False Hype in the Offseason

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: False Hype in the Offseason

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:29 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:18 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm i think i just found the winner.

Todd Haley: Browns may have best QB room I’ve worked with
Maybe he was talking about the room itself and was impressed with their free snack offering.
I wonder if they have any color of M&Ms besides Brown and/or Orange in there. :think:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

bullsboy19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bullsboy19 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Maybe he was talking about the room itself and was impressed with their free snack offering.
You know Todd Haley loves him some free snacks!
The 824 Dynasty League - Year 4 - San Antonio Gunslingers

40 man, 2 IR. Requirements: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DT, 2 DEs, 3 LBs, 2 CBs, 2 S, 1 DP, 1 K.

QB: Winston, Flacco, Bradford, Rosen.
RB: Gurley, Elliott, Duke, Booker, Murray, Ekeler.
WR: DT, JuJu, Baldwin, Gordon, Garcon, Stills, Miller, Coleman, DJax, Stewart.
TE: Gronk, O.J.
DT: Donald, Clark.
DE: Watt, Mack, Basham.
LB: Wagner, Edmunds, Bucannon, Perryman, Floyd, Burks, Anthony.
CB: Hillton, K. King.
S: Bell, Gipson, Coleman, Wilson, Edmunds.
K: Elliott.
Picks: 2019 2, 3, 4, 5

The Superhero Dynasty - Year 1 - Wakanda Black Panthers

25 man. Requirements: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex.

QB: Wilson, Bortles, Mayfield, Lauletta.
RB: Guice, Royce, Foreman, Gio, Ty, Grant, Yeldon, Perine, Murray.
WR: NUK, Cooper, M. Jones, Kupp, Dez, Cobb, DJax, Snead, Fountain.
TE: Burton, Doyle, Shaheen.
Picks: 2019 1,2,3,4,5

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:32 am

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

alex33 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:35 pm Elijah McGuire looks like LaDainian Tomlinson lol now mind you after I read this I picked him up off the waiver wire and put him on my taxi squad but yea lol
LT next gen out with broken foot. NNNNOOOO

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:08 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:29 pm

I wonder if they have any color of M&Ms besides Brown and/or Orange in there. :think:
Guessing they have them in every NFL city, but in the Fall, bags of green/blue/white M&M's with Seahawk logos start showing up on store shelves. Maybe Cleveland's have a dog on them or something? :drool:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:08 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Guessing they have them in every NFL city, but in the Fall, bags of green/blue/white M&M's with Seahawk logos start showing up on store shelves. Maybe Cleveland's have a dog on them or something? :drool:
https://www.mymms.com/category/shop+by+ ... +blends.do

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:13 pm

:lol:

Cleveland Browns
We're sorry! There are no items currently available in this category. Please try another category or click here to return to the homepage.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:22 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:13 pm :lol:

Cleveland Browns
We're sorry! There are no items currently available in this category. Please try another category or click here to return to the homepage.
:crazy: That's just sad. They can't even catch a break from M&M Mars.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:53 am
ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:26 am
Bot101 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:08 am Pete Carroll saying Penny is "solid in pass protection".
It's worthless because they haven't even put on pads yet. I laughed out loud when I read the blurb.
I think I face palmed. Literally, face palmed. Lets pretend they did have pads on and full contact was allowed. He went from dreadful to solid in a week or two? Stop it Pete Carroll.
Yeah, but as a Penny owner, I'd rather read this than, Penny struggled in pass protection. Probably just talking about his positioning and technique. Carroll stated recently it is the biggest focus for their RB coach this off-season, and so it should be. Protect the franchise QB. Penny knows how to run, they need to make sure he can handle a blitz. It's his biggest area to work on.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:18 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 am
MEuRaH wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm Anybody that any coach talks up in the off season. I can’t remember one time that a coach talks someone up and then they follow through.
Wasn't there a lot of talk about how Alex Smith was motivated last summer following the Chiefs selection of Mahomes?
Good call on this. Alex Smith comes out taking deep shots and fired up, no longer captain checkdown, and kept Mahomes on the bench all year without controversy. That was the rumor coming out of camp and we all scoffed at it, expecting to see what we'd seen for years out of Smith but the deep ball aggression was new (and worked)
And now to complete the full circle, Mahomes is being hyped as an upgrade to Smith. Smith led the league in deep ball yards and was second in deep ball completion percentage, yet Mahomes is an upgrade to the receiving game. Dynasty raccoons man.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:41 am

"The 49ers' new starting running back scored a 70-yard touchdown on the first play of training camp Thursday morning, and made a 20-yard first-down catch on the final play. He was the star of practice. Not Jimmy Garoppolo.

Garoppolo struggled. He completed just four of nine passes, his throws were erratic and at times he hesitated. He seemed confused, as if brand new to the offense."

Sell Jimmy GQ, buy Jet!

Serious question. Even if McKinnon starts off hot, will you get much more than a future first for him in season? I wonder, because I am holding him as a contender and sold him for a future first on a massive rebuild. Will someone pay much more than a future first if he has RB1 numbers the first 4 weeks? I feel like a little "juice" might have to be added, but not much more, as people will still be hesitant to believe it will be long lasted.

Love seeing any negative Jimmy G news, though, as he's been anointed the next great by too many around here. I saw him go top 15 in a SF draft I started recently.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:49 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:13 pm :lol:

Cleveland Browns

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:35 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:40 pm http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... led-themes

Advice from NFL.com on how to avoid false hype ;)
:lol: That about covers all the bases.
Fun read, thanks for sharing (seriously notwithstanding my forthcoming buzz kill response). It is right on the money.

To add a little to the outright cynicism of the article (which is right and humorous)... we crave content and they give us content. If the fans didn't want it and click it, they wouldn't write it. They have to create content, even when not much is going on. Players have been drilled on athlete speak so they get flayed if they stray from the script (unless they can be like an Ochocinco where it is so amusing it becomes a brand). So everyone recycles the same athlete speak... when they say the game slowed down it means they were adjusting to NFL play speed, had an NFL playbook for the first time, and were constantly thinking as plays began and happened, 'ok, what is my job, am I doing it right' meanwhile the entire defense is flying around faster and more complex than anything they have ever seen. Every one of those has a truth like that behind it, but whether it actually means anything or is going to happen varies so much it becomes just a collection *drum roll* *audience joins in* "FALSE HYPE IN THE OFFSEASON!" Cue theme song, pan out as host chats with guest... "false hype in the offseason was filmed in front of a live studio audience, for tickets please contact your local sports news service"
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:49 am

_yeti wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:35 am
Bot101 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:40 pm http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... led-themes

Advice from NFL.com on how to avoid false hype ;)
:lol: That about covers all the bases.
Fun read, thanks for sharing (seriously notwithstanding my forthcoming buzz kill response). It is right on the money.

To add a little to the outright cynicism of the article (which is right and humorous)... we crave content and they give us content. If the fans didn't want it and click it, they wouldn't write it. They have to create content, even when not much is going on. Players have been drilled on athlete speak so they get flayed if they stray from the script (unless they can be like an Ochocinco where it is so amusing it becomes a brand). So everyone recycles the same athlete speak... when they say the game slowed down it means they were adjusting to NFL play speed, had an NFL playbook for the first time, and were constantly thinking as plays began and happened, 'ok, what is my job, am I doing it right' meanwhile the entire defense is flying around faster and more complex than anything they have ever seen. Every one of those has a truth like that behind it, but whether it actually means anything or is going to happen varies so much it becomes just a collection *drum roll* *audience joins in* "FALSE HYPE IN THE OFFSEASON!" Cue theme song, pan out as host chats with guest... "false hype in the offseason was filmed in front of a live studio audience, for tickets please contact your local sports news service"

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:41 am "The 49ers' new starting running back scored a 70-yard touchdown on the first play of training camp Thursday morning, and made a 20-yard first-down catch on the final play. He was the star of practice. Not Jimmy Garoppolo.

Garoppolo struggled. He completed just four of nine passes, his throws were erratic and at times he hesitated. He seemed confused, as if brand new to the offense."

Sell Jimmy GQ, buy Jet!

Serious question. Even if McKinnon starts off hot, will you get much more than a future first for him in season? I wonder, because I am holding him as a contender and sold him for a future first on a massive rebuild. Will someone pay much more than a future first if he has RB1 numbers the first 4 weeks? I feel like a little "juice" might have to be added, but not much more, as people will still be hesitant to believe it will be long lasted.

Love seeing any negative Jimmy G news, though, as he's been anointed the next great by too many around here. I saw him go top 15 in a SF draft I started recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh