Owners getting on your "no trade" list

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Owners getting on your "no trade" list

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat May 12, 2018 10:19 pm

I've seen comments that people will put other owners on their list of people not to trade with if they make a low-ball offer. Curious if there are other activities that could put an owner on that list. Take "too long" to make a draft pick? Letting a trade offer time out? Failure to reply to trade feeling out messages? Offensive language of some sort?

How many times must an owner do that activity to get a no-trade-with-you ban?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Re: Owners getting on your "no trade" list

Postby DonBrazi » Sun May 13, 2018 1:20 am

Sometimes I try to put a leaguemate on my blacklist, but when push comes to shove, I can't turn down a good deal for my team. So really, the worst I can do is put someone on my 'do not initiate talks with' list. He/she ever came around and sent me something decent, I'd deal with them.

Saying that, there are a few things that really grind my gears*. I wouldn't be able to quantify how many times I have to experience something to make me blacklist someone, but I could say that once I feel like I know who someone is, and I don't feel like they're legitimately invested/interested in fair, peer-to-peer engagements, I check out. An insulting offer is one thing. Not really a big deal. But if I come to identify someone with insulting offers, that's another thing. Same for all the other stuff. I just expect genuine engagement.

*A few:
- clichéd responses (eg. quoting ADP, value of picks will increase, value of vets will increase, 'I'm willing to...', etc.)
- only looking for win-lose trades (ie. refusing to make 'fair' deals)
- preying on the weak owners in a league
- trying to artificially drive up prices (eg. sitting on a pick during a draft)
- not responding to offers/inquiries (eg. letting offers expire or not engaging in a dialogue)
- ignoring responses/comments (eg. continually offering players/pieces already noted as uninteresting)
- asking for just a little bit more (eg. 'throw in a 3rd, and we have a deal')
- not recognising biases and/or inconsistencies (eg. 'I don't like Player X because he's short' But you love AB and he's short. Silence.)
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:14 am

I'll start by turning this around. I was put on someones "no trade list" for what they though was me declining their offer and accepting a worse offer. He was heated and I think really wanted my player who I traded to another team. I pointed out to him that he declined the trade. He told me to never send him any more trade offers. This happened at the end of last season and I gave him his space. He got the 1.01 and I really wanted Barkley. I sent him a couple offers this year and he accepted and didn't mention he couldn't trade with me. So I think I'm good now.
As for those I don't send offers to include people who don't respond to trade offers and just let the time go out. This one is kind of obvious as there is no reason to keep sending the trades out to. The other person in my league I don't send offers to are those that continually make you add and add each onto every trade. I understand paying up to get your guy, but it is every trade I send him so he must have the impression every guy is my guy so I just let him come to me.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

NattyDread
Rookie
Rookie

Postby NattyDread » Sun May 13, 2018 5:16 am

- not responding to offers/inquiries (eg. letting offers expire or not engaging in a dialogue)

Fastest way for me not to want to discuss deals with an owner in the future. Really, how much effort is it at a minimum, to click decline?

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:05 am

Don’t let personal feelings interfere with trade talks. I never cut myself off to any possible avenue of bettering my team, I have no such blacklist.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sun May 13, 2018 7:20 am

Great topic!
I usually don't put owners on a blacklist if I can avoid it; however, oftentimes when I am looking for trades, I will just "pass over" certain owners' rosters for various reasons (always expecting to "win" deals outright rather than doing win-win deals, for example).
Generally I will not tell those owners, but many who are in leagues with me know that if they are not getting offers from me for an extended period of time (i.e. more than a month or two), they're probably on my bleep list.
There is one thing, though, that will get owners blacklisted by me for sure. When owners inquire after players on my team, and then, after they get a price to acquire them, start trashing the players and pointing out all their warts (some even make up a few) to get the price down below a fair return.

For example, an owner in one of my leagues joined the league last year. First offer he sends me is his 1.01 (Fournette/Davis) for A-Rob, the 1.06, and a 2018 1st which has a real shot to be 1.01. I reject and counter with A-Rob for 1.01 and a projected mid 2018 1st. He trashes A-Rob (He's JAG, the Jaguars suck and he'll never amount to much, blah blah blah). Okay, then, why are you trying to acquire him?

Same owner, a playoff contender, needs an RB and inquires after Alex collins after he seized control of BAL backfield. I quote him a price, he does the same thing, starts trashing Collins. Then he asks after Michael Thomas, I quote him a price, he trashes Thomas (JAG, old for a second year guy, will suck if Brees leaves, etc.). At this point, I'm done with him. He inquires after another player at the trade deadline last year, I ignore him. Don't even look at his roster for eight months or so.

This week, like Poltergeist or a bad case of herpes, heee's back. This time asking after Chris Carson (after he just drafted Penny). I told him I'd swap Carson for DaeSean Hamilton (whom he just drafted with the 32nd pick in the rookie draft). Guess what, another rant about how Carson sucks. I told him I was tired of dealing with him and to please stop sending me any inquiries after my players, and he responds by writing a mile long DM on Groupme analyzing every trade offer he made and how they really weren't that bad, that I need to lighten up and not take bad trade offers so personally (even though I never said it was about bad trade offers), truth be told, I didn't even read half of it. Spewed some bleep about his trashing players being a "sales" method. Whatever, done with him.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 am

Player types I either can't or avoid trading with as much as possible:

1) The never-accept, never-counteroffer, zero-communication in-league or text GMs. These guys plain suck the fun out the league. And don't care and/or don't pay attention anyway most of the time too. You wonder if they're still alive, or if AI, a small child, or rodent is actually running their team into the ground.

2) The elite trade fleecers/multiple-time champs. These guys destroy everyone else in horribly one-side trades. Why feed the beast? It's obvious how dumb that is. The "only worry about your own team" mantra doesn't mean jack when you see an impossibly vast ocean of 1st round picks gotten on the cheap on someone's powerhouse roster.

3) The trash-talker/jerk gets more of an honorable mention. Some people live to piss other people off, but this player is only ranked third as I've learned some of these guys can be decent trade partners. Even when I disagree with their rules suggestions, team philosophy, opinions, hair color, clothes style, favorite cereal, etc., getting a deal done here is often less painful than dealing with the first two on the list.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Postby freddog97 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am

There are only 1 things that grind my gears.... Owners that quote TRADE CALCULATORS. "the calculator says you're winning the trade so you should accept"
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 am

freddog97 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am There are only 1 things that grind my gears.... Owners that quote TRADE CALCULATORS. "the calculator says you're winning the trade so you should accept"
This would be my number 1 reason as well. I don’t know that I would go as far to ever just say I am not going to trade with someone but , I will stay away or not send offers. I recently had a guy in a league that I took over an orphan team ( which seems to be my new favorite hobby) that sent me a counter on an offer and sent a screenshot of the calculator he used. I honestly never have used one in a trade . I have seen them and compared different ones but never used it in my trading. This time I found one that showed the trade to be 1 point different in value so essentially even. He replied my calculator was broke. That guy is going to have a hard time getting a trade done with me moving forward.
Also, there are some people that just refuse any offer which I don’t get. I at least send a note back saying it is too rich for me , or not looking to move this player at this time but thanks for the offer.
Great topic here, I am interested to see others comments.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun May 13, 2018 9:25 am

Smoking Guns wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 am
freddog97 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am There are only 1 things that grind my gears.... Owners that quote TRADE CALCULATORS. "the calculator says you're winning the trade so you should accept"
This would be my number 1 reason as well. I don’t know that I would go as far to ever just say I am not going to trade with someone but , I will stay away or not send offers. I recently had a guy in a league that I took over an orphan team ( which seems to be my new favorite hobby) that sent me a counter on an offer and sent a screenshot of the calculator he used. I honestly never have used one in a trade . I have seen them and compared different ones but never used it in my trading. This time I found one that showed the trade to be 1 point different in value so essentially even. He replied my calculator was broke. That guy is going to have a hard time getting a trade done with me moving forward.
Also, there are some people that just refuse any offer which I don’t get. I at least send a note back saying it is too rich for me , or not looking to move this player at this time but thanks for the offer.
Great topic here, I am interested to see others comments.
Interesting, I love when people quote the trade calculators because I can always come up with a counter that I like where their calculator shows them winning the deal. Then they just look stupid if they don’t accept.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 am

I will trade with any owner if it’s in the best interest of my team. I do agree with others that the owners that don’t respond to offers, they are at the bottom of my list of who I will more than likely deal with. I just can’t understand not even replying to an email after 3 days, there’s always an owner like that and in my leagues, they are usually the team that doesn’t make any trades with anyone and more times than not, they are usually amongst the worst teams in the league. I will still trade with them but it has to be a good deal for my team.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun May 13, 2018 9:28 am

No blacklist for me. The object of the game is to build the best team possible and that is easier to accomplish when you have all avenues open. You have to be able to work with and engage people you dislike, and not just in fantasy football.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:29 am

I’ll trade with anyone if the offer is good for my team, so no one gets on a “don’t trade list”. That said, I stay away from the guys that never respond. Trade calculators, low ball offers and abrasive comments are annoying, and I may shy away from them but if I think I have a good offer for them I’ll send it
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 am

thebeast wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:28 am No blacklist for me. The object of the game is to build the best team possible and that is easier to accomplish when you have all avenues open. You have to be able to work with and engage people you dislike, and not just in fantasy football.
Same here. There was one instance where I was furious at the actions of a particular league mate who strung me along saying he would accept a trade we agreed on when he got off work, when he was actually shopping my players in trade talks with someone else. When those trades didnt materialize he just left my trade in his inbox and wouldnt respond to further txts. I will never initiate trade talks with that owner again, but I will not blacklist him from ever trading with if he approaches me.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:58 am

There are people I just know that I can’t trade with. That’s not to say a trade could never happen with them. We are just too far apart in our valuations of players to even get started. I don’t think I will ever have a “no trade” list.
I guess it could happen though, you never know.