New league format

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: New league format

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:56 pm

kamihamster wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 amAs the manager of your team, you not only have to look at your lineup and asses it's strengths and weakness, you have to look at your opponent too. Sometimes it will be obvious, sometimes it wont be. But it's a fun way to try to stack the deck in your favor. As the visiting team, you probably will be exploited for your teams weakness, and after the 5th team does that format to you, you probably will be really motivated to shore up that weakness. It should create more trading. It will make the playoffs more intense and that home field advantage will really be a thing in the play offs, where as its meaningless right now. I see more fun coming out of this format than not. It just wont be feasible until MFL makes it a part of their platform.
This description makes me like it even more. I've been trying to find a way to make being the home team relevant , too.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Whoever has high points chooses format for the next week for the league.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:21 pm

I would also be intrigued to see a league that plays typical head to head with divsions, playoffs, league champ, etc. Business as usual.

HOWEVER:

It also gives a worthwhile/substantial weekly cash payout to the highest best ball score.

I think it would make roster construction VERY strategic. Kickers, DSTs, backup QBs would increase in value a lot as owners would want to hold them for the best ball potential reward. I would personally always have at least 2 kickers & 2 DSTs on my team. I would also want players like Taylor Gabriel on my team as they could blow up an 80 yard TD randomly. There would be an opportunity cost to hold these type of players obviously as your roster cap would force you to make sacrifices elsewhere.