Owners getting on your "no trade" list

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Owners getting on your "no trade" list

Postby cazzie33 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:31 am

I'm the guy that gets blacklisted...Not because of unfair initial offers or trade calculator tools (only tools use them and it is quite fun to use their own devices against them ) but because if somebody constantly is trying to get over in 99.9% of their offers I will "ask for help" in the chat room or on the league message board. This tactic seems to get me on their shatlist like clockwork.

Which doesn't bother me at all if they are embarrassed by their offers then don't send them. If they say that's their tactic to start then I explain going public is "my tactic". Basically do the same with calculator heads. Use their own calculator to send back a "fair value" which both of us know there's not a chance in Hell they'll accept.

But it's been proven time and again that even those that have put you on the "do not call" list will pick up the phone if they hear an offer they like.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon May 14, 2018 7:44 am

I don't blacklist anyone, but there are definitely owners that I'm more likely to just flat reject with no counter. These are generally the owners that try to get one over on me, such as offering me a player just as news breaks in the hope I haven't seen it, or the guys that continually trash the very players they're trying to get from me. I don't care if that's your "sales tactic". Shove your tactics up your keister. Deal straight with people, and it will never be a problem. That's the way I try to operate and I expect it of others.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 am

Would never actually not trade with an owner if a good deal came my way. There are definitely owners who I don't approach as I know it won't be worth my time

One owner needs ridiculous overpays to do anything. Another has a very frustrating habit of agreeing to something in chat, and then either not accepting the MFL offer or sending over his own offer with a bunch of stuff added that tips the balance way off
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon May 14, 2018 8:51 am

I'm surprised that owner "blacklist" others in their leagues because of bad trade offers. It takes a few seconds to hit reject. If the offer is that bad, don't engage with any comments. Every once in a while that owner will happen to send a decent offer.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 pm

If somebody is unresponsive, doesn't respond to chats, doesn't check MFL, I set their offers to expire in the morning and then I just resend the offer on a daily basis.
I love this idea.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 am

bigchiefbc wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:44 am I don't blacklist anyone, but there are definitely owners that I'm more likely to just flat reject with no counter. These are generally the owners that try to get one over on me, such as offering me a player just as news breaks in the hope I haven't seen it, or the guys that continually trash the very players they're trying to get from me. I don't care if that's your "sales tactic". Shove your tactics up your keister. Deal straight with people, and it will never be a problem. That's the way I try to operate and I expect it of others.

:clap: :clap:
X100 on the bolded above.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Mako
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Mako » Mon May 14, 2018 1:01 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:31 am I'm the guy that gets blacklisted...Not because of unfair initial offers or trade calculator tools (only tools use them and it is quite fun to use their own devices against them ) but because if somebody constantly is trying to get over in 99.9% of their offers I will "ask for help" in the chat room or on the league message board. This tactic seems to get me on their shatlist like clockwork.

Which doesn't bother me at all if they are embarrassed by their offers then don't send them. If they say that's their tactic to start then I explain going public is "my tactic". Basically do the same with calculator heads. Use their own calculator to send back a "fair value" which both of us know there's not a chance in Hell they'll accept.

But it's been proven time and again that even those that have put you on the "do not call" list will pick up the phone if they hear an offer they like.
It's like this for me. If I get blacklisted, it's because I refuse to accept the other owner's crap trade offers. I had an owner offered me a 30 year old Fullback for my 20 year old rookie Running Back, with the explanation that his Fullback was 'an ascending talent'. Another time, he asked for 2 of my players yet he didn't offer any players or picks in return. Yup - I give up 2 pieces for his nothing! After letting it sit for a few days, I asked him to explain this 'deal'. He just pulled the offer without amending it or saying anything. After he publicly complained about 'how hard it was to deal with me' he declared he wasn't going to offer me any more deals, as if his 5 Nickles for a Dollar were 'deals'.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Mon May 14, 2018 2:31 pm

there are guys i know i dont like to deal with because they are unreasonable. there are guys that i know send low ball offers but you can eventually get them to fall more inline with market values. there are guys that want who they want and will over pay. there are guys that i just don't like as a human being. all that said, if there's a need, and the value is fair, there's no one i won't trade with.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Mon May 14, 2018 4:58 pm

thebeast wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:28 am No blacklist for me. The object of the game is to build the best team possible and that is easier to accomplish when you have all avenues open. You have to be able to work with and engage people you dislike, and not just in fantasy football.
^ this
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Tue May 15, 2018 7:05 am

No blacklist but I have teams I no longer initiate any trade discussions with. Always due to inactivity in responding when have offered trades in the past through the site, emails or league chat.

slamen13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby slamen13 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:22 am

freddog97 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am There are only 1 things that grind my gears.... Owners that quote TRADE CALCULATORS. "the calculator says you're winning the trade so you should accept"
How about Commissioners like you that bail on the league you start without saying anything. You just remove your self from the group chat and cut tail and run when we ask you what's going on.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:46 am

slamen13 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:22 am
freddog97 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am There are only 1 things that grind my gears.... Owners that quote TRADE CALCULATORS. "the calculator says you're winning the trade so you should accept"
How about Commissioners like you that bail on the league you start without saying anything. You just remove your self from the group chat and cut tail and run when we ask you what's going on.
Busted, Buster!
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:57 am

I haven't yet come across a reason to blacklist. Even someone sending out terrible offers is worth talking to if you build heavily through trades like I do.

An owner in my league came at me for days trying to offer Stills + 2019 3rd for D. Henry + Tannehill. This was a Superflex league and that offer was obviously insultingly lopsided, and he wouldn't acknowledge it as anything but "fair value." I've since made two trades with him that have helped me quite a bit, including one for Zeke.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:14 pm

meh never put anyone on a no trade list. I get really annoyed when someone offers me a trade, i decline, then they berate me saying I was winning by so much how I could I not do it? I always ask well why do you want my side if it's so much worse? They never answer... Still, if they come back with a good offer, I'll take it.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:29 pm

I put a guy on my no trade list because every time I traded with him the best player I acquired got hurt within 3 weeks.