Owners getting on your "no trade" list

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Owners getting on your "no trade" list

Postby skip » Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 am

I had an owner that I had to take to small claims court over an issue unrelated to the league. I won the ruling but to date he still owes me a considerable sum and I have little to no means to collect. I finally dropped the league last off season after being involved for over 10 years. For over 5 years, I treated that league like it had only 11 owners. I should have left sooner but the situation was such that he should have left, not me.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 am

I do not have a "blacklist" per se. If you make an offer I like I will accept it. But there is one owner in one league that as soon as I see the words "trade offer" from him--My mind is already in "Decline" mode. That's because this guy offers almost exclusively VERY LOPSIDED TRADE OFFERS.

I understand sending a "lowball" offer. But there is a difference between a "lowball" offer and a VERY LOPSIDED TRADE OFFER.

I have never used a trade calculator and I honestly know very few that actually do. I usually make my decisions based on my knowledge and feelings (MY guy--I guess you could say) about a player rather than some random equations written into a program.

I will say I have let offers sit and die. But mostly because I want to consider them at length and then I get too busy and by the time I get back to it the time has elapsed. Also on this subject--in the leagues that I am in on ESPN--last year there seemed to be a glitch in their system. There were numerous occasions when I never received a trade offer and the owner would actually come to me ask me what I thought of trade. And i would tell him truthfully I have no thoughts on it because I never received it. It was so bad that we got to the point where we actually gave each other our private emails--instead of trying to go through the ESPN trade function--. My point is--just because a trade offer lapses without in contact or communications doesn't mean that it's the owner's fault.

I do have issues with owners coming back with the same players that you have told them on countless occasions "I am not interested in that player." For me it's CJA--and always has been. I don't ever want him on my team--.

I could go on about trade talks forever because talking about the philosophy of trades has always intrigued me. Probably some of the most discussions on the entire forum--

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sun May 13, 2018 10:45 am

Just this,year I had to finally ask one owner "what will it take to get you to never send me offers again?". Just constant nonsense. Example would be Blount and a 3rd rd pick for Amari.

That's the one that sent me over the edge. It worked for a while and then out of the blue he sent me a halfway decent offer. Quick counter on my part and deal done.

Shocked but as others have said here you can never turn down a good offer. No one says you can't tell like it is when need be however.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 am

anyone anywhere any time !

no I don't blacklist owners as I am not a sensitive child because a dude won a some trades with me, sent me a bad offer or fleeced a dope in one of my leagues !

This topic cracks me up as I am shocked that most of you ever get trades done there are so many idiosyncrasies that get folks panties all waded up . If a dude keeps sending me offers of the same player I will tell nope don't want him and I didn't want him the first 4 times you offered him.
If a guy kills a trade I don't get jealous and pitch a fit or hold my breath - I send him a note of congratulations and then fire off an offer to the owner that got whacked and try to get me some treasure as well . I have noticed a few owners who get trade happy - they remind me of women back when I was a single dude many decades ago . A top shelf predator can spot his prey item rather easily with some practice and proper instincts right ?
Fair trade offers schmoffers ! the whole ilk of people who screech about this slay me - I have been forced to make fair trades and even over pay for assets I really want from shrewd managers - but I do not - have not and will never apologize for getting the very best deal I can get for my team - that is the damned job people to maximize your roster - ethically and within the rules - no other consideration is required ! If the perception is I hosed someone - here is a tissue !

As a multi time champion of several league I likely am on a bunch of no trade lists - good - GOOD - joke them if they can't take a ****
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 am

Great thread.

I've never put someone on a no-trade list because no matter what if I like an offer I'll accept and will still send an offer if I think it makes sense.

However I will occasionally put people on a no discussion list, but only for making rude comments.

In all my years (20+ and at least 12 leagues per year) I've only put one person on my do not even respond/let the timer run out list and that took a lot of doing on his part.

On a side note, I usually don't lowball. My first offer is my real offer, and maybe I'll negotiate a second, but not too much after that.

Pet peeve ... people using CAPS or exclamation point when they're mad ... silly of me, I guess.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun May 13, 2018 1:34 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:05 am Don’t let personal feelings interfere with trade talks. I never cut myself off to any possible avenue of bettering my team, I have no such blacklist.
I try to be like sugbear in that respect. However some owners, due either to their valuations, or more likely their style of trading they like to do, while not on a "no trade" list are owners that I dont go out of my way to contact for trade offers, or expect much in the way of trades to occur with.

For example say I own Zeke in a league, and an owner sends me an offer of Tarik Cohen and a 2019 1st for him. I'm going to reject the offer, and not bother sending a counter offer - simply because of where they started the price.

I know that every offer is a means to send back an offer and "educate" them on the price/value of the player they are inquiring about, but when you've been in a league long enough, you tend to get a sense of when an owner is using a tactic to control negotiations to get a favorable price for them, versus either having a different valuation or not having a sense of where a player should be valued.

If, in the Zeke example, I counter with what I think I need for Zeke, they are just going to counter with Cohen, a 2019 1st and a 2019 2nd, and that just isnt a productive way to get a fair deal for both involved done. You dont have a $100 price tag on a player, get a $10 offer, counter with the offer of $100, and keep negotiating if their next price is $15, because they are simply setting you up to sell for $50, if you werent oblivious enough to accept the first $10 offer.

So that owner that offers the Cohen & 1st for Zeke deal, I am not putting them on a no trade list, but I am making a note that this owner is someone who until they send an offer that makes sense - if not to me at least to the general perception of where a player is valued - is in more of a 'penalty box' than a "no trade" zone. And if they choose to keep coming with either really low offers or give off a sense that they arent seriously interested - then no trades will get done with those offers.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Sun May 13, 2018 3:09 pm

First rule of Negotiations - always ask for more, because they just might say yes. With that in mind, I will always send an offer that is slightly in my favor. For example, I just sold Ekeler to the Gordon owner for a 4th (what I thought he was worth). I offered a 3rd. It was rejected and I sold him for a 4th. Half the time, this works. Half the time it doesn’t. But I don’t send ridiculous, insulting offers. It has to be close. You never know how much the other guy values the player.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 13, 2018 4:18 pm

There are owners who I have a really hard time trading with or who I rarely trade with because I don't like their players. But I wouldn't understand completely ruling out trading with a team.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:28 pm

When I get offered this:
Matthews, Rishard TEN WR
Moncrief, Donte IND WR
Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.11

To me for
Green, A.J. CIN WR
Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.06
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun May 13, 2018 4:48 pm

bsp27 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:28 pm When I get offered this:
Matthews, Rishard TEN WR
Moncrief, Donte IND WR

To me for
Green, A.J. CIN WR
When I get ridiculous offers like this, I appreciate it shows the other person either puts significant value on that first, or they want to see if you do. If the former, I've made offers to those types of owners where a bunch of value from my side is in pick/s and I get an upgrade in production.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:59 pm

To me there isnt really a true no trade list but rather a I wont go out of my way to deal with you list. Easiest way on there is to send an obligatory what do you want for X, and then after I let them know what I like to just not respond

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:48 pm
bsp27 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:28 pm When I get offered this:
Matthews, Rishard TEN WR
Moncrief, Donte IND WR

To me for
Green, A.J. CIN WR
When I get ridiculous offers like this, I appreciate it shows the other person either puts significant value on that first, or they want to see if you do. If the former, I've made offers to those types of owners where a bunch of value from my side is in pick/s and I get an upgrade in production.
Ugh you just never know what might get accepted. Literally 30 mins ago the AJ Green owner in one of my leagues sold Green for Taylor Gabriel, 1.11, and 2.08....ouch.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 pm

I don't cut anybody off, as you never know when they're going to have a crazy high valuation on one of your guys, but I have different solutions to the types of offenses detailed here.

To the guy who offers me terrible crap, I'll "accidentally" reply in the group chat that I don't want to give up AJ Green for two guys I might cut and to move up 7 picks, so everybody knows he sends terrible offers.

To the guy who trashes my players as he tries to trade for them, I'll immediately break off negotiations and tell them "nevermind, I have no interest trading Michael Thomas to somebody who only values him as JAG" and then go radio silent on them.

To the person who keeps offering me the same guy over and over again despite me expressing that I don't have interest, I'll ask the league "hey, will anybody out there take Coby Fleener from Team X so he can stop offering him to me?"

If somebody is unresponsive, doesn't respond to chats, doesn't check MFL, I set their offers to expire in the morning and then I just resend the offer on a daily basis.

Some of the other things mentioned don't bother me. I don't care if you've fleeced the dummies, that's the point of the game. I'll trade with the guys who always ask for a 3rd, I just calibrate my offer in the opposite direction anticipating that request.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm

freddog97 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am There are only 1 things that grind my gears.... Owners that quote TRADE CALCULATORS. "the calculator says you're winning the trade so you should accept"
:thumbup: Yep. Or they show you the points on why your offer isn't good. I can still deal with them, it's just odd how deals I think have no chance get accepted sometimes, while other times a deal I find far less favourable to me gets declined because it was in my favour.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun May 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Got offered Gronk/2.07 for my Winston/Engram/Cohen in my 16 Team Superflex TE Premium League.

Pretty sure he should be on my blacklist no?
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst