Hunter Henry Out for Season

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Hunter Henry Out for Season

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pm Wire is pretty bare. Seals-Jones, Mcdonald, Stephen Anderson and Ed Dickson are the guys available after our rookie draft.
Well, first of all, pick up Seals-Jones.

Jordan Akins is taken? If a young TE riser as decent as Seals-Jones is on the wire, I feel like Akins might have been passed over in your rookie draft. You mention Anderson there, but there's solid odds Akins starts immediately in Houston as a rookie.

What about Luke Willson? Seems he'll be starting for the Lions. Also might as well pick up ol' Virgil Green. It's always been strange that a 92nd percentile SPARQ freak that was a pretty good pass-catcher in college never got a proper shot at that role in Denver.
My rookie draft starts June 1st. The wire is locked till then. Willson is available as is Green. I’m actually thinking about sending an over pay to get Njoku back.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 pm

I like Tyrod Taylor, but reluctance to target intermediate-depth routes between the hashmarks is his primary flaw, and that figures to be where Njoku runs a lot of his routes. Plus, Taylor's probably not going to throw for much past 3k yardage, and there's a lot of mouths to feed in Cleveland now. Njoku probably won't have a huge 2018 season.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed May 23, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 pm I like Tyrod Taylor, but intermediate targets between the hashmarks are his primary flaw, and that figures to be where Njoku runs a lot of his routes.
He made Charles Clay a thing right? He was a weekly starter when healthy.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 pm I like Tyrod Taylor, but intermediate targets between the hashmarks are his primary flaw, and that figures to be where Njoku runs a lot of his routes.
Taylor had almost no one else to throw to. That Buffalo roster was a joke.

Njoku's got Landry, Gordon, Duke, Coleman to compete with for targets from a QB that's never thrown more than 436 times in a season.

Assuming you got blue-chip value in return, I think you probably did right selling Njoku now. I'm guessing his value will depreciate a bit this season. I like Njoku, but it's probably gonna take a few years before he's returning on his investment for dynasty owners.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Thats true. Im mostly excited for when Baker takes over. I love me some Baker.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 23, 2018 10:16 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Njoku's got Landry, Gordon, Duke, Coleman to compete with for targets from a QB that's never thrown more than 436 times in a season.

Assuming you got blue-chip value in return, I think you probably did right selling Njoku now. I'm guessing his value will depreciate a bit this season. I like Njoku, but it's probably gonna take a few years before he's returning on his investment for dynasty owners.
:roll: Seriously though, I agree that there are a lot of WR's, but Coleman has shown nothing at the NFL level. He's not going to get targets riding the pine.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 pm I love me some Baker.
You and me both. I think the only reason he wasn't universally considered the rightful QB1 of this class by analysts is because they have this irrational idea that a QB picked 1.1 has to be 6'3" or taller.
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:16 pm :roll: Seriously though, I agree that there are a lot of WR's, but Coleman has shown nothing at the NFL level. He's not going to get targets riding the pine.
Landry will not start in 2-wide, and I think it's unlikely Callaway will be ready to start on the boundary opposite Gordon.

Regardless, whoever the WR3 is, they'll be a better bet for targets from Taylor because he's more confident targeting the boundary than he is the middle of the field.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:16 pm

:roll: Seriously though, I agree that there are a lot of WR's, but Coleman has shown nothing at the NFL level. He's not going to get targets riding the pine.
Coleman is a good WR. Go watch him vs Jacksonville. He dog walked THE Jalen Ramsey all day. You could see the visible frustration in Ramsey even on uncatchable passes that were incomplete.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 pm I love me some Baker.
You and me both. I think the only reason he wasn't universally considered the rightful QB1 of this class by analysts is because they have this irrational idea that a QB picked 1.1 has to be 6'3" or taller.
Which is dumb. Im looking for any excuse to draft Baker in my league. But its only a 1 QB league.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am

Kramer wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm Guess who drafted Henry in the 3rd round of a 12 team start 2TE (2 PPR for TE) startup 6 hours before news broke yesterday? This guy.
Man...what’s the scoring and starting requirements for the other positions in that league?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 24, 2018 11:47 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm

Coleman is a good WR. Go watch him vs Jacksonville. He dog walked THE Jalen Ramsey all day. You could see the visible frustration in Ramsey even on uncatchable passes that were incomplete.
Yeah, I watched that. I'll believe it when I see it with any consistency. He drops too many passes, too. IDK, I think he's going to be pretty low on their depth chart this year. Not seeing the targets to make him relevant other than an end of the roster guy in best ball this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm

Yep. He’s quite underrated and I don’t think Hue can see past the injuries. The first two season were largely forfeited to two subsequent broken hands, but Coleman flashed while he was healthy. He was also dynamic in college and is highly athletic. I wish his hands were bigger, but otherwise he’s a hell of a wr prospect.

I’m hoping for one of two things to happen for Coleman. Either he gets traded (been rumored multiple times) or Hue goes away and Coleman gets a good, accurate QB in Mayfield.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu May 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Not to derail this thread or anything but I've been dying for Josh Gordon to get the bleep out of Cleveland but if Corey Coleman gets traded and Hue Jackson gets fired at the end of the season, and then Baker Mayfield gets promoted to starter....it's suddenly a very attractive situation for him.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu May 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am
Kramer wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm Guess who drafted Henry in the 3rd round of a 12 team start 2TE (2 PPR for TE) startup 6 hours before news broke yesterday? This guy.
Man...what’s the scoring and starting requirements for the other positions in that league?
Just PPR for all the other positions with no other quirks. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2flex, 1 superflex. Top TEs scored as much as Hopkins last year for reference. I'll probably have to punt year 1 now.