Cam for Jimmy G Straight Up?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hambone72
Role Player
Role Player

Cam for Jimmy G Straight Up?

Postby Hambone72 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:44 am

A guy wants to unload Cam. I have Brees, Luck, Brissett and Jimmy G. I personally believe he's getting the better player, especially long term. Is asking for a later draft pick to tag on too much? This is Team 2. Just wondering if it's smarter to hold, or to get what I can since I already have a QB1.
DOUBLE BARREL
12 Team .5 PPR
Josh Allen, Carr, Hurts
Hunt, Mostert, Swift, JRob, Mattison, Connor, Damien Harris
Landry, Golladay, Watkins, Slayton, K Cole, Lazard, Dyami, J Palmer
Fant, Gesicki
CHI, WSH

Schlock Jocks
12 Team PPR
Murray, Goff, Minshew
Hunt, Swift, Mostert, Gus Bus, Hubbard , J Jackson,
Hill, Landry, C Ridley, , Pittman, Gage, Crowder, M Jones Jr, Tre’Quan, Jakobi
Gesicki, Fant, Smith Jr,
Bears, Bills
Taxi: Benjamin, Rodgers, Mac, Nwangu, Schwartz, Tyler Johnson

HAMBONES HOLLERS
10 Team, PPR
QB: Stafford, Herbert, D Jones
RB: Chubb,Mixon, Monty, Harris Jr, Michel, Cohen
WR: Jeudy, Cooks, Landry, Samuel, Shenault, Agholor Slayton, Hollywood, Mike Williams
TE: Pitts, Gesicki
Taxi: Gainwell, Dyami Brown, Gabe Davis, D Evans, Gandy Golden

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Cam for Jimmy G Straight Up?

Postby Ice » Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Cam is the player to own. Not sure how anyone can really think Garapolo is the better player. Incredibly small sample size. Maybe he will throw in a 2nd for a 3rd to get Garapolo but Cam is the better player with better players around him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Cam by a mile.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sat May 26, 2018 3:02 pm

I prefer Garaappolo. In general I think running QBs are a flash in the pan, an injury waiting to happen (sure, me with Russell Wilson in more leagues than I can count even when sober). Still, knowing I could get Garopplo plus something for Newton I'd focus on the something and run with it. Plus, there is some value to likability, and Grarappolo has never offended/pissed me off, so ... all day.

Not even up ... hold out for a little more and make the more count ... i.e. a handcuff RB you might want?

But I'd you NEED justification, SF is on the rise and Carolina ... isn't.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat May 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Pew Dogs wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:02 pm I prefer Garaappolo. In general I think running QBs are a flash in the pan, an injury waiting to happen (sure, me with Russell Wilson in more leagues than I can count even when sober). Still, knowing I could get Garopplo plus something for Newton I'd focus on the something and run with it. Plus, there is some value to likability, and Grarappolo has never offended/pissed me off, so ... all day.

Not even up ... hold out for a little more and make the more count ... i.e. a handcuff RB you might want?

But I'd you NEED justification, SF is on the rise and Carolina ... isn't.
How can you say Carolina is not on the rise?

Dynamic young RB, just drafted a legit WR1 upside player. Solid Defense and Offense. They also just brought in Turner who is an outstanding O-Coordinator especially is putting backs in great mismatch positions in the passing game. He also is excellent in going to WR1's in motion.

Cam can certainly run but QB's that can run have been around forever. Dual threat QB's is a better term. As an example Steve Young is 4th all time about 100 yards behind Cam who is 3rd. John Elway is another one high on the all time rushing list.

One thing for certain in Turner's scheme we will see fewer runs from Cam but he will be effective running and scoring when needed. Carolina is a toss up to win their division this year IMO.

Got to say though I get players getting under your skin :D

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm Cam is the player to own. Not sure how anyone can really think Garapolo is the better player. Incredibly small sample size. Maybe he will throw in a 2nd for a 3rd to get Garapolo but Cam is the better player with better players around him.
Let's say Cam is better. Here are his numbers the last two seasons:

3509yards/19td/14int/75.8 passer rating with 52.9 completion
3302yards/22td/16int/80.7 passer rating with 59.1 completion

It would not take much for Garoppolo to surpass that production. The only thing that holds Cam up are rushing TD's. His 2015 MVP season is starting to look like an anomaly. He's not that good a passer and takes too many hits for a QB.

Short and Long-term, I'd rather have Garoppolo.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat May 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Jimmy G > Cam in dynasty. Cam is 29 and it is unlikely he will remain a strong fantasy QB1 for long into his 30s, since he doesn't have strong passing acumen to fall back on once he loses the juice in his legs to age.

I don't know if Garoppolo is necessarily the guy to target, but in my opinion all Newton dynasty owners should be trying to unload him right now, while he's still perceived to be blue-chip.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat May 26, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:40 pm ...They also just brought in Turner who is an outstanding...
You lost me

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm
Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:40 pm ...They also just brought in Turner who is an outstanding...
You lost me
:lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun May 27, 2018 9:33 am

Jimmy GQ by a mile. Cam is nothing without his legs, and his body can't keep taking the hits that his running style exposes him to. I suspect he will be a shadow of himself within 2 - 3 years, while Jimmy GQ will be a top 5 QB for the next 8 to 12 years. Just mho, but I did invest in him heavily.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun May 27, 2018 9:50 am

Jimmy G may end up being the better real life quarterback - but Cam is the better fantasy quarterback.

I get it - the offseason is a time for the unknown and unproven to look like sexy options.

Asking the Cam owner to add to get Jimmy G is a joke. In a 1QB league, Cam is easily the guy.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 27, 2018 10:07 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:53 pm
Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm Cam is the player to own. Not sure how anyone can really think Garapolo is the better player. Incredibly small sample size. Maybe he will throw in a 2nd for a 3rd to get Garapolo but Cam is the better player with better players around him.
Let's say Cam is better. Here are his numbers the last two seasons:

3509yards/19td/14int/75.8 passer rating with 52.9 completion
3302yards/22td/16int/80.7 passer rating with 59.1 completion

It would not take much for Garoppolo to surpass that production. The only thing that holds Cam up are rushing TD's. His 2015 MVP season is starting to look like an anomaly. He's not that good a passer and takes too many hits for a QB.

Short and Long-term, I'd rather have Garoppolo.
Painting a picture without all the info is a bit misleading. Cam's real stats in 2017 4056 yards and 29 TD's. In most leagues he would have ranked top 4 points and top 6 in points per game.

Passer rating doesn't take into the account his rushing ability. It is not just rushing TD's but 754 yards last season alone to go along with his 6 TD's.

Garapolo may end up being great and I can see the pull of wanting to own him but at this point is based on feeling His 7 TD's to 5 Int RATIO is no better than Cam and he won't score as many rushing TD's.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 am

Garoppolo is only two years younger, practically no track record, and has suspect receivers. I'm not taking him short or long term over a QB that I know can post top 5 numbers. At best you can hope that Garoppolo reaches that tier at some point in his future. I'll take Cam and the gap is sizeable.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 27, 2018 3:31 pm

Maybe it's the 49er fan in me, but Garoppolo is the next Tom Brady.

Gimme Jimmy G.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun May 27, 2018 4:38 pm

I remember when Matt Cassel was dubbed the next Tom Brady too..