Amara Darboh, Chad Hansen, & Rashard Higgins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:27 am

You all think any of these guys will make some noise this year?

EverFTN
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Amara Darboh, Chad Hansen, & Rashard Higgins

Postby EverFTN » Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 am

There was lots of Twitter talk about all of the targets in Seattle that have gone away - that could lead to Darboh getting looks. Target distribution in Seattle is so scattered though outside of Baldwin, the balls could go to anyone.

Hansen and Higgins - who knows. The Jets depth chart is much less daunting though.
Team 1
12 team QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/FLEX
QB - Rodgers, Burrow
RB - JRob, Dobbins, Carson , DJ, Cohen, Harris
WR - Thielen, Diggs, Lockett, Landry, Slayton, G Davis, Mooney Edwards
TE - Fant, Jonnu

Team 2
12 team PPR, QB/RB/WR/TE/2 Flex/K/DEF
QB - Ryan, Tannehill
RB - Dobbins, Bell, Moss, D Freeman
WR - Adams, Golladay, Metcalf, Lockett, Gallup, Hamler, G Davis, Mooney
TE - Andrews, Howard, Okwuegbunam

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 am

I guess I like Darboh most of that group. He'll compete with Jaron Brown for the WR3 position in Seattle, so has a shot at real opportunity.

Hansen is probably behind Enunwa, Anderson, Pryor and Kearse and will be competing against guys like Smith, Stewart & Peake for a roster spot. It's not like the Jets are a great passing team to begin with.

Higgins is not in a great spot either. Landry & Gordon are locks and the third receiver position has been considered a battle between Coleman & Callaway. Even beyond that, I'd probably rather have Louis.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 am I guess I like Darboh most of that group. He'll compete with Jaron Brown for the WR3 position in Seattle, so has a shot at real opportunity.

Hansen is probably behind Enunwa, Anderson, Pryor and Kearse and will be competing against guys like Smith, Stewart & Peake for a roster spot. It's not like the Jets are a great passing team to begin with.

Higgins is not in a great spot either. Landry & Gordon are locks and the third receiver position has been considered a battle between Coleman & Callaway. Even beyond that, I'd probably rather have Louis.
Higgins > Louis in my mind.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of Jordan Payton, my bad.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:36 am

EverFTN wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 am There was lots of Twitter talk about all of the targets in Seattle that have gone away - that could lead to Darboh getting looks. Target distribution in Seattle is so scattered though outside of Baldwin, the balls could go to anyone.

Hansen and Higgins - who knows. The Jets depth chart is much less daunting though.
Yeah, I like Darboh's opportunity this year.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat May 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Hollywood Higgins had his chance and then some last year. And he faceplanted. I was once optimistic about him, but nah, the dream is dead. He just doesn't have the necessary character traits to be a good pro.

Hansen still has a shot. That Jets WR depth-chart isn't intimidating. I highly doubt he'll breakout in '18, but if he makes tangible progress this year then '19 is probably the year to circle.

This year should tell us who Darboh is. If he can't win the WR3 job in Seattle against the likes of Jaron Brown and Tanner McEvoy, that probably condemns him. On the other hand, if he does win the job, then he'll be positioned nicely for a '19 breakout if Tyler Lockett leaves in free-agency.
EverFTN wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 am Target distribution in Seattle is so scattered though outside of Baldwin, the balls could go to anyone.
I nearly guarantee Seattle will try to feature Lockett this year more than ever as a receiver, simply because Seattle needs to figure out what they have in him before his free-agency. He's been an All-Pro returner three straight seasons, so it's certain he'll be sought after by other teams, and thus Seattle needs to evaluate him throughly in 2018 to decide whether or not they're willing to pay to hold onto him.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sun May 27, 2018 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:08 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:03 pm Hollywood Higgins had his chance and then some last year. And he faceplanted. I was once optimistic about him, but nah, the dream is dead. He just doesn't have the necessary character traits to be a good pro.

Hansen still has a shot. That Jets WR depth-chart isn't intimidating. I highly doubt he'll breakout in '18, but if he makes tangible progress this year then '19 is probably the year to circle.

This year should tell us who Darboh is. If he can't win the WR3 job in Seattle against the likes of Jaron Brown and Tanner McEvoy, that probably condemns him. On the other hand, if he does win the job, then he'll be positioned nicely for a '19 breakout if Tyler Lockett leaves in free-agency.
Good analysis. I think Higgins needs a new team, but yeah, 2 years in a row where he has failed to eclipse 300 total yards. Not looking good.
He reminds me a little of Patrick Crayton though, so with that said, if Romo were still the QB in Dallas, I'd love Higgins on my team.

But those types of receivers are a dying breed anyway.

I just hope it's not CSU's system that made Higgins look so good. Because then I'm not so high on Gallup.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:25 am

Hansen, then Darboh........

Then Higgins.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:03 pm Hollywood Higgins had his chance and then some last year. And he faceplanted. I was once optimistic about him, but nah, the dream is dead. He just doesn't have the necessary character traits to be a good pro.

EverFTN wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 am Target distribution in Seattle is so scattered though outside of Baldwin, the balls could go to anyone.
I nearly guarantee Seattle will try to feature Lockett this year more than ever as a receiver, simply because Seattle needs to figure out what they have in him before his free-agency. He's been an All-Pro returner three straight seasons, so it's certain he'll be sought after by other teams, and thus Seattle needs to evaluate him throughly in 2018 to decide whether or not they're willing to pay to hold onto him.
Seattle could drive up the price on Lockett too by artificially inflating his stats too.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun May 27, 2018 2:57 am

I thought about that, but I don't think Seattle can really hope to suppress Locket's free-agent market at this point. I think his returner accolades have already sent that ship sailing.

So it brings me back to the same expectation: they feature Lockett more than ever as a receiver to a.) figure out if he's worth paying to keep long-term b.) at least get the maximum use out of him this year before losing him next year.

It's also worth noting Baldwin turns 30 before the season starts, and whenever he fades in the next few seasons, Lockett, if he's still on the roster, would be a natural and perhaps seamless successor for Baldwin's slot-centric role in the offense.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:02 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:57 am I thought about that, but I don't think Seattle can really hope to suppress Locket's free-agent market at this point. I think his returner accolades have already sent that ship sailing.

So it brings me back to the same expectation: they feature Lockett more than ever as a receiver to a.) figure out if he's worth paying to keep long-term b.) at least get the maximum use out of him this year before losing him next year.

It's also worth noting Baldwin turns 30 before the season starts, and whenever he fades in the next few seasons, Lockett, if he's still on the roster, would be a natural and perhaps seamless successor for Baldwin's slot-centric role in the offense.
Yeah, that's true. Or they could draft somebody to replace Baldwin. But they really need to draft someone to help their OL, lol.