Conflict of interest

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
princevincexoxo

Conflict of interest

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:32 pm

I was looking at all my playoff teams and every year I have at least 2 players that I find that Im starting and playing against. Here is the scenario.

In DLF 1 Im starting
SJ and Mendenhall

In DLF Charter Im starting
SJ and MJD

In the UDL Im starting
Foster and Woodhead

In my main money league Im starting
MJD and ADP

In the DLF Charter Im facing
ADP and Foster

In UDL Im facing
MJD and Felix Jones

In that money League Im facing
SJ and Choice

so in order to me to win in the Charter, DLF1, UDL, AND my money league these players have to mathematically score a perfect amount of points so as to not provide any of my teams with too much of an advantage or disadvantage. LOL Does anybody else ever experience scenarios like these? More importantly has anybody ever made it out unscathed? :|

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Conflict of interest

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm currently in 9 leagues, still alive or already in the playoffs in 7 of them so I have too many of these types of senarios to list. This is one of the reasons that I'm scaling back big time next season as it all becomes a little too much to try and figure out sometimes.

I realize that we don't have any control over the outcome of the games and I should just sit back and enjoy the games but I miss the days of being able to root for my players without wondering how their production may benefit me in a couple of leagues but hurt me in multiple others... :crazy:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Steelersfan wrote:. This is one of the reasons that I'm scaling back big time next season as it all becomes a little too much to try and figure out sometimes.

I miss the days of being able to root for my players without wondering how their production may benefit me in a couple of leagues but hurt me in multiple others... :crazy:
I agree with all of this. Thats why i have or am scaling back.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

This is why I have dedicated most of my interest in my 1 Dynasty league. Too many teams = no allegiance. I like Dynasty because you build your team and carry over your success from year to year. If you are in too many leagues, it takes away from the hard work you put in to contend from year to year.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:25 pm

I was in two Superbowls about three years ago in which I needed a player (I can't remember who) to score over about ten to win one, and under about fourteen to win another. They scored about 20.

pdaignau
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pdaignau » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:40 pm

For the reasons people already mentioned... I play in just one dynasty league. It's where my heart and enthusiasm is.

But, I usually play in 2 or 3 regular FFL teams every year. I use these teams to help me keep a pulse on the league as a whole, monitor WW pick ups, injuries, etc. I usually draft these teams so that I don't have many overlapping players.
Start: QB, 2x RB, 2x WR\RB, 2x WR\TE, K, Def - Standard Scoring - 12 Teams
QB: Drew Brees, Joe Flacco, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: Doug Martin, Mark Ingram, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, Alfred Morris, Andre Ellington
WR: Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall, Donte Moncrief, Michael Floyd, Phillip Dorsett, Josh Doctson
DEF, K: Yes

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:06 pm

I was in 9 leagues, but I've scaled down to 5 (1 keeper and 4 dynasty). I worked my way out of the leagues I didn't care as much about, so it's much more reasonable. Still obviously have multiple players that are playing for me and against me.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I'm currently in 9 leagues, still alive or already in the playoffs in 7 of them so I have too many of these types of senarios to list. This is one of the reasons that I'm scaling back big time next season as it all becomes a little too much to try and figure out sometimes.

I realize that we don't have any control over the outcome of the games and I should just sit back and enjoy the games but I miss the days of being able to root for my players without wondering how their production may benefit me in a couple of leagues but hurt me in multiple others... :crazy:
Well said, Mark. :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Haven't had that this year due to only focusing on one league really, while I look at the CBS ticker for some updates on some main guys on my other teams, I really enjoy sitting back and cheering on my guys in my main league, ecspecially considering how the Bengals are playing....

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Yeah i went from 2 dynasty leagues to 8 including joining 3 leagues that were IDP(rookie season). I love it and don't plan to scale back but wow its alot of work and i wasn't prepared for it! Did okay overall but definitely a grind to it! In terms of multiple players deciding your fait in one game and then having em on your team in another several leagues....DONT WATCH THAT GAME LIVE :twisted: ....too grueling but also FUN :thumbup:
Twitter @haydn239

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 am

In order to drop my number of leagues from 9 to 5, I decided that I was no longer interested in seasonal or non-IDP leagues. Non-IDP leagues were boring for me at this point and my seasonal leagues weren't that competative, since I finished in the top 3 every year. So dithced the non-IDP and seasonal leagues to start adopting IDP dynasty teams that have been run into the ground and rebuilding them. A lot of work, but also a lot more challenging and interesting then seasonal formats to me.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 am

I'm in 12 leagues, and I really want to scale it back, but what I find most enjoyable about being in so many leagues is the ability to keep track of multiple players. I think it gives me more insight on whether a player is starting to hit some kind of a wall, or if he's starting to come out of a slump. Currently, guys like Hightower,Moreno looked to be coming out of a slump, while Lloyd & P.Hillis were starting to fall into one. I think I'll be dropping out of all my Yahoo leagues, because there's so many ads that the time it takes to load everything freezes up my browser. Hoping to get back down to around 7 or 8 leagues.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:19 am

Vintage wrote:I'm in 12 leagues, and I really want to scale it back, but what I find most enjoyable about being in so many leagues is the ability to keep track of multiple players. I think it gives me more insight on whether a player is starting to hit some kind of a wall, or if he's starting to come out of a slump. Currently, guys like Hightower,Moreno looked to be coming out of a slump, while Lloyd & P.Hillis were starting to fall into one. I think I'll be dropping out of all my Yahoo leagues, because there's so many ads that the time it takes to load everything freezes up my browser. Hoping to get back down to around 7 or 8 leagues.
I'm glad to see someone else is having this issue! I have emailed them numerous times and they have still not fixed it. My local keeper league has used Yahoo for 5 seasons now and I would hate to lose our league history but I can't stand it anymore! :thumbdown:

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:52 am

Since I´m playing in 9 dynasty leagues, I had this "problem" several times this season... but since all of my title contending teams are about to fall apart due to injuries.. it doesn´t matter anymore this year :D
Next year this phenomen might occur again.. but I´ll most not cut back on my leagues!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 pm

I don't even look at this any more. Your lineup probably has 8 to 15 other players in it, other than the common players from other leagues, so you just have all of your players do well, and that will offset whatever happens.

-oo-