Holy bleep!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Holy bleep!

Postby jordanzs » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:38 pm

I would've given him the player before the buzzer, just for the interest of moving it along, as I would've interpreted his intentions to pick Barkely and either keep or trade him.

And when I commish, I know if my leaguemates are going to be off grid and especially out of the country. I will discuss with them beforehand, and I would've known to draft barkley for him.

If I was the 1.2 guy, I would've stalled on the pick for it to get sorted out. Yes, I can 100% guarantee you I would've done that. Nothing to argue there. If it was a pick in a later round though & a pick was skipped, then game on. I'll take the 1 pick bump. Personally, I definitely wouldn't do it in round 1, and probably not in round 2.

But it's all a moot point. Looks like the draft has been reset.

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Very happy to see this was resolved! A complete and utter WIN for the league itself.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 am

Stunning plot twist! The owner of the 1.01 who timed out on taking Barkley, and myself who had the 1.02 and took Barkley in the confusion, are about to meet in the league finals.

Watch Barkley be the difference maker...!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Dookmariot wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 am Stunning plot twist! The owner of the 1.01 who timed out on taking Barkley, and myself who had the 1.02 and took Barkley in the confusion, are about to meet in the league finals.

You need to lend him your time machine to show him that he is better off keeping Barkley on the bench. :ewink: :biggrin:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Dookmariot wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 am Stunning plot twist! The owner of the 1.01 who timed out on taking Barkley, and myself who had the 1.02 and took Barkley in the confusion, are about to meet in the league finals.

Nobody cares that you made the finals, Dook.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Nobody cares that you made the finals, Dook.
This is where someone changes their DLF nick to No_Body and says "I do!". :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:31 pm

I care about Dook..

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Haha, I somehow never saw this thread until today.

The specifics/details were a bit more complicated then I originally explained to the league...but at the end of the day...it was on me. I truly would have been ok with whatever the league decided (though obviously bummed to lose the production and roster value of Saquon Barkley out of thin air :doh: :wall: )

I was spun out on time zone differencs after arriving a day late due to flight delays/rerouting complications that had me land straight into a hectic work schedule/logistics nightmare running around to 4 hotels and a few training locations with the athletes I was there prepping with a phone that didn’t work away from my hotel. I have a portable WiFi/data hotspot I always have with me and it works in 130 countries so I’ve never had issues with it....but on days 1-2 found out it did not work in Azerbaijan lol. I got so logged jammed with work stuff I completely spaced out on football for a two days. I leave the country 6-12 times + another 10-20 domestic flights for work a year and I’ve never had issues keeping up with my leagues (or rarely do), so it’s just not something I usually think about giving the league a heads up on.

....I do remember logging on around the draft after receiving one good offer (actually a very good offer from SteveB if you don’t mind me mentioning this because you no longer own him) for my 1.01/Saquon Barkley that many 1.01 owners probably would have taken - Ezekiel Elliot straight for 1.01 straight up.

That’s as respectable of an offer you can expect to get...and also when I realized how out of control the Barkley hype/rookie fever levels were getting. Then I realized I had the fever just as bad to be putting my money on a single rookie over a top 2-4 overall dynasty asset that is younge/proven.

...which leads me to ask: who is the next rookie 1.01 that could command 1st-2nd round start up value before they step foot onto an NFL field?
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2