What Links/Sources Do You Guys Recommend to Provide to Owners New to Dynasty?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ascherb
Starter
Starter

What Links/Sources Do You Guys Recommend to Provide to Owners New to Dynasty?

Postby ascherb » Tue May 22, 2018 9:12 am

I'm starting a league with a bunch of first-timers when it comes to the dynasty thing, and I'm wondering if you guys know of some good articles/sources/links I could provide to the newbies so they can get an idea about how dynasty works and how to value players in dynasty vs. redraft.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: What Links/Sources Do You Guys Recommend to Provide to Owners New to Dynasty?

Postby kamihamster » Tue May 22, 2018 9:28 am

for when they want to trade picks:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138641

although i dont use them now, i do find trade calculators useful in gauging how close an offer may be. would be a good staring point to initiate discussions.

most of the good sites went behind a paywall, but you can still get good info and takes from their podcast. dynasty happy hour just had one where they talked about the difference between a redraft and dynasty... so that may be a good listen for them.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What Links/Sources Do You Guys Recommend to Provide to Owners New to Dynasty?

Postby skip » Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 am

Just direct them to this forum. You will get good/better advice here than looking elsewhere. Just my personal opinion, but I don't think that it is anyone's responsibility (including the commissioner) to hand-hold for anyone else. If they are not tech savvy enough to go to Google and search for it then they are in trouble in any format.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Tue May 22, 2018 10:17 am

skip wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 am Just direct them to this forum. You will get good/better advice here than looking elsewhere. Just my personal opinion, but I don't think that it is anyone's responsibility (including the commissioner) to hand-hold for anyone else. If they are not tech savvy enough to go to Google and search for it then they are in trouble in any format.
Agree with this completely. I am the commish, and I haven't told anyone where I get my info. I don't think any of my guys are here, and I'm not going to point them to it. They are all grown ups and have access to the internet. While I am the commish, I am also trying to beat all of them.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 am

Almost everything I have learned about dynasty has come through personal experience, this forum, the host site DLF and a couple of veteran owners throughout my leagues. I would definitely recommend just sending them here and start reading threads.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue May 22, 2018 10:40 am

i tell them about this site and tell them to google dynasty rankings and dont focus on one set but use them all just get a general feel for how players are valued (nobody ever listens to either piece of advice though)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 22, 2018 1:04 pm

1) This forum.
2) I give them my draft pick chart (in my sig).

I also tell them that any trade made can positively or negatively affect your team for multiple years, so don't just trade willy-nilly.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 pm

listen to a podcast, doens't have to be dynasty only, but all year long... I think if people are interest to stay up to date on a weekly, daily basis they will learn fast. My league listen to the fantasy footballers, they have their issues but I like them a lot.
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue May 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Here’s my welcome email to owners I know are new to dynasty format.
I just wanted to send the main dynasty resource that could be of great help to you.

dynastyleaguefootball.com

First, the premium subscription is well worth the cost especially for rankings (and rookie rankings) as you start acclimating to the dynasty concept.

As well, check out the forums - specifically the…

1. dynasty discussion forum (viewforum.php?f=5) and…

2. dynasty team advice forum (viewforum.php?f=6).

Before making any trades I would strongly suggest you post the deal to the team advice forum to get feedback, it’s an invaluable tool that can help you avoid costly mistakes in the beginning.

Anyway, welcome to the league.