Brandon Marshall officially signs with Seattle

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Brandon Marshall officially signs with Seattle

Postby Jfever » Wed May 30, 2018 6:52 am

Maybe a salvageable fantasy season for Marshall. My best guess (assuming he makes the team and stays healthy) is wr3/wr4 type numbers. No, he isn't what he once was but, in that offense, he should have a nice red zone role, 3rd down role, and aside from Baldwin, he brings some needed veteran presence to that wr corp. He has always been a nice big bodied tough blocker. He always has played with some passion and a chip on his shoulder. And.... Seattle and R.Wilson - Not a bad landing spot. For one more year, looks like Marshall will have a fantasy role. albeit a reduced / smaller depth role in ppr. Prob a nice spot for Td heavy scoring leagues.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:53 am

As a Tyler Lockett enthusiast I'm mildly concerned but not freaked out. All you people thinking Darboh is a thing though :lol:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 am

This benefits Russ more than anyone...providing Marshall is healthy enough to be/stay on the field

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed May 30, 2018 8:12 am

Marshall is a very proven blocker. I'd imagine that, along with the needed possession / red zone receiving target, was a big part of the appeal. I agree that his presence (if healthy and on the field) will help Wilson, but, I'll add that I think that he will help their struggling run blocking as well.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 30, 2018 8:19 am

Marshall didn't seem to have any juice left in '17. From what I saw, curls and shallow crossers seemed to be the only routes he had success with for the Giants, the former only versus off-man and zone coverage.
JFever wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:52 am aside from Baldwin, he brings some needed veteran presence to that wr corp
Tyler Lockett's played 47 NFL games. He's pretty veteran.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am

lol. Yeah, compared to you and I, Lockett is a veteran and has much more experience in the NFL.

The "juice" you speak of that you felt was missing I'm sure is a good observation. I'd agree. Marshall isn't a spring chicken anymore. And.... Neither is Eli Manning. I think he (Manning) is washed up. Manning's timing, touch, and arm strength seemed off to me when I watched the Giants play. I'm sure missing OBJ, Marshall, and most of the receiving corp for much of the 2018 season aside from E.Engram contributed to that. Also, their horrific run game, embarrassing run blocking, etc, all contributed to what we saw or didn't see from the skilled position players last year. But, if Marshall is asked to do what he is good at, I think he can help Seattle's situation. Prob a decent NFL move by them both positionally and financially. For Fantasy, obviously, Marshall isn't anything but a depth guy that can help with bye week conflicts and with injuries when they start piling up.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:30 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:48 am It's not too surprising considering what Marshall is willing to play for versus what Dez is still demanding contract-wise.
Good point. Still wonder how done Dez really is.

Marshall looks done for sure, but good vet to add for the 'Hawks - if he makes it through cuts.

Crazy to say that, he's been such a great player till recently - I know, he was on my team for years till I traded him last summer. Timed that one right, but didn't time Larry right!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 pm

JFever wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am lol. Yeah, compared to you and I, Lockett is a veteran and has much more experience in the NFL.
Compared to anyone. A third year player active for and heavily involved in every game but one since he was drafted is a veteran by any NFL team's reckoning. I guarantee you no one in the Seattle locker room considers Lockett anything less. He's got three All-Pro selections, for chrissake.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu May 31, 2018 5:34 am

One post mentioned getting Jimmy Graham's targets. Another mentioned that he is a good downfield blocker. I guess that makes it intriguing if the treat a bit like o move TE. Is this likely/possible?
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Thu May 31, 2018 6:12 am

Gordon09 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:56 am
MEuRaH wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:51 am Marshall finds a home before Dez....

Did not see that coming...
Speaking of failures relating to playoffs. I just get the feeling the incompetent Marvin Lewis will sign Dez.
Dez caught it.
:nono:
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu May 31, 2018 9:17 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 pm
JFever wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am lol. Yeah, compared to you and I, Lockett is a veteran and has much more experience in the NFL.
Compared to anyone. A third year player active for and heavily involved in every game but one since he was drafted is a veteran by any NFL team's reckoning. I guarantee you no one in the Seattle locker room considers Lockett anything less. He's got three All-Pro selections, for chrissake.
Splitting hairs maybe but, I'll bite. I don't see Lockett as an NFL vet. Yes, he's been in the league for 3 years. Yes, he's gotten selected as an All pro a few times. I'm thinking these all pro selections were not based off of his receiving production, receptions, touchdowns, yards, snaps etc. Rather, I think it was more so with his return game skill set. Now, B.Marshall IS an NFL veteran wide receiver, and brings a much different veteran presence to that locker room than Lockett likely ever will. Lockett to this day, is not a proven NFL talent. He isn't a reliable wr in the NFL or in fantasy. He isn't used or depended upon like a proven commodity or veteran wr would or could be. You mention that Lockett is "heavily involved in every game but one since he was drafted". I'd respectfully disagree with that take. B.Marshall even at this stage in his career, brings something that is / was very needed in that wr corp.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:48 pm

btv802 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:53 am As a Tyler Lockett enthusiast I'm mildly concerned but not freaked out. All you people thinking Darboh is a thing though :lol:
I am often wrong, but sometimes I get it right...
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Undignified.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 am

We can change the title of the thread to signs with New Orleans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... eplacement

Dezs bad break is to Marshalls benefit as he could finally be on a playoff bound team ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..