Hackenberg to OAK

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Hackenberg to OAK

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 23, 2018 4:48 pm

MucBuc wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 pm Gruden never met a QB he wasn't excited about
QFT
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Cook and Hackenburg, except in deep (like 35+ man rosters) leagues, are still only names to monitor even in SF. If one of them wins the backup job outright, and you need QB depth/emergency starter behind Carr - maybe pick that guy up if Carr misses a game or 2 - but thats a lot of ifs.

I will say this - context means a lot - if either of those guys was sitting behind Brady in NE - there would be a lot less skepticism and more discussion about whether they are worth a pickup or a late rookie. But because its Oakland and a lot of people are dismissing Gruden from the get-go it is taken about as seriously as Christine Michael RB1 talk would be.

And maybe rightfully so. But if you're in a superflex league, or a 16 team league with limited QB depth - these are the types of names you need to be monitoring over the off-season for positive news - because you never know what is going to happen - and ignoring these guys now, forgetting about them and then watching them end up on a savvy owners roster down the road right after a Carr injury - is how you stay stuck in neutral in dynasty.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:32 pm

I’m trying to understand how anyone could see value enough in Hack to roster him. I mean I see you guys go deep and you have Cardale Jones and JT Barret. I don’t see much case for them either, but I’d rather have them at least than Hack.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:32 pm I’m trying to understand how anyone could see value enough in Hack to roster him. I mean I see you guys go deep and you have Cardale Jones and JT Barret. I don’t see much case for them either, but I’d rather have them at least than Hack.
Yeah it was more or less for deep leagues 16 team superflex leagues were there is pretty much nothing on the waiver wire
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm Cook and Hackenburg, except in deep (like 35+ man rosters) leagues, are still only names to monitor even in SF. If one of them wins the backup job outright, and you need QB depth/emergency starter behind Carr - maybe pick that guy up if Carr misses a game or 2 - but thats a lot of ifs.

I will say this - context means a lot - if either of those guys was sitting behind Brady in NE - there would be a lot less skepticism and more discussion about whether they are worth a pickup or a late rookie. But because its Oakland and a lot of people are dismissing Gruden from the get-go it is taken about as seriously as Christine Michael RB1 talk would be.

And maybe rightfully so. But if you're in a superflex league, or a 16 team league with limited QB depth - these are the types of names you need to be monitoring over the off-season for positive news - because you never know what is going to happen - and ignoring these guys now, forgetting about them and then watching them end up on a savvy owners roster down the road right after a Carr injury - is how you stay stuck in neutral in dynasty.
Appreciate the share good read
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 23, 2018 9:43 pm

One can safely ignore Hack's offseason news until he plays in a preseason game and, for once, isn't a hilarious dumpster fire.

Note he's tried and failed to do this six times now. Seventh time's the charm?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 24, 2018 3:44 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm Cook and Hackenburg, except in deep (like 35+ man rosters) leagues, are still only names to monitor even in SF. If one of them wins the backup job outright, and you need QB depth/emergency starter behind Carr - maybe pick that guy up if Carr misses a game or 2 - but thats a lot of ifs.

Pretty sure both of these guys are still behind Manuel, so even if Carr goes down, you're really only getting a backup at that point.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:25 am

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 am

Find it funny how this was even a thread. He's done
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 am

His accuracy in OTAs with his new throwing motion targeting receivers against air and in drills must have been even worse than before if he was bad enough there to already get cut like this.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:35 am You would have to play in a league so deep that nearly every skill position player is rostered, and the waiver wire is populated with guys not on NFL rosters.

I'd rank Hackenberg ahead of Tebow or Favre, but behind Manziel, for reference.
Stand by these rankings.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 am

https://www.si.com/0mmqb/2016/05/11/nfl ... rson-wentz

Interesting article, with interesting implications.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

joeya2001 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:08 pm
thebeast wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:11 am

Glad you two could join
Sorry, but it’s a ridiculous question. Your asking if a QB who was a backups backup that didn’t have any value now has value behind Carr and a bunch of others guys when he was traded for a 7th round pick? Of course the answer is he has no value.
Come on he has value, in a 32 team league with 52 man rosters!
Apparently not...
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 am https://www.si.com/0mmqb/2016/05/11/nfl ... rson-wentz

Interesting article, with interesting implications.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:58 am

NE brought him for a look...
@PlankMelody