New league settings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TD_Report
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

New league settings

Postby TD_Report » Fri May 25, 2018 5:32 am

I am starting a new dynasty league with some friends. Maybe a few spots will be available based on final confirmations. It will be a 12 team PPR league with 3 divisions. Are there any settings you can recommend or any ideas to get started with. This will be all of our fist dynasty leagues so were pretty motivated but also inexperienced. Below are the settings and basic plan:

Passing TDs are 6 points for the QB and bonus will be handed out for big passing, rushing, and receiving games.

Starting team is:

1 QB
2 RBs
2 WRs
1 TE
2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)
1 PK (kicker)
1 DEF/ST

Maximum roster size is 25 players and there will be 2 spots for players who are on IR (injured reserve)

The league plan will be to have a veteran draft of 20 rounds and once complete a rookie draft of 5 rounds. Draft order for the first year will be snake with the order the opposite for the rookie draft. After year one drafts will not be snake and will be worst to first based and repeat for a TBD # of rounds (probably 5 again).

In year 2 we will look into adding a taxi squad of 2-3 players which is similar to IR but only for players who have most likely are rookies.

Price will be 55 (TBD) euros with 5 going towards the league fee and 50 going in the prize pot to be split up TBD. I like more pizes so there will be money most likely for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, regular season best record, highest points scored in the regular season, all 3 division champs, and winner of the consolation bracket.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: New league settings

Postby Ruggenater » Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 am

My very strong recommendation to you is to NOT have the rookie draft separate from the start-up, and definitely do not do inverse of start-up positions. That's a massive advantage for whoever gets pick 12 in your veteran draft (and therefore gets Saquon in the rookie draft). Since all the rookies already have landing spots, there's no reason to have a separate rookie draft at this point. If you're dead set on having the rookies drafted separately, then include this year's rookie picks in your veteran draft (i.e., make it so you can draft the 1.01, 1.02, etc. alongside the veterans).
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 am

1. Have everyone pay up front BEFORE the season. Chasing down money owed after the season is the worst part of being a commish (IMO).

If there's a cost per transaction, so the amount owed varies, have them pay in more than expected costs, so you pay out something to everyone after the season.

2. Write down & post ALL rules before the draft. Having to define rules later can cause issues. Search this site for rules and ideas to cover everything.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

TD_Report
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TD_Report » Fri May 25, 2018 6:48 am

thanks both. Definietely will have a pay upfront deal but no cost per transactions. Too much work. Also, I usually make the most transactions so that might not be best for me :)

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Fri May 25, 2018 9:33 am

I would suggest two divisions instead of three. Our 12-team league had three divisions for awhile, but it makes it easier for one division to completely stink and have a .500 or sub .500 team get a playoffs sport while a team with a better record doesn't.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7