Who has best chance of holding off rookie replacement?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Who has best chance of holding off rookie replacement?

Postby Servo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Barber is definitely someone that comes to mind.

With the rookie QBs, they will all see action at one point this year. Mahomes is the outlier in recent memory because he went to a solid team...a team with a solid incumbent QB....none of these other teams have that luxury.

- New York and Buffalo I can't imagine being good this year.....meaning that once the losses start piling up, Allen and Darnold will get the call.

- Maybe Baltimore could surprise by benching Flacco if he is as miserable as he was last year.

- Bradford is a decent QB, one of the better Free Agents in recent memory but AZ's schedule is one of the toughest in the league and his injury history could get Rosen his shot.

- I think the entire world wants Cleveland to be good, but with Hue Jackson...who the hell knows.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:44 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:19 pm
McCown or Teddy over Darnold? As a Vikings fan, I would love nothing more than to see Teddy beat out McCown for the starting job, and then play well enough to keep Darnold on the bench all year and leave Jets with a tough decision to make in the offseason
Teddy probably isn't gonna make the 53-man roster, barring injuries.
It was good to see Teddy take the field in that game last year. While Teddy's injury was not technically a career ending injury, I do feel that the injury did derail his career. I'm not going to the extent to say that he can't find a backup job, but that would not surprise me if it proved to be true.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:58 am

i imagine tyrod is starting, mccown is starting (possible he turns over the reigns mid season), Bradford is starting (if you jus tlook at the money he was given you will see he is clearly starting this season), ben is starting but i would say theres no doubt he misses a game or two but i would alos no doubt say its still landry jones filing in, Allen will start in buffalo he was a top 10 pick and neither guy in front of him has done a thing to deserve being a starter or is being paid any kind of significant money, abdullah is toast and will be traded or kept to ride the pine, hyde i will bet has a good bit of usage but so does chubb and they run the ball a ton.

Sutton is the only other early pick i see waiting for his moment, doesnt seem like enough room for him with DT and sanders in town
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Wayne Gallman will come out firing & keep Barkley relegated to Bench duties this year. Book it!

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Wile E. Coyote wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:44 am It was good to see Teddy take the field in that game last year. While Teddy's injury was not technically a career ending injury, I do feel that the injury did derail his career. I'm not going to the extent to say that he can't find a backup job, but that would not surprise me if it proved to be true.
I don't think Bridgewater would stay unemployed long. The main reason I think he's likely to be cut from the Jets is because I vaguely recall reading somewhere that they don't want to roster three QBs again this season.
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:58 am Allen will start in buffalo he was a top 10 pick and neither guy in front of him has done a thing to deserve being a starter or is being paid any kind of significant money
If Allen only completes 40-50% of his pass attempts, I guarantee you he will ride pine. The Bills made the playoffs last year and their fans would like to see them try for it again. McCarron's few NFL starts for the Bengals showed a much more capable pro QB than anything Allen's put on film to this point in time. Starting Allen in year one would only guarantee a lost season.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE