Is Larry Fitzgerald Still A Top 12 WR Talent Wise?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Is Larry Fitzgerald Still A Top 12 WR Talent Wise?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 90

GB STOCKHOLDERS
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Is Larry Fitzgerald Still A Top 12 WR Talent Wise?

Postby GB STOCKHOLDERS » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Yes. Larry is still a tremendous talent. There is very little trade value for him. So, I would keep him on your team until he retires.
12 team 1Qb, 1-3 Rb's, 3-5 Wr, 1-2 Te, 1k, 1D Start 10

Team 1 Gold 4
Qb's--T. Lawrence, R. Wilson,
Rb's--A. Jones, A. Ekeler, D. Harris, J. Williams, G. Edwards, K. Miller
Wr's--C. Godwin, J. Waddle, T. McLaurin, M. Brown, G. Wilson, R. Doubs, M. Mims, J. Reed
Te's--G. Kittle, C. Otten
K--J.Myers
D-- Buffalo
Champion 2022.

Team 2 Gold 5
Qb's K. Murray, D. Watson, R. Wilson
Rb's A.J. Dillon, Javonte Williams, Z. Elliot, K. Hunt, D. Singletary, K. Herbert
Wr's K. Allen, D. Johnson, D.J. Moore, J. Dotson, C. Olave, M. Hollins
Te's D. Knox, T. Conklin,
K Tucker
Def San Fran.
Picks

Team 3 Bronze Flex 6

Qb's--Josh Allen, G. Smith, J. Dobbs
Rb's--CMC, A. Jones, D. Harris, J. Williams ,Charbonnet, T. Spears
Wr's-- S. Diggs, D.K.Metcalf, J. Jeudy, K. Allen, E. Moore, Wandale, Osborn
Te's--D.knox, H. Hunter

Def. San Fran, Bills

Many other leagues.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Fitz isn't ruling out playing beyond 2018:
“It doesn’t really matter about the age, it’s about what you put into it and your mind-set,” he said. “Everybody kind of takes numbers and assumes this is when it’s supposed to end. As an athlete, fortunately, you write your own script. If you still produce and you play at a high level, you kind of determine how long you want to play. If I can stay at a high level, I still keep destiny in my own hands.”
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:57 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 pm Yes I believe Fitz will have another 100 reception season. Bradford highly targeted slot receivers Danny Amendola and Jordan Matthews.

I aquired Gurely this offseason but my Fitzgerald trade was a thing of beauty. The Fitz owner had a trade brewing with another owner. I snagged Fitz for 2.10 and a 2019 3rd. I then contacted the owner who lost the bidding war and sold Crabtree to him for a 2019 2nd.

I'm incredibly excited at the idea of having Fitzgerald as my FLEX.
You're bragging because you sold Crabtree for a future 2nd...?
Yup, I basically swapped Crabtree for Fitz and moved up in the 2nd round for only a future 3rd. I'm EXTREMELY bearish on Crabtree this season. He's back to being a #1 WR in an extremely boring offense. He had trouble four years ago shaking off number 1 corners. I don't expect that problem to go away at the age of 31.

P.S. Picks are extremely valued in my league and Crabtree elicited little to no interest. I couldn't even trade 2.05 and Crabtree for 2.01.
Can I join that league? 8-)

I'd have done 2.01 for 2.05 and Crabtree in a heart beat (provided a top 8 RB hadnt fallen to 2.01)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:56 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:57 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am You're bragging because you sold Crabtree for a future 2nd...?
Yup, I basically swapped Crabtree for Fitz and moved up in the 2nd round for only a future 3rd. I'm EXTREMELY bearish on Crabtree this season. He's back to being a #1 WR in an extremely boring offense. He had trouble four years ago shaking off number 1 corners. I don't expect that problem to go away at the age of 31.

P.S. Picks are extremely valued in my league and Crabtree elicited little to no interest. I couldn't even trade 2.05 and Crabtree for 2.01.
Can I join that league? 8-)

I'd have done 2.01 for 2.05 and Crabtree in a heart beat (provided a top 8 RB hadnt fallen to 2.01)
Yikes!!! Obviously I'm higher on Crabtree than the owner of 2.01 in your league.

Fitz is worth a lot to a contender and less than nothing to a non competing team since he'll only cause them to have a worse draft pick next year before he retires. However, there is the possibility he does keep working the Cardinals on one year deals for big dollars. It's actually quite a good deal for both sides. Fitz gets to hang up his cleats whenever he wants. And the Cardinals don't have to commit money to a player unless he's producing at a high level from year to year.

I own Fitz in both leagues. I have a middle of the road team for my second league and I was offered a 3rd rounder for him in a 12 team. Things would really have to fall right for me to make a push for a championship there. But, I do have Green and Gordon as my other two starting WR's, along with Hunt as my lead RB. So, you never know. I turned the offer down and I'll make a push.

In my main league, he's my #1 starter and I have guys like Green, Gordon, D. Thomas and company. So yes, do I feel he's a top 12 guy? I have Fitz pegged in the top 10 for sure.

And as far as "talent" goes, there are few in the league whom you could compare him to. He's a 1st ballot HoF player and we are lucky to be able to still watch him play.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:52 pm

I recently sold Kelvin Benjamin for Larry Fitzgerald and I will happily let Fitz reside on my roster until he retires.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm

The answer to the OP is in the NFL, yes imo.

However, while I understand the sentiment, non contenders should absolutely not be letting Fitz die on their roster for fear of selling for less than his "value" based on the fact that he is a stellar NFL WR and stubbornly refuse to realize that fantasy isn't real life. I'm not saying he isn't still a major player in FF, just that If you are an NFL team you want him to retire on your roster. If you are a fantasy team and you aren't contending, the LAST thing you want to do is be sentimental. You should sell while he is still an asset.

As clumsily worded as that is, you get my point lol.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:38 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm The answer to the OP is in the NFL, yes imo.

However, while I understand the sentiment, non contenders should absolutely not be letting Fitz die on their roster for fear of selling for less than his "value" based on the fact that he is a stellar NFL WR and stubbornly refuse to realize that fantasy isn't real life. I'm not saying he isn't still a major player in FF, just that If you are an NFL team you want him to retire on your roster. If you are a fantasy team and you aren't contending, the LAST thing you want to do is be sentimental. You should sell while he is still an asset.

I use to think that, but what I believe now (after trading Fitzgerald, finally, last year for very little) is if you know you're not getting much at all back... let these guys retire on your team. I regret trading Fitz now. Sure, 2017 production-wise, but also for sentimental reasons: he was my last original start up player on my team from over a decade ago.

Because really, those 3rd and 4th round dart throws are so ridiculously low hit rate anyway. At least if you jump back into contention in a year or two, the old guys might still be useful for your run. To me, you gotta get at least a couple 2nds or a 1st to even consider trading these "old reliables" away, and almost nobody will pay those prices in dynasty.

Starting to see this playing out with DT soon, and this time... ain't trading him for peanuts just to get "some value in return." He can retire both as a Bronco (hopefully) and on my team.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:10 am

DLF3000 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:38 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm The answer to the OP is in the NFL, yes imo.

I use to think that, but what I believe now (after trading Fitzgerald, finally, last year for very little) is if you know you're not getting much at all back... let these guys retire on your team. I regret trading Fitz now. Sure, 2017 production-wise, but also for sentimental reasons: he was my last original start up player on my team from over a decade ago.

Because really, those 3rd and 4th round dart throws are so ridiculously low hit rate anyway. At least if you jump back into contention in a year or two, the old guys might still be useful for your run. To me, you gotta get at least a couple 2nds or a 1st to even consider trading these "old reliables" away, and almost nobody will pay those prices in dynasty.

Starting to see this playing out with DT soon, and this time... ain't trading him for peanuts just to get "some value in return." He can retire both as a Bronco (hopefully) and on my team.
I hear you. Just two points I'd like to address here. The 1st is that I am specifically referring to teams with no real shot at a title. I know that there is some grey area here, and it's not always clear whether your team is a contender, but we all have to objectively analyze our teams and be honest with ourselves at some point and if a title is likely to be a matter of luck, my opinion is that you are better off moving assets that are clearly close to retirement.
The second is that when I opine that a non contender should sell while Fitz is still an asset, 3rds and 4ths don't enter my equation whatsoever. If there are clearly contending teams, or teams that are close once the post season approaches, you should have NO problems acquiring an early/mid second or better. I'd pay that in a heartbeat and just tried in a league I am atop the power rankings and was beat with a better offer.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:19 am

ImaRounder wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:00 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 pm Yes I believe Fitz will have another 100 reception season. Bradford highly targeted slot receivers Danny Amendola and Jordan Matthews.

I aquired Gurely this offseason but my Fitzgerald trade was a thing of beauty. The Fitz owner had a trade brewing with another owner. I snagged Fitz for 2.10 and a 2019 3rd. I then contacted the owner who lost the bidding war and sold Crabtree to him for a 2019 2nd.

I'm incredibly excited at the idea of having Fitzgerald as my FLEX.
You're bragging because you sold Crabtree for a future 2nd...?
Kinda my thoughts to, Lukky.
Tyreek and Gurley are on byes this week. I'm sooooooo glad that I don't have that bum Crabtree starting at FLEX. Fitz has disappointed this season with the hamstring injury in the first half and this atrocious offense stifling everyone in Arizona, but atleast he's being targeted.
Oh, and that 2nd I got for Crabtree was used in my trade for Kenny Golladay! Yup, I bragged for good reason.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:36 am

I sold my 2.10 in one 12 team league for Fitz to add as depth - no regrets yet since my team is already playoff bound - but I did pass on Tre'Quan Smith & Keke Coute lol.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:21 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:19 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am You're bragging because you sold Crabtree for a future 2nd...?
Tyreek and Gurley are on byes this week. I'm sooooooo glad that I don't have that bum Crabtree starting at FLEX. Fitz has disappointed this season with the hamstring injury in the first half and this atrocious offense stifling everyone in Arizona, but atleast he's being targeted.
Oh, and that 2nd I got for Crabtree was used in my trade for Kenny Golladay! Yup, I bragged for good reason.
Sick story!

Honestly if a noncontender still has Fitz on his roster and your in the playoffs you can get him for literally pennies. Just added him as depth for team 1 in by sig for Marquise Lee, who I don’t think I’ve started once since drafting him 4 years ago.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:19 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:19 am
Crabtree is out of Baltimore and no longer relevant. That 2nd round pick on the other hand...

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Way to not be petty...

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Wow necro'd the bleep outta this thread