What would make the best Super Flex Dynasty league?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
DynaChee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

What would make the best Super Flex Dynasty league?

Postby DynaChee » Wed May 23, 2018 7:34 pm

In a couple Dynasty leagues but friend is forming a new league with all 100% degenerates and want to make sure we have the absolute best of the best:

Please post what you think sets your league apart and would add:

Here are some ideas we're working with

1. Super Flex
2. 12 owners
3. Auction Start-Up and Rookie AUction each year
3B. Does anyone have a successful recommended Charts with picks and dollar amounts?
4. Deep rosters - For 12 owners, is 30 deep enough for QB, WR, RB, and TE - prob not going to be IDP
4B. If rosters are deep enough, is a taxi squad necessary

5. Taxi Squad - can anyone share any rules
6. 1.5 TE Premium??
7. Lottery for bottom 6 teams or Auction dollars assigned by Worse to First?

Appreciate feedback

most the leagues i am in are:

26 roster. QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1WRT, 1WT , PPR

looking to spice things up from what i am accustomed to playing with.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: What would make the best Super Flex Dynasty league?

Postby Rosenbluu » Wed May 23, 2018 7:45 pm

TE premium is a must for me in my leagues now, if not they are pretty much useless unless you have Kelce/Gronk.

As for team league, I haven’t played in a 14 Team but I do play in multiple 12 and 16 team leagues and a 14 team with a superflex and TE premium is perfect in my eyes.

The more flexibility in starting req the better. QB/RB/2WR/TE with 1 superflex and 3 flex

Also love auction drafts for startups, did it twice and the first was rough but the second one I love my team and it truly gives owner the option to build whatever team they desire.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed May 23, 2018 8:49 pm

To keep some positional parity, I would recommend 0.03 pts per yard passing (3 for 100 yards), 4 pts per TD, -3 pts per INT, -2 pts per Pick 6. This will drop the floors of all QBs, making bad performance score in the low single digits (making it the same as with other position players). Every QB will rack up yards, only good ones have good TD-INT ratios.

QB A - 300 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT = 18
QB B - 200 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs = 1

In a standard scoring league, QB A would score 23 points, while QB B, who had a terrible terrible day, would still score 9 points. Why reward that with a near double-digit point haul.

It will also allow teams to start a non-QB superflex somewhat comfortably, if they have a decent non-QB available.

If you want to check out some pretty good bylaws, see my USFL Superflex below. For a taxi squad, consider allowing "raiding" so as to prevent someone from parking a really good rookie on the squad to tank.

Lastly, if you go with rookie auctions, you will need to figure out a system to give bad teams more rookie funds, to allow them to snag the better players. I have considered such a system, but never seen it before. Would be really interesting to see how it goes.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:49 pm To keep some positional parity, I would recommend 0.03 pts per yard passing (3 for 100 yards), 4 pts per TD, -3 pts per INT, -2 pts per Pick 6. This will drop the floors of all QBs, making bad performance score in the low single digits (making it the same as with other position players). Every QB will rack up yards, only good ones have good TD-INT ratios.

QB A - 300 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT = 18
QB B - 200 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs = 1

In a standard scoring league, QB A would score 23 points, while QB B, who had a terrible terrible day, would still score 9 points. Why reward that with a near double-digit point haul.

It will also allow teams to start a non-QB superflex somewhat comfortably, if they have a decent non-QB available.

If you want to check out some pretty good bylaws, see my USFL Superflex below. For a taxi squad, consider allowing "raiding" so as to prevent someone from parking a really good rookie on the squad to tank.

Lastly, if you go with rookie auctions, you will need to figure out a system to give bad teams more rookie funds, to allow them to snag the better players. I have considered such a system, but never seen it before. Would be really interesting to see how it goes.
I like this

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 24, 2018 5:07 pm

For what it’s worth, coming from somebody who decided to exclusively only join leagues if they’re superflex starting a few years back, I prefer my leagues that don’t nerf QB scoring.

First, you’re playing superflex in order to increase the value of QBs- EMBRACE IT!

Second, my limited experience is that the people who want to play superflex are the same hardcore types who prefer complex scoring and lots of starters. When you have nerfed QB scoring, but you’re a starting 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 2 Flexes, with PPR, TE Premium, and PPC, all of a sudden you’re valuing QB more closely to standard scoring.

Nerfing QB values is fine, especially in a league without a lot of total starters and a lot of extra scoring. I’d personally recommend higher QB scoring. I’ve found it’s more fun and that QB values are closer to their real life equivalent.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 am

The focus of my scoring above is not so much to nerf all QBs as much as it is to nerf the bad ones. I hate it when a crap QB performance this tallies 12 to 15 points. No, a bad QB performance should result in a low single digit score, the same way as every other position.

If you want to maintain elite QB values, you can always up TDs to 5 or 6. All QBs rack up yards, only elite ones rack up lots of TDs and not to many INTs.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 am The focus of my scoring above is not so much to nerf all QBs as much as it is to nerf the bad ones. I hate it when a crap QB performance this tallies 12 to 15 points. No, a bad QB performance should result in a low single digit score, the same way as every other position.

If you want to maintain elite QB values, you can always up TDs to 5 or 6. All QBs rack up yards, only elite ones rack up lots of TDs and not to many INTs.
And that’s fine! In standard scoring, as you mentioned in your post, I agree with you.

My point is that my experience is such that superflex leagues are also high scoring PPR leagues with deep starters. The WR who turns 12 targets into 6 catches for 52 yards had a rough day, but that’s still 11.2 PPR points.

The counter-point is that part of the idea of a superflex league is to mirror the NFL where QB is king, and in the NFL, bad-mediocre QBs are more valuable than the guys who make up the WR3 crowd.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF