2018 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2018 Running Back Report

Postby ArrylT » Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Juju also plays Fortnite - hmmm could there be a positive correlation between NFL rookies who play Fortnite and immediate success? :surprised: :think:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm Juju also plays Fortnite - hmmm could there be a positive correlation between NFL rookies who play Fortnite and immediate success? :surprised: :think:
Guice posted on his instagram a pic of him and Juju with the hashtag #fortnite. They play together too.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am

Just a bump for those with upcoming rookie drafts (and a need at RB).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm

The notion that an enthusiastic video-game hobby and professional athletics are somehow incompatible is nonsense springing from antiquated Baby Boomer and Gen X minds. It's not as if playing Fortnite is crack. Or World of Warcraft.

Regardless, Fortnite, like all fad video-games of the past decade that aren't MMO or supported by a profitable 'e-sport' circuit, will die off in popularity in another year or two and be replaced by something else. Guice and other young players in the league are into it right now because it was a popular pastime in their college dorms, and once its time is up I'm guessing they won't pay much attention to whatever new game replaces Fortnite because at that point they'll be too far removed from the social life that prompted their interest previously.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:43 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm The notion that an enthusiastic video-game hobby and professional athletics are somehow incompatible is nonsense springing from antiquated Baby Boomer and Gen X minds. It's not as if playing Fortnite is crack. Or World of Warcraft.

Regardless, Fortnite, like all fad video-games of the past decade that aren't MMO or supported by a profitable 'e-sport' circuit, will die off in popularity in another year or two and be replaced by something else. Guice and other young players in the league are into it right now because it was a popular pastime in their college dorms, and once its time is up I'm guessing they won't pay much attention to whatever new game replaces Fortnite because at that point they'll be too far removed from the social life that prompted their interest previously.
Well Fortnite is actually going to be an eSport, Epic is rewarding over 100 million in prize pool for events and tournaments for the first year of competitive play.

I actually disagree, I don’t think Fortnite gets replaced not anytime in the next 3+ years
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 pm

Ah, I see. News to me.

But I still disagree Fortnite will have staying power in esport. Not because there's anything wrong with the game, but because the games that last in esport are the ones that are the most stimulating to watch. Seems to me Fortnite doesn't have that element which CS, StarCraft, and the major MOBAs have.

Only my opinion, but I used to write for the CGS like a decade ago (Championship Gaming Series on DirecTV), so I like to think it's more credible than some.

Anyway, I wish Fortnite best of luck. I got no actual problems with the game. It seems to require a bit more thought than playing CoD, Halo, etc, so that's good.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:17 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 pm Ah, I see. News to me.

But I still disagree Fortnite will have staying power in esport. Not because there's anything wrong with the game, but because the games that last in esport are the ones that are the most stimulating to watch. Fortnite doesn't have that element which CS, StarCraft, and the major MOBAs have.

Only my opinion, but I used to write for the CGS like a decade ago (Championship Gaming Series on DirecTV), so I like to think it's credible.

Anyway, I wish Fortnite best of luck. I got no actual problems with the game. It seems to require a bit more thought than playing CoD, Halo, etc, so that's good.
Nothing will ever top SC BW in my heart. I got hard core into that game for a long time and stayed up till 2am just to watch the pro scene in South Korea.

Fortnite looks interesting but no way my aged mind and hands would even attempt something like that.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:23 pm

I better pump up the Fortnite output in my household. I watch my 6 year old dominate every weekend, maybe its time to put the cleats and sneakers away. Time to replace those with some gaming gloves (do those exist?) or a plusher chair. E-Sports is apparently the next big thing. Which is not suprising.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:23 pm I better pump up the Fortnite output in my household. I watch my 6 year old dominate every weekend, maybe its time to put the cleats and sneakers away. Time to replace those with some gaming gloves (do those exist?) or a plusher chair. E-Sports is apparently the next big thing. Which is not suprising.
I’ve never seen gloves. But there are glasses that are supposed to help ease the fatigue on your eyes. There’s also extensions you can put on the thumb pads on your controller. They are supposed to increase accuracy.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Where were those in the days on Contra?! Up, Up, Down, Down, B, A Select, Start.I will stick with 6 year old cocaine AKA Mountain Dew, too.
Valhalla's Father

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm Where were those in the days on Contra?! Up, Up, Down, Down, B, A Select, Start.I will stick with 6 year old cocaine AKA Mountain Dew, too.
:clap:

Actually the kids these days take adderall to calm their nerves.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:23 pm I better pump up the Fortnite output in my household. I watch my 6 year old dominate every weekend, maybe its time to put the cleats and sneakers away. Time to replace those with some gaming gloves (do those exist?) or a plusher chair. E-Sports is apparently the next big thing. Which is not suprising.
Good CS:GO pros are making close to six figures a year now. :ewink:
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 pm Ah, I see. News to me.

But I still disagree Fortnite will have staying power in esport. Not because there's anything wrong with the game, but because the games that last in esport are the ones that are the most stimulating to watch. Seems to me Fortnite doesn't have that element which CS, StarCraft, and the major MOBAs have.
I don't see why Fortnite would be any less excited to watch than Starcraft or any other RTS where there are often long lulls between players engaging each other. At least Fortnite has enough players that even if some people are slow playing it there is always action somewhere on the map.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 pm I don't see why Fortnite would be any less excited to watch than Starcraft or any other RTS where there are often long lulls between players engaging each other.
Neither do I to be honest, but you and I aren't the demographic to ask. Koreans still prop up that spectator scene. I only included StarCraft in my statement because I had to in order to be accurate. :?

I do think I understand what makes CS and MOBAs stimulating to watch, though, and I don't see those elements in Fortnite. It's not just Fortnite; I don't know if any of the fad battle royale games popular lately have the right formula for e-sport longevity (e.g. PUBG).
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 am

Bot101 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 pm
Friction wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm Where were those in the days on Contra?! Up, Up, Down, Down, B, A Select, Start.I will stick with 6 year old cocaine AKA Mountain Dew, too.
:clap:

Actually the kids these days take adderall to calm their nerves.
Mmmm adderall. Legal meth.
Valhalla's Father