League rule question

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The Juggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

League rule question

Postby The Juggernaut » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Our 8-team league is set up so the top 4 make the playoffs. In the playoffs, the higher seeded team gets one game point for each game win they have over their opponent. So if the top seeded team has 10 wins and their opponent has 7 wins, the top team gets a 3 point edge, heading into their game. Our league scoring is head to head modified ppr with 4 quarterback categories (comp, yds, tds and cmp%) with each category worth 2 points, 4 runningback categories at 2 pts each, 4 receiver categories at 2 pts each, kicker=2pts, totalpts=2pts and team defense (4 categoies @1 pt. per category. My question is this; is the 1 or 2 point lead enough of an advantage, too big an advantage or just right? And how do other leagues reward the higher teams for the playoffs?

thanks
Custom scoring PPR ***FULL REBUILD…11 Starters
1-2 QBs Rodgers, Hurts, Cunningham
2-5 RBs Abanikanda, Dobbins, Akers, Tucker, Strong,
3-6 WRs D.Smith, Juju, DJ Moore, Pierce, Mims, Wilson, Marshall
1-2 TEs Goedert, Johnson, McBride
1-D Washington

Devy Henderson, Egbuka, J.Dickey, Judkins, R.Owens, B. Robinson

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: League rule question

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:58 pm

In one of my local $ leagues we use a home field advantage for the higher seeds. The following formula is used:

Higher seeds total points minus lower seeds total points divided by the number of weeks in the regular season. If the lower seed has more total points then no advantage is given. The cap is 30 points, and there is no advantage given in the championship game.

This is a very high scoring league so the cap would need to be adjusted in lower scoring leagues.

I'm seriously considering using this format in the local $ league that I commish. As most of us know the "best" team rarely wins the championship therefore IMO they really should be rewarded with some sort of an advantage in the playoffs.

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:59 pm

My league doesnt have any reward for higher seeded teams, other then a BYE since 6 makes playoffs...

If your league really wants an advantage then 3 points isnt all that big, tough to say really it depends on your owners

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:45 pm

One of my leagues awards the higher seed home field advantage. The home team dictates what position both teams must play in the flex. A good decision is an advantage and a bad decision is screwing yourself.