2018 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2018 Running Back Report

Postby AussieMate » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 am

I'm pretty sure there is no "score" you just need to pass the threshold in each category.... Passing a category by more doesn't = more talented or more likely.
Correct me if I'm wrong DD

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 am

I just want to applaud my man DD. He takes a lot of time out of the off-season to compile his report, free of charge. Sure it's not perfect, but in fantasy what is? It's the definition of inexact science. In the end it comes down to 'only time will tell'.

I play in a league with DD and everyone pokes fun at him for calling Kerryon Johnson a turd sandwich. You wanna know how he has responded? With class. He has admitted that KJ has looked pretty good in a limited sample size. But he is also still defends his formula, which not many of us would take the time to even try to develop and give it a shot.

On the flip side his willingness to put his neck out there should garner some criticism. I mean what's the point if we all agree and everything is wrapped up in a neat little bow?

I guess what I'm getting at is we have a great community here and a lot of you go that extra mile to come up with content other than 'What do you think of player X?' type takes. I'm usually not one of them as I'm much more gut-call(or whiskey fueled) opinion than cerebral or analytic based, and I'm thankful for the Valhallas and DD's of the world to get us thinking.

So let's not devolve into reddit where every other post is a dig or a joke and have honest discussion on how we can all improve our fake football teams to the max and dominate strangers on the interwebs for minuscule amounts money compared to the time we put into it, lol.

P.S. I hate RBs

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:57 am

this ^^^ he puts it out there , I have been outspoken about his coyness of his formula but he goes on the record and doesn't waffle week to week like so many "experts" on various podcasts and websites .

who needs advice from people who waffle so badly ..... one week a guy is an rb one 2 weeks later he is waiver wire fodder - hell even redrafters w/ adhd are not as reactionary as some alleged dynasty experts with big reputations .
ROCK ON DD !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:10 am

pokerface40 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 am
I play in a league with DD and everyone pokes fun at him for calling Kerryon Johnson a turd sandwich.
And if I recall correctly I did set a goal for Turd Sandwich in which I will stop calling him that if he hits it. :lol:

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:25 am

You get the sense some posters want Penny and RoJo to fail, just so they can come back here and throw bricks. Even if we're not even five weeks in.

Posters that plant their flags, and especially those who go to the effort to model and/or scout in depth are the ones that add the most value around here.

May the one with the perfect fantasy drafting and trading record be the first to throw stones etc etc
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:26 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:10 am
I play in a league with DD and everyone pokes fun at him for calling Kerryon Johnson a turd sandwich.
And if I recall correctly I did set a goal for Turd Sandwich in which I will stop calling him that if he hits it. :lol:
Turd sandwiches could catch on in Detroit. They seemed to be a big hit in Philadelphia.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:34 am

With slow starts from Henry, Foreman and Penny, it kind of got me interested to see how that stacks up historically. Going through the list to see if a slow start is good news, bad news, or no news;

1st year with 1k yard rushing season;
LT - 1st year
Steven Jackson - 2nd year
MJD - 4th year
Lynch - 1st year
AP - 1st year
Ray Rice - 2nd year
Jamaal Charles - 2nd year
Forte - 1st year
CJ2k - 1st year
McFadden - 3rd year
Ryan Mathews - 2nd year
Murray - 3rd year
Bell - 2nd year
DJ - 2nd year
Zeke - 1st year
Fournette - 1st year

eidt: (Gore, Foster, McCoy all 2nd year as well, Gurley year 1)

Since Henry is a hot topic and biggest sample size, we'll focus on him. This will be Henry's 3rd season, his first 2 failing to hit the 1k yard mark. While most of these players get a 1k yard rushing season within their first 2 years, getting it in year 3 or even year 4 is not unheard of.

As a side note, Fournette has been getting some grief for his injury concerns, however the players who break out their 1st year on this list have a pretty good track record.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:56 am

I'd be more interested if you said you'd *eat* a turn sandwich if be "hits".

Edit- not certain if it's clear how much this was supposed to be a funny.
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:11 am

pokerface40 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 am(1) He has admitted that KJ has looked pretty good in a limited sample size. But he is also still defends his formula, which not many of us would take the time to even try to develop and give it a shot.

(2) On the flip side his willingness to put his neck out there should garner some criticism. I mean what's the point if we all agree and everything is wrapped up in a neat little bow?
(1) Maybe he shouldn't defend it if it's that far off. Maybe he should adjust it.

(2) This times 1,000. I love putting my neck out there. Remember my CJ Anderson will be RB#1 post? I still think he could have been if he didn't hurt his groin week 1, but I took a LOT of flack for it, deservedly so. It's fun to take risks. Look at the guy who started a topic on Phillip Lindsay last December. He was dead on!

DD deserves credit for making this thread just so we have it. It's fun to revisit and creates conversation. It's also making me look like a F*&KING genius because I'm literally batting 1.000 so far, even calling Wilkins a better RB to start the year than RoJo & Penny, telling people to draft him in the 3rd & 4th so you can trade him for future picks when he gets the starting job. I mean, come on, I'm killing it. Didn't even need a formula to call that one. If DD didn't create this thread, nobody would see my genius.

........ There I go again, looking like a ******. I just can't help myself.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:56 am
I'd be more interested if you said you'd *eat* a turn sandwich if be "hits".
You got a deal. I will eat a turn sandwich if he hits.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:50 am

It amazes me how much people consistently criticize what DD has done here.
It is almost like reading comprehension is not the greatest around these parts - who knew?

JSylvester87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JSylvester87 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:05 am

I appreciate the write up, and I got crap for people in my league for my huge support of Kerryon Johnson and my hate of rojo and penny. I took Kerryon at #10 by trading up and would of drafted him at 1.2 if I had that pick and unable to trade back. I think Penny will be a bust and watched every single Kerryon game in college being an Auburn fan. Meanwhile last year I drafted Kizer thinking he would become something and he was the epitome of a "Turd Sandwich" (luckily took Mahomes in the top 10).
Last edited by JSylvester87 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Eagle - 16 Team, going into year 9

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR, 1K, 1D
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Dwayne Haskins, Mason Rudolph
RB: Le’Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Tony Pollard, Malcolm Brown
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Michael Gallup, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Callaway
TE: Mark Andrews, Eric Ebron, Tyler Higbee
K: Will Lutz
D: Bears D
Champion 2012, 2013 , 2014 runner up, 2019 runner up.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:25 am

Dookmariot wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:25 am May the one with the perfect fantasy drafting and trading record be the first to throw stones etc etc
If I'm 0-10, can I throw a stone? That's a "perfect" score.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am

Is Philip Lindsay a one hit wonder?
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:50 am

I bet Dionysus is just mad at DD considering he's a Penny owner.