FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Forum Turnover

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 27, 2018 8:26 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:19 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:39 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:31 am

I don't know what Turcorox is up to on these forums but he is up to something shady.
Maybe they are.....the same person. :surprised: :lol:
I considered that. However, I haven’t noticed turcorox being a total jerk face to anybody yet. I don’t think the other guy would be able to behave himself if he were to show back up with an alias.
Yeah. I was kind of kidding. The spamming is too much for me, though. IN 2 separate instances he has commented on his own thread 5 times in a row. If it starts dropping down the board he simply makes some irrelevant comment to prop it back up.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:00 am

alot of what ppl already said on here is why i dialed back. no real change in my life just other options that weren't so readily available back then, are now and i use them more. the in-fighting and drama is definitely a big part of it as well, tho its kinda hypocritical of me to say that since i've been involved in a ton of that in the past on here. do still love going on binge posting streaks answering questions and giving my point of view but it gets boring after a while
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 am

twitter for sure but really just league chats im in. im lucky to be in a few leagues where the chat is pretty much all the time so i dont get bored as often.

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am

It's interesting that people think there is a lot of drama and infighting on here. This may be one of the most mild in this regard on any forum...on any topic. There are some fantasy football ones that are downright nasty and you'll be sick on day one.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun May 27, 2018 10:52 am

skip wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am It's interesting that people think there is a lot of drama and infighting on here. This may be one of the most mild in this regard on any forum...on any topic. There are some fantasy football ones that are downright nasty and you'll be sick on day one.
Its all about perception of course - but you're quite right - compared to some forums I've been on over the years DLFs fighting would barely make the undercard.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun May 27, 2018 11:34 am

There's just not much value here. You get the occasional post like DD's Running Back report, but for the most part it's just guys shooting off about one player or another. I'm as guilty as anyone. I often try to include some statistical basis for my opinions, but sometimes it's just not worth even that effort.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:29 pm

i'll be that guy and say how i've seen all this happen soon after dlf put up the pay wall. i know i'll catch hell but oh well

@donnynutz on twitter

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun May 27, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm comparatively new to this forum, but I agree with just about all of what others have said. Every once and awhile I'll come across a nuanced and well thought-out post that'll make me reconsider my stance on a player/strategy, or a conversation that'll reaffirm an evaluation I wasn't totally sure of. Those times are when the forum is at it's best, and why I check back regularly. The majority of the time, though, it feels like the same posts being repeated over and over and over. So much of the time folk state an opinion as if it were a fact, with no explanation as to why.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Oh and coogan was the worst. I don’t think he posts anymore but when he would brag about his knowledge solely based on amount of posts? That guy was king troll
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:13 pm

schiewerma21 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:10 pm Oh and coogan was the worst. I don’t think he posts anymore but when he would brag about his knowledge solely based on amount of posts? That guy was king troll
my favorite was him complaining about the hof league thread not being needed but has a thread going about some random league he did

@donnynutz on twitter

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun May 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Feels like most of my time in here is reading the “Worst Trade” threads or ones like this one. I occasionally check out the team advice section, but most of the posts are just auto skip for me.

I do think the Help Wanted sub forum is pretty good too.

That being said, I think message boards as a whole are kind of being dated. With all the seemingly instant options like twitter, and the newer chat apps such as GroupMe, it seems like message boards may be on the downswing.

And a lot of good info/opinions I seem to get from a few podcasts. Gotta love putting on those podcasts as background noise while at work.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun May 27, 2018 5:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:39 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:31 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 am I have a hard time identifying the basis for this turnover. Tucorex has only been here for a few weeks and Coogan has only been gone for a little while longer. Neither can be blamed for the turnover.
I don't know what Turcorox is up to on these forums but he is up to something shady.
Maybe they are.....the same person. :surprised: :lol:
Finkle is Einhorn!
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue May 29, 2018 4:16 am

For me it had less to do with DLF and more just a waning interest in FF overall. I just don’t have the time I had before. And for me once I stopped writing for DLF and esp. when I stopped cohosting the pod my knowledge declined. Haven’t felt as qualified to render opinions anymore. Vicious cycle - less time - less info - less interest - less info.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:26 am

I stumbled upon this message board a few months ago and am very happy I did. Have relied exclusively on cbssports and footballguys daily emails for info so this is a nice upgrade
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons