Tampa Bay Bucs Running Scheme

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Tampa Bay Bucs Running Scheme

Postby spotxc » Sun May 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Is anybody familiar with what running scheme they use primarily. I see Rojo is good in outside zone, but wanted to check and see what they run in tampa bay to see if they would mesh well

Thanks

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tampa Bay Bucs Running Scheme

Postby bsp27 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 pm

if they're smart they adjust to whatever makes Jones most successful... So I guess outside zone should be the most likely.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun May 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Not sure what they run but I’m sure they will tailor it towards RoJo strengths, I am high on RoJo
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon May 14, 2018 4:05 am

Best I could tell, the last couple years, they've primarily run a power blocking scheme. Koetter was, and remains, the playcaller and if they were planning a move to an outside zone scheme, they would probably have done more changes to their offensive line. I don't watch much Tampa football though, so I'm just going off of various reports on the internet.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue May 15, 2018 9:09 am

bsp27 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 pm if they're smart they adjust to whatever makes Jones most successful... So I guess outside zone should be the most likely.
Not that simple. You gotta have the horses up front first. It took the Steelers several years before they were able to transition to an outside zone. They pretty much had to change up the entire Oline.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 am

steelman wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:09 am
bsp27 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 pm if they're smart they adjust to whatever makes Jones most successful... So I guess outside zone should be the most likely.
Not that simple. You gotta have the horses up front first. It took the Steelers several years before they were able to transition to an outside zone. They pretty much had to change up the entire Oline.
Yeah. Some OLinemen are good zone blockers and some are more power run guys. Good ones can likely do either but normally guys are better at one than the other
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Wed May 16, 2018 9:19 am

Did they run primarily power the last couple of years?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 pm

maxhyde wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 am
steelman wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:09 am
Yeah. Some OLinemen are good zone blockers and some are more power run guys. Good ones can likely do either but normally guys are better at one than the other
To me, zone vs man (power) is a lot like 3-4 vs 4-3. Zone is like the 3-4 defense where it's built around speed and quickness. Man is like the 4-3 where it's more about strength. Some guys have enough strength & speed to be effective in both, but most guys are better in one or the other.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker