Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2018 Running Back Report

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:16 am

Vcize wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 am
xlur8ed wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am
btv802 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 am

Nah it's easier to just vaguely throw it out. People thought Clinton Portis was a little nuts as well but he also had six seasons of 1200-1500 yard production.
Few facts and few things we THINK we know about Guice:

1) He did in fact, say teams questioned his sexuality and mother
2) NFL did an investigation and found no basis or guilty parties for his claims
3) NFL would never ever lie or skew something that could tarnish the image of the juggernaut that is the NFL
4) Teams assumed he made it up, and question his charactor and honesty...well...as well as his ability to be a 'whistleblower' for the stuff that happens behind the scenes in the NFL
5) Guice had a fairly immature interview day(s) before the draft (I have yet to find this 'smoking gun')
6) Guice is 20 years old. How mature were you at 20? Is it inconceivable to assume fame, impending riches, and talent could have an impact on a 20 year old?

I won't make excuses for Guice, I don't know enough facts to judge the kid....nor do I believe anyone does. Any NFL team that isn't straight and narrow (that's most) likely doesn't want someone with a whistleblower mentality on their roster. Furthermore, maybe the kid is a box of rocks relating to his intelligence, and NFL teams worry he won't be able to grasp an NFL playbook (ala: CPatterson).

We know so little, yet allow ourselves to be impacted by this industry 'noise' to the point we completely forget about his talent as a running back. The film that shows him in his element is less considered, whereas the opinions and guesses of the media reign supreme?
7) Likes to play fortnite instead of smoking weed and beating women.

NOT NFL MATERIAL.
haha, gold.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm Fun fact: Penny’s favorite thing to do outside of football is also playing Fortnite
Off topic, but Fortnite is vastly overrated. I have no idea why it's so hyped. Halo and CoD MW2 will forever be the best.
more gold.

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:10 am

@DD - any thoughts on Hines? I was hoping to see him on your "Pass Catchers" list.
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

hesexpress
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby hesexpress » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Hate the kerryon analysis. Honestly reminds me a lot of the Leveon bell criticism as well, however i don't see their games lining up quite as much as some people. The guy was banged up to hell and back all season and threw up great numbers until he was seriously injured. I genuinely believe he will be a top 7-8 dynasty RB by the end of 2019

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

gopackgo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:10 am @DD - any thoughts on Hines? I was hoping to see him on your "Pass Catchers" list.
I would also be curious about any insight regarding Hines, although I have zero idea how your process works, hence I have no clue if this is a big ask or not.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm
gopackgo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:10 am @DD - any thoughts on Hines? I was hoping to see him on your "Pass Catchers" list.
I would also be curious about any insight regarding Hines, although I have zero idea how your process works, hence I have no clue if this is a big ask or not.
Hines doesn't qualify for any of the lists, haven't watched film of him either. Sorry that I can't help you guys out.

whaley88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby whaley88 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Reports of Wilkins running with the starters today.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm

whaley88 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:49 pm Reports of Wilkins running with the starters today.
Not overly surprising since Mack just had shoulder surgery.

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm
whaley88 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:49 pm Reports of Wilkins running with the starters today.
Not overly surprising since Mack just had shoulder surgery.
I also saw that Turbin was receiving 1st team reps in the back while they mentioned a possible split between him and Mack. How much of that is true, I'm not sure, but it does make you question that backfield completely. Maybe they're that high on Turbin again?
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 am

Turbin, Michael, and Wilkins have all gotten first-team reps at this point. I dunno if Hines has. I do know they've been putting him all over the formation, just haven't seen it explicitly stated that it was with the first-team.

During OTAs, it was only Turbin and Michael getting first-team reps, so far as I know. Minicamp is the first time I've seen Wilkins explicitly stated to get some. I don't know what this means, if anything.

My suspicion is that Indy's backfield will be a three-man platoon and no one's really gonna have fantasy value better than an RB3/4 unless there are injuries. Turbin and Michael may be competing for one roster spot.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 am

I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm. It's well-written and fun to read.

That said, I've been waiting to reply because I didn't want to be negative right away. I think you couldn't be more wrong on so many new players. You have Guice & Penny... and Foreman?... in the stud category. On average, 1 RB per year joins that stud list. I think Barkley is a shoe-in, and nobody else. Penny is laughable imo. Foreman might not even win the job from Lamar Miller.... which should tell you everything you need to know about Foreman.

Mixon not living up to expectations? He had one year of not being given enough carries. He finally gets a chance, and I think he'll make the most of it.

I could go on and on. I just disagree with so much. It's the single one that disagrees with my opinions the most.

I don't want you to take so poorly that you don't do this again in the future. Hence why I waited to reply so I could leave this buried on the 8th page.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 am

MEuRaH wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 am I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm. It's well-written and fun to read.

That said, I've been waiting to reply because I didn't want to be negative right away. I think you couldn't be more wrong on so many new players. You have Guice & Penny... and Foreman?... in the stud category. On average, 1 RB per year joins that stud list. I think Barkley is a shoe-in, and nobody else. Penny is laughable imo. Foreman might not even win the job from Lamar Miller.... which should tell you everything you need to know about Foreman.

Mixon not living up to expectations? He had one year of not being given enough carries. He finally gets a chance, and I think he'll make the most of it.

I could go on and on. I just disagree with so much. It's the single one that disagrees with my opinions the most.

I don't want you to take so poorly that you don't do this again in the future. Hence why I waited to reply so I could leave this buried on the 8th page.
Hmm we could go back and forth on each individual player and likely get nowhere. What I will say is this is a long-term idea. McFadden didn't get his 2nd 1,000 yard season until his 8th year in the league. Not everyone on the "stud" list will become an actual stud, but I thought that much was obvious. Foreman was doing exactly what I thought he'd do up until the point he got injured. You could point to that and decry victory but you don't see me pointing to Dalvin Cook's injury and thumping my chest. There will be guys like McFadden and Ryan Mathews who ultimately underwhelm, but the point is they will still likely give you a minimum of 2 1,000 yard seasons. You may not like Foreman or Penny but they profile as guys that will eventually hit that mark. One thing I've learned from doing this over the years is just because you don't like their tape doesn't mean they won't be successful in the NFL. Film and profile are two different things, and it'd be less than ideal in my opinion to ignore one or the other. You could have loved Abdullah's tape (I don't know about you specifically but many did) but his profile suggested he wouldn't be an NFL bellcow. You may hate Penny's tape but his profile suggests he'll be better than you think. It's ok to love a players film but realize they probably won't be that great in the NFL. Conversely it's ok to dislike a players film but acknowledge that they very well make for a good NFL RB.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 am

MEuRaH wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 am Mixon not living up to expectations? He had one year of not being given enough carries. He finally gets a chance, and I think he'll make the most of it.
Say what now? Mixon's 178 carries weren't the problem. His 3.5ypc with them were. On a team where Gio Bernard looked pretty dang good when Mixon got hurt and he got a crack at the lead back role down the stretch, no less.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 am

I will offer that Mixon's stats were decent down the stretch as well and on par with what Gio was doing. They both basically averaged 5 ypc. That whole team struggled early in the year.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 am It's ok to love a players film but realize they probably won't be that great in the NFL. Conversely it's ok to dislike a players film but acknowledge that they very well make for a good NFL RB.
Yeah, this stuff is a far cry from science, especially at RB. DD's stuff is another cool resource to add to the massive pile of fantasy analysis & advice out there, one I enjoy reading ever since I lamented my abysmal rookie RB drafting ability on these boards.

And just like any resource on art-not-science stuff, you may or may not agree with it.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -