Kenny Britt: Come back player of the year?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Kenny Britt: Come back player of the year?

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 am

Just saw this in my news feed and it's exactly why I traded for Britt this off season.

Britt was the receiver "who stood out most" during Tuesday's OTA session, ESPN's Mike Reiss reports.
Analysis: The 6-foot-3, 223-pounder is looking to get back on track after a rough 2017 campaign in which he was limited to 20 catches for 256 yards and two TDs in 12 games (including nine with the Browns). The 10-year pro is currently flying under the radar in fantasy circles, but Reiss noted that Britt was running well Tuesday and if the 29-year-old can continue to develop a good rapport with QB Tom Brady, there's bounce-back potential here.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kenny Britt: Come back player of the year?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu May 24, 2018 11:38 am

I wouldn't read too much into it. He talked up all the WRs. When Reiss has a nugget that's valuable for fantasy, he is usually more direct and will even mention that fantasy owners should take note. I'm actually most intrigued by Dorsett outside of Hogan and Edelman. His physical traits would seem to best fill the vacant role that Cooks left behind.

Source: http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-pa ... r-patriots
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 am

I don't disagree. And Britt certainly won't lead the team in receptions. But, he could lead the team in TD receptions. He has that skill set. And Brady could get the most out of him. Who knows though? But, for what he's worth right now, he's certainly worth a dart throw to trade for him.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu May 24, 2018 12:34 pm

This Patriots WR corp is going to be frustrating to figure out.

Is Edelman gonna be the same...how much will Jordan Matthews work in the slot? They just drafted the next Wes/Edelman in Braxton Berrios.

Outside receivers, will Malcolm Mitchell ever breakout? Britt looking like he's on PEDs in OTAs now? Will Chris Hogan ever stay healthy?

Will everyone cancel each other out in 1 big spread it around clusterf*ck? Will Brady start to look 41 and make it all a moot point?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 24, 2018 1:10 pm

kris_kapsner wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 am Just saw this in my news feed and it's exactly why I traded for Britt this off season.

Britt was the receiver "who stood out most" during Tuesday's OTA session, ESPN's Mike Reiss reports.
Analysis: The 6-foot-3, 223-pounder is looking to get back on track after a rough 2017 campaign in which he was limited to 20 catches for 256 yards and two TDs in 12 games (including nine with the Browns). The 10-year pro is currently flying under the radar in fantasy circles, but Reiss noted that Britt was running well Tuesday and if the 29-year-old can continue to develop a good rapport with QB Tom Brady, there's bounce-back potential here.
Love the off-season. :roll: So 1 blurb by Mike Reiss and we're talking come back player of the year about a guy? :lol: I think Britt is done, but who knows. Or what I should say is, he's not going to be startable because much of that Pats offense is going to be a huge dice roll every week. Best ball he's be worth a flyer for me, but not if I have to put him into my lineup.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Lol come back to what? He’s always been mediocre. This seems about as logical as saying “ Kendal Wright, comeback player of the year?”

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Thu May 24, 2018 1:49 pm

I remember years ago when he was a thing, a buddy and I each had him in different leagues and when we watched games together and he inevitably dropped a pass we'd yell at the TV "Dammitt Kenneth!"

So I suppose that's what he'd be "coming back" to, but I'd rather he didn't

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 24, 2018 1:52 pm

This belongs in the "False Hype in the Offseason" thread.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu May 24, 2018 3:26 pm

I'd rather have Malcolm Mitchell
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 24, 2018 5:46 pm

I'm actually fairly high on Britt. JMatt & the rook are competing to replace Amendola as the backup slot. It seems to me that if Britt can beat out either Hogan or Mitchell he has a shot at significant snaps and if he can beat out both, he can probably get you WR3/4 numbers. He's the most proven of the three, so I wouldn't count him out. I won't say he's worth loads or has huge upside, but I'm happy to have him as a bye week replacement.
Last edited by ericanadian on Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu May 24, 2018 7:02 pm

The Kenny Britt story pretty much ended when he tore his ACL.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:02 pm The Kenny Britt story pretty much ended when he tore his ACL.
I was so aggravated when that happened. Dude was killing it for me in fantasy that season. Lost him and a bunch of other players that year, but still made playoffs because an owner basically begged me to take one of his NFC East RBs since he's a Cowboys fan.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 pm

But I think Edelman will have a fine case for comeback player of the year.