False Hype in the Offseason

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: False Hype in the Offseason

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:03 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:41 am "The 49ers' new starting running back scored a 70-yard touchdown on the first play of training camp Thursday morning, and made a 20-yard first-down catch on the final play. He was the star of practice. Not Jimmy Garoppolo.

Garoppolo struggled. He completed just four of nine passes, his throws were erratic and at times he hesitated. He seemed confused, as if brand new to the offense."

Sell Jimmy GQ, buy Jet!

Serious question. Even if McKinnon starts off hot, will you get much more than a future first for him in season? I wonder, because I am holding him as a contender and sold him for a future first on a massive rebuild. Will someone pay much more than a future first if he has RB1 numbers the first 4 weeks? I feel like a little "juice" might have to be added, but not much more, as people will still be hesitant to believe it will be long lasted.

Love seeing any negative Jimmy G news, though, as he's been anointed the next great by too many around here. I saw him go top 15 in a SF draft I started recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
He was the star, though. The star! Not Jimmy GQ. The face of the franchise has changed, it's JET! The first play he took it the distance, the first play! It's an omen, McKinnon is the new star in the bay area. Jimmy will still look pretty handing it off to him, though. :wink:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:27 am

Jim Irsay says Marlon Mack can rush for 1500 yards this season. I like Mack, but Irsay must be on the sauce again. Maybe he owns him in some FF leagues. If so, he may be pushing the rookie head coach to give him the ball.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:27 am Jim Irsay says Marlon Mack can rush for 1500 yards this season. I like Mack, but Irsay must be on the sauce again. Maybe he owns him in some FF leagues. If so, he may be pushing the rookie head coach to give him the ball.
I was expecting someone to post Irsay's comments concerning Mack. IMO anything that comes out of Irsay's mouth is either vomit from the whiskey he used to swig down some vicodin 20 minutes ago or it's bull$hit.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:36 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:27 am Jim Irsay says Marlon Mack can rush for 1500 yards this season. I like Mack, but Irsay must be on the sauce again. Maybe he owns him in some FF leagues. If so, he may be pushing the rookie head coach to give him the ball.
I was expecting someone to post Irsay's comments concerning Mack. IMO anything that comes out of Irsay's mouth is either vomit from the whiskey he used to swig down some vicodin 20 minutes ago or it's bull$hit.
Yep. Like I said, he must be on the sauce. I recently gave up Keenum plus for him is a SF, in a start 3 RB minimum league, as I was weaker at RB, but man, 1500 yards.....rushing. I'd be over the moon with 1500 total yards. Geez. I know Luck and Nelson will help, but are they planning on handing him the ball 400 times? Probably not. The only thing I can glean from that comment is that Irsay likes Mack, which might bode well for his opportunity, but what a ridiculous statement.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:19 pm

While his comments mean next to nothing, the reality is Mack has significant potential . We will see at the end of the year if this is false hype or reality. Mack is my top personal sleeper this season. I have his upside as a low end RB1.

1500 yards rushing is a stretch but 1500 total yards could actually happen.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:19 pm
While his comments mean next to nothing, the reality is Mack has significant potential . We will see at the end of the year if this is false hype or reality. Mack is my top personal sleeper this season. I have his upside as a low end RB1.

1500 yards rushing is a stretch but 1500 total yards could actually happen.
Mack is explosive. He has proven that, and in a league, (an on a team that needs) explosive playmakers, he'll get his chance. To me, I bought him in one league, just to get a share for a few reasons. They didn't draft anyone significant. Yes, Hines is a good 3rd down back, and Wilkins is adequate, but Wilkins is not even close to the explosive player Mack is, and if you can't see that, that's your problem. Off season jibber jabber aside, Mack is going to get the most touches, it's obvious. All the local Indy guys refer to him as the starter, and the owner just came out with this comment. Luck coming back keeps teams way more honest at the LOS, and a major upgrade at the OL position will help as well. There are a ton of touches that are gone from Gore leaving, and Mack will get a lot of those on top of what he got last year.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Frank Gore has not reached 1500 total yards from scrimmage in the past 8 years, or more relevantly, the past 3 years (and he got 260+ touches each of the 3 years), and Mack is going to reach 1500 even with the additions of Wilkins and Hines? :think: :nono:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..