Question about integrity...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Question about integrity...

Postby Prickler » Tue May 22, 2018 8:30 am

I don't think you can make trade #2 as commish. It's bad for the league and looks shady for sure. If he wants to throw away OBJ and 1.01, at least throw him a bone and add in some more valuable assets from your side. You're looking for justification for ripping an inexperienced owner off, and you won't get it here.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Tue May 22, 2018 10:15 am

Trade #2 makes me sick. The fact the OP says "I think I won this trade, but I didn't force anyone to make the trade." lol really. You think you won the deal? Giving up your 4th best QB in a 1 qb league and your #4 rb plus a bunch of junk to get 1.01 and OBJ. Give me a break...that is so f...ing shady.

You should be embarrassed for not even having the decency to acknowledge when you just trade raped a league mate.

Based on his team, league titles, and sounding like new owners are constantly being brought in I bet this is just one of the many one-side deals he's made in his favor. Clearly the process of getting new league mates doesn't include people with experience and understanding of player values.

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Tue May 22, 2018 10:27 am

Lol.

But seriously, u should reverse that trade, refund his $ and find a new owner before he destroys your league.

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty12 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am

Your team is really loaded, before even making those trades. I'd try to make sure owners are educated before fleecing.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue May 22, 2018 11:57 am

mnpacker wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:58 pm As the commissioner, I've been accused of collusion and had my credibility called out by a few newer owners to the league.
Can't imagine why this league had multiple openings. :roll:
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Piling on, but generally you have to think of the health of the league when making trades (when commish), attempt to educate newer members and even show them tools such as trade calculators,etc.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 pm

mnpacker wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 am
Farley wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm You lost trade one. But it's relatively close. I thought your new owners were just being whiners after reading that first one.

Then I read trade #2.......

There's little chance a trade like that can go down in a league without the league eventually crumbling apart. Add to it the fact that you are the commissioner, there are several new owners, you don't all know each other and you do know the owner you traded with. Good luck, but I don't expect those new owners to stick around if it isn't reversed. I know I wouldn't.
I've tried to reverse the trade, but the other owner has declined. He continues to think he has made his team better and won't even take OBJ or Barkley. Now what am I supposed to do?
Not sure what you mean. You have offered to "refund" him his choice of Barkley or OBJ to try to even out that trade (would still be in your favor) and he outright refuses to take one of them back???? For free????

If that's actually true (which is literally impossible for me to understand), then you MUST get rid of the guy from your league. He has zero interest in building a decent team and will assuredly destroy your league.

Reverse the trade and replace the owner. Very simple.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue May 22, 2018 3:48 pm

I am guessing deals like trade 2 are how you built your roster, which is not impressive to me. A roster like yours tells me that other owners either don’t understand dynasty or I don’t know what.

Two of Rodgers, Luck, or Brees will be on your bench. All likely another teams best QB
Two of Gurley, Elliot, Barkley, or McCoy will be on your bench. The RBs on your bench are likely better then most other teams can start.
And it’s similar for your WR and TE positions...

You should fold the league and find a competitive league to play in, clearly yours is not competitive. Lastly, anytime you have to ask about integrity, the answer is almost always the one you didn’t want to hear.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:11 pm

lawilt wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:15 am Trade #2 makes me sick. The fact the OP says "I think I won this trade, but I didn't force anyone to make the trade." lol really. You think you won the deal? Giving up your 4th best QB in a 1 qb league and your #4 rb plus a bunch of junk to get 1.01 and OBJ. Give me a break...that is so f...ing shady.

You should be embarrassed for not even having the decency to acknowledge when you just trade raped a league mate.

Based on his team, league titles, and sounding like new owners are constantly being brought in I bet this is just one of the many one-side deals he's made in his favor. Clearly the process of getting new league mates doesn't include people with experience and understanding of player values.
X2, just didnt have the guts to say it

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Responses here remind me of the little girl in Waterworld asking the Dennis Hopper character " Was this part of your plan ? "

I don't know what you were thinking coming here and asking for feedback. Was your plan to get some justification for making the trade to take back to the disgruntled owners ? Like the little girl I'm wondering if this is how you pictured things going.

cd6696
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cd6696 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:52 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:23 pm Responses here remind me of the little girl in Waterworld asking the Dennis Hopper character " Was this part of your plan ? "

I don't know what you were thinking coming here and asking for feedback. Was your plan to get some justification for making the trade to take back to the disgruntled owners ? Like the little girl I'm wondering if this is how you pictured things going.
Hahah perfect analogy. Makes me think of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1il5R7v9cQ

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue May 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Farley wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 pm
mnpacker wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 am
Farley wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm You lost trade one. But it's relatively close. I thought your new owners were just being whiners after reading that first one.

Then I read trade #2.......

There's little chance a trade like that can go down in a league without the league eventually crumbling apart. Add to it the fact that you are the commissioner, there are several new owners, you don't all know each other and you do know the owner you traded with. Good luck, but I don't expect those new owners to stick around if it isn't reversed. I know I wouldn't.
I've tried to reverse the trade, but the other owner has declined. He continues to think he has made his team better and won't even take OBJ or Barkley. Now what am I supposed to do?
Not sure what you mean. You have offered to "refund" him his choice of Barkley or OBJ to try to even out that trade (would still be in your favor) and he outright refuses to take one of them back???? For free????

If that's actually true (which is literally impossible for me to understand), then you MUST get rid of the guy from your league. He has zero interest in building a decent team and will assuredly destroy your league.

Reverse the trade and replace the owner. Very simple.
If the above is true, he has to go and the trade reversed. You can't rebuild by trading elite assets for "parts".

Care to post his team prior to the trade for reference?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06