the data charges .
Whatever it takes simple as that . Those are 4 easy options and I haven't finished my 1st cup of coffee yet -
The deal in outer donkeytstan was important to the holder of the 1:1 obviously more important than owning barkley - in life we all have to make choices and live with the outcome of those choices - we do not get to eat our cake and have it to - those are the rules .
The rules are clear in the 3 leagues I commish when the clock strikes zero the next guy is up - no redress will be considered - let me know I will pick for you call text email send a carrier pigeon or a conestoga wagon send smoke signals whatever it takes but no whining after the fact.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci