MOJO getting knee surgery?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

MOJO getting knee surgery?

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 pm

According to the Associated Press, Maurice Jones-Drew will "probably" require offseason surgery on his troublesome right knee.
The AP also reports that Jones-Drew is "likely" out for Week 17 against the Texans, setting up another start for Rashad Jennings. Though ultimately debunked, there were preseason reports that Jones-Drew had surgery on the knee to fix "lingering meniscus issues." Clearly, Jones-Drew played hurt for the first 15 weeks of the season, making his numbers (1,641 total yards, seven TDs) that much more impressive. He'll probably miss the Pro Bowl. Jones-Drew's knee surgery will be a situation to minor this offseason. Dec. 29 - 3:37 pm et

He had a good year with the knee injury, but knee surgery is still somewhat concerning. I would imagine that his workload will be diminished moving forward.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: MOJO getting knee surgery?

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:33 pm

I think it is just a meniscus issue. He will be fine next year. But I would imagine more of a time share with a 18 game season regardless. Knee surgeries vary in severity, and torn meniscus is a very minimal issue.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: MOJO getting knee surgery?

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:40 pm

As an MJD owner, I'm not overly concerned with the surgery as long as it happens pretty soon so he won't miss valuable training time. He's shown he can play through pain and still had a very nice season, even while dealing with an ongoing issue.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball