General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2018 Running Back Report

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 am

btv802 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 am
MEuRaH wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 am -- Guice I think will do just fine, but his mental health scares me.
would love for ANYONE EVER to expand on this
Nah it's easier to just vaguely throw it out. People thought Clinton Portis was a little nuts as well but he also had six seasons of 1200-1500 yard production.

Ill expand on it. The notion that Guice has mental instability stems from his comments that he was asked if he likes men, then later switched agents and completely retracted his statement. He was suddenly unclear which team asked him that.

I personally dont buy this notion whatsoever. I think he was asked if he likes men and how he felt about his mom being a prostitute. And I believe he lashed out at whatever teams asked him those questions leading to teams to drop him significantly down their boards.

Im sorry, I dont buy for one split second that scouts and GMs legitimately believe Guice is the 7th best RB in this class. But why deal with Guice's immaturity when you can get 80% of Guice and no headaches with a lesser RB? The guy still is only 20 years old. Can anyone think back to when they were 20 and the stupid things they said and did? Theres already been numerous people who know Guice very well that have come out and said he is a really good kid and a very hard worker. Gruden made comments that Guice was the first one in the meeting with his playbook already open and referred to Guice as "a ball of energy". This kid is going to be motivated beyond belief to show that he was wronged.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 am

xlur8ed wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am

Nah it's easier to just vaguely throw it out. People thought Clinton Portis was a little nuts as well but he also had six seasons of 1200-1500 yard production.
Few facts and few things we THINK we know about Guice:

1) He did in fact, say teams questioned his sexuality and mother
2) NFL did an investigation and found no basis or guilty parties for his claims
3) NFL would never ever lie or skew something that could tarnish the image of the juggernaut that is the NFL
4) Teams assumed he made it up, and question his charactor and honesty...well...as well as his ability to be a 'whistleblower' for the stuff that happens behind the scenes in the NFL
5) Guice had a fairly immature interview day(s) before the draft (I have yet to find this 'smoking gun')
6) Guice is 20 years old. How mature were you at 20? Is it inconceivable to assume fame, impending riches, and talent could have an impact on a 20 year old?

I won't make excuses for Guice, I don't know enough facts to judge the kid....nor do I believe anyone does. Any NFL team that isn't straight and narrow (that's most) likely doesn't want someone with a whistleblower mentality on their roster. Furthermore, maybe the kid is a box of rocks relating to his intelligence, and NFL teams worry he won't be able to grasp an NFL playbook (ala: CPatterson).

We know so little, yet allow ourselves to be impacted by this industry 'noise' to the point we completely forget about his talent as a running back. The film that shows him in his element is less considered, whereas the opinions and guesses of the media reign supreme?
You expanded on it better than I did. Hes a good kid that made a minor mistake that turned into a wildfire.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am

xlur8ed wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am We know so little, yet allow ourselves to be impacted by this industry 'noise' to the point we completely forget about his talent as a running back. The film that shows him in his element is less considered, whereas the opinions and guesses of the media reign supreme?
I don't think people forgot about his talent he's still regularly going 1.02 in rookie drafts...but there are a lot of people that are questioning why he isn't falling further like Dalvin Cook last year. My outside the box opinion, I think that has a lot to do with the fact that four skill position players went top 10 last year and people just felt more strongly about Davis, Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Williams, Ross etc as legit alternatives to Dalvin. It doesn't seem that people feel the same way about Moore, Ridley, Penny, Michel, Chubb, Jones, Royce etc...
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 am

btv802 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am
xlur8ed wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am We know so little, yet allow ourselves to be impacted by this industry 'noise' to the point we completely forget about his talent as a running back. The film that shows him in his element is less considered, whereas the opinions and guesses of the media reign supreme?
I don't think people forgot about his talent he's still regularly going 1.02 in rookie drafts...but there are a lot of people that are questioning why he isn't falling further like Dalvin Cook last year. My outside the box opinion, I think that has a lot to do with the fact that four skill position players went top 10 last year and people just felt more strongly about Davis, Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Williams, Ross etc as legit alternatives to Dalvin. It doesn't seem that people feel the same way about Moore, Ridley, Penny, Michel, Chubb, Jones, Royce etc...
My response was to those that continue to put 'mental health' comments out there for people to see. My post was strictly to lay out the facts (or lack thereof) to level the playing field. If people had Guice as the 2nd best back in this class pre-draft, I do not believe anything has come out that should have any impact on that feeling, yet it has over and over and over. If anything, I feel the 'noise' has made me like Guice more, as he lives daily with the fact of what happened in the draft and he watched inferior players go ahead of him. If he is half as passionate about the game as reports state, he will do great things in the NFL. I can't wait to draft him.
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 am

xlur8ed wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 am My response was to those that continue to put 'mental health' comments out there for people to see. My post was strictly to lay out the facts (or lack thereof) to level the playing field. If people had Guice as the 2nd best back in this class pre-draft, I do not believe anything has come out that should have any impact on that feeling, yet it has over and over and over. If anything, I feel the 'noise' has made me like Guice more, as he lives daily with the fact of what happened in the draft and he watched inferior players go ahead of him. If he is half as passionate about the game as reports state, he will do great things in the NFL. I can't wait to draft him.
I def appreciate your comments and agree with a lot of what you said. Good stuff.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 am

xlur8ed wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am

Few facts and few things we THINK we know about Guice:

1) He did in fact, say teams questioned his sexuality and mother
2) NFL did an investigation and found no basis or guilty parties for his claims
3) NFL would never ever lie or skew something that could tarnish the image of the juggernaut that is the NFL
4) Teams assumed he made it up, and question his charactor and honesty...well...as well as his ability to be a 'whistleblower' for the stuff that happens behind the scenes in the NFL
5) Guice had a fairly immature interview day(s) before the draft (I have yet to find this 'smoking gun')
6) Guice is 20 years old. How mature were you at 20? Is it inconceivable to assume fame, impending riches, and talent could have an impact on a 20 year old?

I won't make excuses for Guice, I don't know enough facts to judge the kid....nor do I believe anyone does. Any NFL team that isn't straight and narrow (that's most) likely doesn't want someone with a whistleblower mentality on their roster. Furthermore, maybe the kid is a box of rocks relating to his intelligence, and NFL teams worry he won't be able to grasp an NFL playbook (ala: CPatterson).

We know so little, yet allow ourselves to be impacted by this industry 'noise' to the point we completely forget about his talent as a running back. The film that shows him in his element is less considered, whereas the opinions and guesses of the media reign supreme?
7) Likes to play fortnite instead of smoking weed and beating women.

NOT NFL MATERIAL.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 pm

btv802 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 am
xlur8ed wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 am My response was to those that continue to put 'mental health' comments out there for people to see. My post was strictly to lay out the facts (or lack thereof) to level the playing field. If people had Guice as the 2nd best back in this class pre-draft, I do not believe anything has come out that should have any impact on that feeling, yet it has over and over and over. If anything, I feel the 'noise' has made me like Guice more, as he lives daily with the fact of what happened in the draft and he watched inferior players go ahead of him. If he is half as passionate about the game as reports state, he will do great things in the NFL. I can't wait to draft him.
I def appreciate your comments and agree with a lot of what you said. Good stuff.
X a million. I sold Hyde and Alshon to buy the 1.02 this year with the full intention of drafting him and I still plan to do so. I'm also not at all sold that we'll actually see Penny get 3 downs of work in the NFL. Just because the coaches said they "think he's a 3 down player" is meaningless. Dude caught one more ball last year than Guice did and everyone is knocking on his theoretical receiving chops.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Fun fact: Penny’s favorite thing to do outside of football is also playing Fortnite

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm Fun fact: Penny’s favorite thing to do outside of football is also playing Fortnite
Off topic, but Fortnite is vastly overrated. I have no idea why it's so hyped. Halo and CoD MW2 will forever be the best.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm Fun fact: Penny’s favorite thing to do outside of football is also playing Fortnite
Off topic, but Fortnite is vastly overrated. I have no idea why it's so hyped. Halo and CoD MW2 will forever be the best.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Never. The best will always be N64 GoldenEye haha.

Anyways, back on topic. Does anyone know where you can find the running schemes of various teams? it was brought up in a different thread about Rojo, so I got curious and tried to google it to no avail. I remember reading in an article somewhere that outside zone schemes usually result in the best production from rookie RBs in year one, so I was wondering if any rookies landed in a outside zone scheme other than Shurmur/Barkley? Anyone have any info on this

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed May 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm
Hahahaha :clap:
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 pm
Never. The best will always be N64 GoldenEye haha.

Anyways, back on topic. blah blah blah
Back off topic. Have you gone back and played GoldenEye in the last few years? It was my favorite game of my childhood but man it does NOT hold up.

I can't believe we used to play shooters with one analog stick.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:45 pm

I think they actually play together.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed May 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pmBack off topic. Have you gone back and played GoldenEye in the last few years? It was my favorite game of my childhood but man it does NOT hold up.

I can't believe we used to play shooters with one analog stick.
...me and my buddies did this a year or so ago.
You are right - it really does not age well.
We also gave Perfect Dark a go, and while it aged better - the control system just is not favourable.

Makes me want to go back and play Counterstrike (the original) but I am afraid of ruining that too.