Tyler Eifert value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Tyler Eifert value

Postby Jcedwards » Fri May 25, 2018 4:32 am

What is his value in a dynasty?

For some reason I have a hard time getting rid of him and have held him for 2 years.

Is it time to get rid of him for whatever I can get based on his injury history or should I hold and wait to see what happens this year? He is elite when he does play, but that is very rare.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyler Eifert value

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri May 25, 2018 4:45 am

I'm in a desperate situation, have Tyler Kroft, so was disappointed to see Eifert re-sign with Cincinnati.

I'm trying to get Eifert on the cheap, wouldn't pay much. A late third? I think there's a chance the guy cuts Eifert as he already has three better TEs and it's tough to carry three, much less four, TEs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:45 am I'm in a desperate situation, have Tyler Kroft, so was disappointed to see Eifert re-sign with Cincinnati.

I'm trying to get Eifert on the cheap, wouldn't pay much. A late third? I think there's a chance the guy cuts Eifert as he already has three better TEs and it's tough to carry three, much less four, TEs.
Guy has been including Eifert in trade packages that he has been trying to make with me. I'm thinking of offering 3.03 and Eifert to move up to like late 2nd round. I still feel like Eifert has value though, but how long before he gets injured again?

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri May 25, 2018 6:23 am

Jcedwards wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:45 am I'm in a desperate situation, have Tyler Kroft, so was disappointed to see Eifert re-sign with Cincinnati.

Guy has been including Eifert in trade packages that he has been trying to make with me. I'm thinking of offering 3.03 and Eifert to move up to like late 2nd round. I still feel like Eifert has value though, but how long before he gets injured again?
That's a fair offer. He's not going to draw much in a straight up trade. And yeah, his injury history is a big reason why.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 am

I'm buying for a late 2nd or worse. I view his injuries as more freakish like Gronk than recurring concussions/soft tissue like Reed.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 am I'm buying for a late 2nd or worse. I view his injuries as more freakish like Gronk than recurring concussions/soft tissue like Reed.
Would you sell him if you were me? Only other TE's right now are Njoku and Cook (who I'm planning on cutting). Looking at packaging him with 3.03 or 3.06 for 2.06. Would then spend my 2.01 or 2.06 on Burton/ Kittle.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 25, 2018 10:14 am

Jcedwards wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 am I'm buying for a late 2nd or worse. I view his injuries as more freakish like Gronk than recurring concussions/soft tissue like Reed.
Would you sell him if you were me? Only other TE's right now are Njoku and Cook (who I'm planning on cutting). Looking at packaging him with 3.03 or 3.06 for 2.06. Would then spend my 2.01 or 2.06 on Burton/ Kittle.
I would just hold him. You have a higher upside young TE in Njoku over burton/kittle. Njokus only problem is he likely won't produce much this season. Butttt if Eifert is healthy and playing, he's a TD machine.

Put it this way, say you had the choice to start one of: Eifert, Njoku, Kittle, Burton, or Cook at TE. If they're all healthy, you're very easily starting Eifert. He's the only TE with top 3 upside (which he has been on a per game basis). All those other TEs would be lucky to be top 8.

NTM you can likely get Kittle with the 3.03 and drop Cook if you really wanted him. for ref, Kittle didn't even get drafted in my 12 team 3 round rookie/FA draft.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:14 am
I would just hold him. You have a higher upside young TE in Njoku over burton/kittle. Njokus only problem is he likely won't produce much this season. Butttt if Eifert is healthy and playing, he's a TD machine.

Put it this way, say you had the choice to start one of: Eifert, Njoku, Kittle, Burton, or Cook at TE. If they're all healthy, you're very easily starting Eifert. He's the only TE with top 3 upside (which he has been on a per game basis). All those other TEs would be lucky to be top 8.

NTM you can likely get Kittle with the 3.03 and drop Cook if you really wanted him. for ref, Kittle didn't even get drafted in my 12 team 3 round rookie/FA draft.
I think Njoku may produce more than expected. Tyrod targeted Clay a lot last year. Now that might have been because there wasn't many other options, but I do think Tyrod will target Njoku this year, plus it has already been stated he will be a full-time player now. He has tremendous upside.

But you are right on that if all those options were healthy, I'd go with Eifert 10/10 times probably. Burton may become an elite guy, but we don't know that for sure yet. But Eifert is a TD machine when he actually plays. That's his only problem. I'm just not sure if I should try and get some value from him before he gets hurt again or not. But dang the dude is elite when he plays.

Yea I'm think I'm leaning toward Kittle at 3.03 (assuming he is there). Burton will probably be gone, but if he is there, I will probably pick him instead. I just know 1 guy in my league doesn't have any TE's right now, so I can see him taking at least 2 in the draft (he has several picks). Didn't know if I should offer Eifert and a 3rd for a 2nd to get Burton.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Tough call with your shallow rosters. I would probably make this trade, but I would wait until the pick is on the clock to make sure that Kittle is still available at that point.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd