Rate these moves, share your own team transformations

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JPP's10thfinger
Rookie
Rookie

Rate these moves, share your own team transformations

Postby JPP's10thfinger » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:37 am

We're in the third year of our league and my team has gone through a really interesting transformation. In my startup draft got Evans, Gurley, Rudolph, and Cooks in the startup draft (in 2016 Gurley looked like he could've been a disastrous pick) but little else. Start of the season Sterling Shepard has a big game and I trade him and Derrick Henry for Melvin Gordon (trade 1). Middle of the season my team was below .500 so traded my first and 2nd for Blount and Devonta Freeman (trade 2). Squeak into the playoffs at 7-6 and get bumped in the first round. In the offseason I look to deal Gordon, never was a big fan of him just liked what I was able to get him for. Trade him and Cooks for AJ Green and Tevin Coleman (trade 3). My team has a slow start to the year and is sitting at 2-3 at week 5. OBJ fractures his ankle and his owner (looking to win now) wants to trade him and Dalvin Cook. This sets up my final major trade to set up my team for this year (and the biggest trade our league has had so far): I get OBJ, Dalvin Cook, and Mark Ingram for AJ Green, Devonta Freeman, and Kyle Rudolph (trade 4). I figured it was worth sacrificing a shot at the championship that year to set up an incredibly young, talented roster (team who gave me OBJ got bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs btw). Trying to finalize a trade currently with a rebuilding team for AB and Aaron Rodgers but about 50/50 to actually happen. Anyway, thought it was interesting how quickly my team changed and wanted to hear thoughts on the trades and hear stories of how you all retooled your own teams!
QB- Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater
WR- Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Demaryius Thomas, Randall Cobb, Courtland Sutton, Tyler Lockett, Tre'quan Smith, Laquon Treadwell, Rashard Higgins
RB- Todd Gurley, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Mark Ingram, Tevin Coleman, Mike Davis, Corey Grant, Jeremy Hill (IR)
TE- George Kittle, Hunter Henry (IR), Trey Burton
Def- CHI, CLE
K- Justin Tucker

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Rate these moves, share your own team transformations

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Took over team 1 in my sig before the 2014 season. League has been going since 1999 and this team has never done better than 8-8.

Team I took over.
QB: Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Geno Smith
RB: Andre Ellington, Knile Davis, B. Green-Ellis, B. Jacobs, M. Jones-Drew, LaMichael James
WR: Torrey Smith, Santonio Holmes, Lance Moore, Jerome Simpson
TE: Dennis Pitta, Scott Chandler, Dallas Clark, Brandon Pettigrew
The team had no draft picks until 2016.

I played the wavier wire really well. Picked up players like CJ Anderson and then traded them away for future picks. Some of my best trades are:
2014 season: Traded Andre Ellington for Josh Gordon when he got suspended and then traded Josh Gordon away for Jordan Matthews, 2016 1st, 2017 1st after his suspension was shortened on appeal.
2015 season: Traded Jordan Matthews, Kendall Wright, 2017 2nd for Mike Evans and Maxx Williams
2016 season: Gave up Randell Cobb for Jordan Matthews, CJ Anderson and 2.03. Then traded Jordan Matthews for 1.02 and 1.12. Then took Treadwell at 1.02 :wall: :wall: :wall:
2017 season: Traded 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.07, 1.12, Mariota for OBJ, Landry and Aaron Rodgers.
Traded Winston, John Brown for Tyrod and Devante Adams.
Traded Watkins, Landry, 2019 2nd for Alshon and 2 2018 1sts that ended up being 1.01 and 1.03.
2018 offseason: Traded 1.06, 2.11 got Dalvin Cook

Goes to show as long as you're active and just chase value you can turn around any team. This forum has been huge in helping me make good trades and avoid bad ones.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Man those are two solid stories. I thought I was halfway proud of my team. I won’t list individual trades because there’s too many. Start up last year, obj and arob down for the year, weak at rb, wasn’t looking good. Sold off gronk, Sammy, d Murray in the mid season for picks. Finished pretty rough.

This offseason I’ve shipped off cousins, Mahomes, d Henry, d Parker, Moncrief, a Jones, and 4 mid to late firsts this year for the team in sig (only guy that stayed from startup is OBJ). think I have a nice squad and nice draft capital the next couple years
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Too tedious and too many trades and moves to list...but Ill post the comparative rosters:

I ended 2015 as a first round playoff loser, having gone 13-1..I made a couple moves to try to improve..and really didnt. Then had down years from key 2015 producers.

2016 roster...I added Josh Doctson in one of those ill advised moves...he was my onmly draft pick

Glennon, Mike TBB QB, Goff, Jared RAM QB (R), Palmer, Carson ARI QB

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB, Charles, Jamaal KCC RB (Q), Forte, Matt NYJ RB (Q), Langford, Jeremy CHI RB, Thompson, Chris WAS RB, Ware, Spencer KCC RB , West, Charcandrick KCC RB,

Coates, Sammie PIT WR (Q), Doctson, Josh WAS WR (R) (Q), Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR (Q), Green, A.J. CIN WR (Q), Green-Beckham, Dorial PHI WR, Landry, Jarvis MIA WR, Perriman, Breshad BAL WR, Robinson, Allen JAC WR , Taylor, Jordan DEN WR

Braunecker, Ben CHI TE (R), Clay, Charles BUF TE , Davis, Vernon WAS TE, Ebron, Eric DET TE, Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE, Reed, Jordan WAS TE

Im now sitting with 3 2019 first round picks and the following roster

Goff, Jared LAR QB, Luck, Andrew IND QB (Q), Watson, Deshaun HOU QB (Q)

Barkley, Saquon NYG RB (R), Chubb, Nick CLE RB (R), Cohen, Tarik CHI RB, Ekeler, Austin LAC RB, Jones, Aaron GBP RB, Perine, Samaje WAS RB, Williams, Jamaal GBP RB

Chark, D.J. JAC WR (R), Doctson, Josh WAS WR, Fuller, Will HOU WR, Funchess, Devin CAR WR, Hansen, Chad NYJ WR, Landry, Jarvis CLE WR, Pettis, Dante SFO WR (R), Robinson, Allen CHI WR , Shepard, Sterling NYG WR, Woods, Robert LAR WR,

Everett, Gerald LAR TE, Kittle, George SFO TE, Leggett, Jordan NYJ TE, Seferian-Jenkins, Austin JAC TE, Smith, Jonnu TEN TE, Thomas, Ian CAR TE (R)

The main thing I set to do in my rebuild was to start grooming TEs..bc it is TE premium with the possibility to start 3 TEs (2 flex W/R/T),

I think I can add a few pieces in next years draft, and that coupled with some (hopefully) decent youth growth on my roster..I could possibly be back to being a competitor after just 2 seasons in a rebuild

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Two biggest moves for my team one that after back to back 1st round bounces from playoffs I feel is ready to challenge for the championship. I traded Mixon, KA, and 1.10 for OBJ. Traded 1.5 (Penny), 1.6 (Royce), L Miller, and D Foreman for 1.1 aka Barkley

Out of curiosity I looked up the pieces I had acquired to me having the capitol that I did use, as I did not have the 1.5, Miller, or Foreman at the start of the 2017 season.

In essence it was my 1.6, my 19 1st, 2 2nds, 3 3rds, Peyton Barber, Mohamed Sanu, and Devontae Booker. Pretty happy with that (2nd/3rds a mixture of 18 and 19 picks)
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Team prior to 2017 draft:
QB- Dak, Tannehill, Osweiler
RB- DLewis, TWest, PBarber, JRodgers, WSmallwood, JFerguson
WR- KBenjamin, AThielen, NAgholor, WFuller, BLafell, BTreggs, TAustin, BTreggs, VCruz
TE- JJames, AHooper

My team now:
QB- Dak, Keenum, Tannehill
RB- Fournette, MGordon, Mixon, DLewis, Kelly, Perine,
WR- Julio, Baldwin, Thielen, Agholor, Fuller, KBenjamin, RMAtthews, DJackson, CWilliams,
TE- Olsen, Graham, James, VDavis, Dickson

Between selling most of my worthwhile assets for picks last year, and then a few good trades (I traded out of this draft and the next draft), plus a few of my WR from then getting QB upgrades or just having things 'click' I think it's a pretty solid 2 year turnaround
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- TLaw, Stafford,
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Kirk , QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT-
DE- Bosa, Young,
LB-
S-
1.01, 1.07, 1.08, 1.11
5 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

JPP's10thfinger
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JPP's10thfinger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 am

mzkp54 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:29 pm Team prior to 2017 draft:
QB- Dak, Tannehill, Osweiler
RB- DLewis, TWest, PBarber, JRodgers, WSmallwood, JFerguson
WR- KBenjamin, AThielen, NAgholor, WFuller, BLafell, BTreggs, TAustin, BTreggs, VCruz
TE- JJames, AHooper

My team now:
QB- Dak, Keenum, Tannehill
RB- Fournette, MGordon, Mixon, DLewis, Kelly, Perine,
WR- Julio, Baldwin, Thielen, Agholor, Fuller, KBenjamin, RMAtthews, DJackson, CWilliams,
TE- Olsen, Graham, James, VDavis, Dickson

Between selling most of my worthwhile assets for picks last year, and then a few good trades (I traded out of this draft and the next draft), plus a few of my WR from then getting QB upgrades or just having things 'click' I think it's a pretty solid 2 year turnaround
Wow how did you add Gordon, Fournette, Julio, Baldwin and Olsen? Your team was pretty devoid of talent, did you give up picks? Or did people just agree to some terrible trades? Really shows how quickly a franchise can turn around
QB- Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater
WR- Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Demaryius Thomas, Randall Cobb, Courtland Sutton, Tyler Lockett, Tre'quan Smith, Laquon Treadwell, Rashard Higgins
RB- Todd Gurley, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Mark Ingram, Tevin Coleman, Mike Davis, Corey Grant, Jeremy Hill (IR)
TE- George Kittle, Hunter Henry (IR), Trey Burton
Def- CHI, CLE
K- Justin Tucker

alex33
Starter
Starter

Postby alex33 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 pm

so its a 8 team 2 points per reception league. it was 10 teams but got cut down to 8 this year and the draft pool had Todd Gurley Ezekiel Elliott Saquon Barkley and Melvin Gordon and Mike Evans just to name a few. I finish last place last year so I have the number 1 pick, then I I traded 3.01 and Marvin Jones for pick 1.05. after that I traded Jordan Howard, Golden Tate, Martavis Bryant and my 4th round pick for pick 1.02. we just had or draft today. Hopefully I wont finish last place again I probably need some more depth at rb and maybe at wr but other then that I think I do pretty good for a week of work

(my lineup before the draft )

qb Andy Dalton Joe Flacco

rb Jordan Howard, Joe Mixon, Carlos Hyde, Javorius Allen, Frank Gore, Samaje Perine, Doug Martin, QD'Onta Foreman

wr Davante Adams, Sterling Shepard,Golden Tate, Martavis Bryant, Kenny Stills, Jermaine Kearse

Te,Austin Hooper, Charles Clay

D/ST New Orleans Saints

(my line up after the draft)

qb Dak Prescott Tyrod Taylor Josh Allen Andy Dalton

rb Ezekiel Elliott, Todd Gurley Joe Mixon, Carlos Hyde, Javorius Allen, Frank Gore, Samaje Perine, , QD'Onta Foreman Mark Walton Nyheim Hines, John Kelly

wr Davante Adams, Mike Evans, Sterling Shepard, Kenny Stills, Jermaine Kearse,D.J. Moore, D.J. Chark, DaeSean Hamilton, Jaleel Scott,Daurice Fountain, Daurice Fountain, Keke Coutee, Equanimeous St. Brown, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Deon Cain

Te, David Njoku, Austin Hooper, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

D/ST New Orleans Saints
starting requirements- 1QB, 2RB, RB/WR, 3WR, WR/TE, TE
10 team league, PPR, 1 point for every 10 completions
QB- Newton, Freeman,
RB- Foster,Mccoy , Doug Martin and David Wilson
WR- AJ Green, Calvin Johnson ,Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Denarius Moore
Te Ed Dickson
team 2
2 ppr, ten teams
starting lineup requirements
roster Requirements 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM
Totals 20: 11 Starters, 9 Bench, +4 IR
QBs Colin Kaepernick,Michael Vick,Josh Freeman
rbs Darren Sproles, Jamaal Charles, Lamar Miller, LaMichael James,Ronnie Hillman
wrs, Calvin Johnson,Michael Crabtree ,Kendall Wright,Malcom Floyd,Vincent Jackson
TE Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph
Defense Houston Texans