Holy bleep!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Holy bleep!

Postby sloth8u » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:59 am

Please explain why you will wait in rd1 but not rd2.

The guy in your league should have picked. He had back to back picks.

This discussion has me enjoying those drafts where people actually pick in a timely manner rather than stall only to make a selection themselves.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:31 am

I almost ..... ALMOST rethought my position but then read dude had checked in while OTC - so look I have changed rules in my leagues before but not on the fly . I would address that scenario for future instances but the dude screwed up and as such would enjoy the consequences . People worry about harming the league by not redoing the draft but it harms the league by doing - by placing what is best for the guy that owned the 1;1 above what is best for everyone else .
I have made tons of picks for guys that were indisposed to avoid timing out and will into the future . Having several months plus 12 hours to make a pick and bagging the pick is ridiculous .
Do this tell your wife after missing her birthday or your anniversary that you didn't know what day it was or whether it was 12 AM OR PM that is why you forgot to get her flowers or jewelry . She will allow a reset right ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:18 am

The dude was in Azerbaijan! He had internet access but then lost it. The only thing he did wrong was not set his My Draft List backup. But I bet no one does this. Heck, until yesterday most of us didn't even know the function existed.

Think sometimes for the betterment of the league, we need to step back and be a little magnanimous. If a guy sends the wrong player or pick in a trade, take him at his word, and undo the trade. If you hold the 1.02, and the guy ahead clocks out, and you know him to be a good owner, just do the honorable thing and hold things up a bit. And if someone has life intervene, show some flexibility as a league.

It's far better being part of a great league, where guys are on a first name basis (i.e you have enough history together that you thinking them by their name and not their team name) and there's a fair amount of trust, as opposed to a league of no name cutthroat who make crap deals and try to take advantage of others. I'll take the former.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:32 am

Why have rules if you dont follow them? If no exceptions are stated in the rules, there are no exceptions.

Holding people accountable for not following the rules is a must to maintain order.

It is just fantasy football though.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:42 am

No regrets about taking the high road, but I will readily admit that what I am annoyed about is knowing that you'd be away for the start of the draft in a country with - shall we say - underdeveloped infrastructure, and you don't think to give the league a heads up?

Another member of the league was going to be in Vegas - Vegas! - over the draft and let everyone know. I don't imagine a trip to Central Asia comes with no previous warning. And the dude is a commish for other leagues, so...

It is just fake football, and as I said I'm fine with doing what is best for what is a great league, especially since on a personal level I like the guy. But I do think we have to set some very firm ground rules going forward, otherwise after this it's hard to imagine what kind of issue that arose which wouldn't get reversed.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 am

Im not a hard a** rules are rules guy, but i do feel like some penalty should be levied against the owner. Maybe he should lose a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Something like that. Otherwise there would be no reason to even turn on the clock next year (or for the rest of this year for that matter). Precedent has been set. I mean if i was in that league and i missed a pick next year, you better believe i could come up with a really cool story as to why i missed it (it would probably start with "I met these two supermodels at a local bar...."). This is the real health of the league issue. Everyone is smiling and saying all the right things right now, but they are all also filing it away and saying to themselves, "OK now we all have a get out of jail free card". Someone goes on a bender during next years draft and misses their pick and the first thing out of his mouth is "But you did it for whatshisname last year" and then the poop hits the fan all over again.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:41 am

when the term cuttthroat is applied to people who expect the rules to be followed that tells me plenty about the league!
So the guy is likable that matters ? what if the departed & shunned captain emoticon were to have done the same thing would everyone have voted to allow a "mulligan" . As rounder mentioned he didn't get abducted by batman and flown to asia he screwed up and as such Dook should have been allowed to pick barkley and not gotten a morality lecture for doing so . This DLF league is allegedly for the best of the best or that was how it was sold to me when I was invited.
(at least I assume this is the premium start-up league jules contacted me about a few years back) I declined and after seeing this I am quite happy with my decision to pass . I enjoy competitiveness far more than excuses and I do not think less of any of my competitors for scratching out any LEGAL advantage, in fact, I admire the creativity and desire . That is value added when I do win regardless of the stakes .

Congrats to Dook for allowing someone to advance at his expense lucky for the dude it was Dook and not mean ol' cuttthroat CC being silly and expecting the league rules to be enforced as written .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:50 am

on a semi- related note .
How is it that turcorox posts 30 hypothetical click bait threads( & posts 100 replies to those thread ) concerning theory, strategy , 3 years old trades and perceived league snafus and he doesn't come here and vomit on this very interesting and current thread ?
ironic or bizarre - you make the call .
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:06 am

The dude is a troll and/or a tool. I don't open his threads anymore, and I wish other's followed heed.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:10 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:41 am when the term cuttthroat is applied to people who expect the rules to be followed that tells me plenty about the league!
So the guy is likable that matters ? what if the departed & shunned captain emoticon were to have done the same thing would everyone have voted to allow a "mulligan" . As rounder mentioned he didn't get abducted by batman and flown to asia he screwed up and as such Dook should have been allowed to pick barkley and not gotten a morality lecture for doing so . This DLF league is allegedly for the best of the best or that was how it was sold to me when I was invited.
(at least I assume this is the premium start-up league jules contacted me about a few years back) I declined and after seeing this I am quite happy with my decision to pass . I enjoy competitiveness far more than excuses and I do not think less of any of my competitors for scratching out any LEGAL advantage, in fact, I admire the creativity and desire . That is value added when I do win regardless of the stakes .

Congrats to Dook for allowing someone to advance at his expense lucky for the dude it was Dook and not mean ol' cuttthroat CC being silly and expecting the league rules to be enforced as written .
semi related note, I did one of the DLF startups with Scott Fish commishing all of them a month or so ago and was in trade negotiations with an owner early on (pre 1.05), offers were sent back and forth countering and what-not, I get a trade offer where the owner had clearly messed up and gave me a favorable trade. I hit accept. the owner emailed scott and the rest of the league saying they wanted to reverse the trade and this and that because it was clearly a mistake. I, out of the goodness of my heart, didn't make an argument and let the trade get reversed. I go on to message the league in the GroupMe that the only reason I was doing this was for the betterment of the league and to start on the right foot with the rest of the owners. no real point to the story other than I was basically ostracized for telling the league that I didn't want to reverse the trade, I felt obligated to. which goes back to the morality lecture talk .

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:22 pm

"I also demand - DEMAND - that Joey's team name be changed to "The JR Smith School Of Clock Management" for the season."

Ok, whoever in your league this guy is, I'm a fan of him lol. He was also rational and voted to reset the pick
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:50 am on a semi- related note .
How is it that turcorox posts 30 hypothetical click bait threads( & posts 100 replies to those thread ) concerning theory, strategy , 3 years old trades and perceived league snafus and he doesn't come here and vomit on this very interesting and current thread ?
ironic or bizarre - you make the call .
I've thoroughly kept up with this thread (ate something that didn't sit well with me) and I find this thread very uninteresting. Turc's threads usually do have some interesting aspects, despite/especially everyone dumping on him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:39 pm

If you can't pre-select the 1.1, I agree with what was done. If you can, I would've voted to continue the draft as is.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Didn’t he post a messageboard topic a few weeks earlier? The 1.1 (Barkley) is up for sale.

If I was the commish, I would’ve taken that as his full intention to take Barkley, and made the pick for him.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:48 pm Didn’t he post a messageboard topic a few weeks earlier? The 1.1 (Barkley) is up for sale.

If I was the commish, I would’ve taken that as his full intention to take Barkley, and made the pick for him.
Maybe, but if it's up for sale, would that not mean that he was not making the pick in an effort to trade it? If he was actively not trading the pick, it makes no sense to give him his best fall back option after the buzzer.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker