2018 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018 Running Back Report

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:25 am
Dookmariot wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:25 am May the one with the perfect fantasy drafting and trading record be the first to throw stones etc etc
If I'm 0-10, can I throw a stone? That's a "perfect" score.

That's truly remarkable after week 4. Rules don't apply to such magic.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:00 pm Guice >>> KJ. Sorry Johnson riders. Need more than limited touches to change my opinion. Lamar Miller looked amazing with limited touches. And as a workhorse he couldnt handle it. Give KJ workhorse touches and he will fall apart quicker than most.
You can only hope that Guice performs as well as Kerryon currently is, when he comes back from a torn ACL. The here and now is better than the "what if". Kerryon's playing lights out and his opportunity will rise. If you're going to argue Lamar Miller shenanigans, you can argue the same damn thing with Guice. That is really trying to narrate and derail what Kerryon is doing while holding on to your hope for what guice 'could be'. Keep living in LaLa land...
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:20 pm

I gotta say, as a whole I think this RB class is even better than last years and we already lost Guice. I think when it's all said and done, there will be more, and better long term RB's from this class than 2017.
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:00 pmGuice >>> KJ. Sorry Johnson riders. Need more than limited touches to change my opinion. Lamar Miller looked amazing with limited touches. And as a workhorse he couldnt handle it. Give KJ workhorse touches and he will fall apart quicker than most.
Translation: "What has KJ done besides shown he can carry the ball well? The fact that he's only dominating half-games with 10 touches proves that he can't carry the whole load. Guice, on the other hand, is a huge question mark and hasn't shown a thing. He has a huge injury to come back from as well. Guice was drafted 59th overall. KJ was 43rd. That shows how much more better Guice is. Suck it, losers!"
gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:20 pmI gotta say, as a whole I think this RB class is even better than last years and we already lost Guice. I think when it's all said and done, there will be more, and better long term RB's from this class than 2017.
I dunno. 2017 has Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Cook, Hunt, Kamara. All 6 are still in the running for great long term investments. 2018, so far, has shown 3 RBs who could be capable in Barkley, KJ, and Michel. All else = still questionable.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:44 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 am
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:00 pmGuice >>> KJ. Sorry Johnson riders. Need more than limited touches to change my opinion. Lamar Miller looked amazing with limited touches. And as a workhorse he couldnt handle it. Give KJ workhorse touches and he will fall apart quicker than most.
Translation: "What has KJ done besides shown he can carry the ball well? The fact that he's only dominating half-games with 10 touches proves that he can't carry the whole load. Guice, on the other hand, is a huge question mark and hasn't shown a thing. He has a huge injury to come back from as well. Guice was drafted 59th overall. KJ was 43rd. That shows how much more better Guice is. Suck it, losers!"
gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:20 pmI gotta say, as a whole I think this RB class is even better than last years and we already lost Guice. I think when it's all said and done, there will be more, and better long term RB's from this class than 2017.
I dunno. 2017 has Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Cook, Hunt, Kamara. All 6 are still in the running for great long term investments. 2018, so far, has shown 3 RBs who could be capable in Barkley, KJ, and Michel. All else = still questionable.
Came to post just this. Anything is possible I suppose, but that seems like a pretty tall order.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 am I dunno. 2017 has Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Cook, Hunt, Kamara. All 6 are still in the running for great long term investments. 2018, so far, has shown 3 RBs who could be capable in Barkley, KJ, and Michel. All else = still questionable.
As I look into my crystal ball, this is my long term outlook in fantasy production (below). It probably won't show up much in 2018, but this is my straight talent/situation perspective.

Barkley = Kamara
CMC = Michel (Michel hasn't started catching the ball yet, but once he does, he can be greater than CMC)
Guice = Mixon (Think Guice has a higher ceiling and isn't a chuckle head)
Fournette <= Chubb (I think Fournette and Chubb are equally gifted bruisers physically, but I think Chubb is better as a runner and his opp will come in time. Fournette also doesn't seem to stay healthy)
Cook = Kerryon (haven't seen enough of Cook healthy to say otherwise, Kerryon has looked great in limited work)
Hunt >= Royce (Hunt is getting more opportunity, but I think Royce is more talented and this can easily switch)
Conner > Rojo
Hines >= Cohen

Penny is a bust. Its actually just insane when you consider how may RB's have come out of the two classes and been productive.

Year 9 of my league

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 am
MEuRaH wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 am I dunno. 2017 has Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Cook, Hunt, Kamara. All 6 are still in the running for great long term investments. 2018, so far, has shown 3 RBs who could be capable in Barkley, KJ, and Michel. All else = still questionable.
As I look into my crystal ball, this is my long term outlook in fantasy production (below). It probably won't show up much in 2018, but this is my straight talent/situation perspective.

Barkley = Kamara
CMC = Michel (Michel hasn't started catching the ball yet, but once he does, he can be greater than CMC)
Fournette <= Chubb (I think Fournette and Chubb are equally gifted bruisers physically, but I think Chubb is better as a runner and his opp will come in time. Fournette also doesn't seem to stay healthy)
Cook = Kerryon (haven't seen enough of Cook healthy to say otherwise, Kerryon has looked great in limited work)
Hunt >= Royce (Hunt is getting more opportunity, but I think Royce is more talented and this can easily switch)
Conner > Rojo
Hines >= Cohen

Penny is a bust. Its actually just insane when you consider how may RB's have come out of the two classes and been productive.
I love your willingness to stick your neck out with these predictions. And I love speculating. It’s what makes this game so fun. But man, that’s some real speculation 4 games in. As a Kerryon and Michel owner I hope you are right but there is no way I’d put those two on the level of Cook and cmc yet. I mean I hope so someday but ehhhhh. I’ll be absolutely astonished if Michel is ever on the same level as cmc. I think I only agree with Barkley and Kamara and Connor better than Rojo. The others I won’t strongly argue but just disagree with.

I still enjoyed your post and bold predictions. It’s what makes this fun.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 am

Barkley = Kamara
Conner > Rojo
Hines >= Cohen

I love your willingness to stick your neck out with these predictions. And I love speculating. It’s what makes this game so fun. But man, that’s some real speculation 4 games in. As a Kerryon and Michel owner I hope you are right but there is no way I’d put those two on the level of Cook and cmc yet. I mean I hope so someday but ehhhhh. I’ll be absolutely astonished if Michel is ever on the same level as cmc. I think I only agree with Barkley and Kamara and Connor better than Rojo. The others I won’t strongly argue but just disagree with.

I still enjoyed your post and bold predictions. It’s what makes this fun.
I agree with regards Michel/CMC, but why not compare Kerryon to Cook? They have the same number of 100 yard games and Cook has as many bad games as he has good ones at this point and he doesn't have many of either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:00 pm Guice >>> KJ. Sorry Johnson riders. Need more than limited touches to change my opinion. Lamar Miller looked amazing with limited touches. And as a workhorse he couldnt handle it. Give KJ workhorse touches and he will fall apart quicker than most.
You can only hope that Guice performs as well as Kerryon currently is, when he comes back from a torn ACL. The here and now is better than the "what if". Kerryon's playing lights out and his opportunity will rise. If you're going to argue Lamar Miller shenanigans, you can argue the same damn thing with Guice. That is really trying to narrate and derail what Kerryon is doing while holding on to your hope for what guice 'could be'. Keep living in LaLa land...
Im pretty sure Guice would be doing quite a bit better than what KJ is currently doing. Why do I think that? I see what a washed up AP is doing and I can imagine Guice would be doing similar if not better. Probably better. He turned every head from teammates to coaches to beat writers. He went into Washington and elevated the play of the other RBs and they werent even close to his talent. He suffered a partial tear in pre season. He will be 100% by the next seasons OTAs. I live in reality. And in reality you take a lesser talent and sell high for a better talent. And if I owned Johnson thats exactly what I would be doing. Maybe even try and get a little + on top of Guice.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 am

Blount poaching two gimmes from KJ today already.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Hunt with 100 and a score against the best D in the league. This guy has such a high floor week in and week out.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Man I’ve always built around WRs for my teams but with 2017 and 2018 draft classes it sure is exciting.

I can see this class being pretty similar to last years. Not only is Barkley/Kerryon/Michel looking like they will have a bright future we still are waiting on Penny/Chubb/RoJo/Freeman and don’t forget Guice.

Will they all hit? Absolutely not but jeez that’s a lot of talent whether or not you like a certain player. I personally hated Kerryon coming out but he looks the part. Also not a Freeman fan but I am a RoJo guy so there’s that...

I think there’s a good possibility this class matches 2017 when it’s all said and done.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:06 pm

There seems to be an interesting dichotomy at play, where in one short paragraph you write one player off for injuries that have not yet occurred, and proclaim another player (who is already seriously injured) is three times greater.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:06 pm
There seems to be an interesting dichotomy at play, where in one short paragraph you write one player off for injuries that have not yet occurred, and proclaim another player (who is already seriously injured) is three times greater.
100% agree ...Kamara wasn’t built to handle a heavy workload but seemed to do ok in weeks 1-4.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:06 pm
My greater than was referring to talent. Any RB will look better than they actually are on limited touches. I like Johnson as a player. But this notion that he’s better or worth more than Guice after 4 weeks of limited touches is utterly ridiculous in a dynasty setting. I’m not writing anyone off, but people need to just knock it off. It’s so annoying how immediately players value sky rockets or plummets based off minimal sample size. Months of research are thrown out the window for the shiny toy you can see now. Kerryon at 1.02 is stupid. Ridley has now demonstrated he was the WR in this class to get! More like get lost. Have some patience and let’s see what happens over a season and maybe even 2 and let’s revisite the conversation. I’ll be happy to say I was wrong if time proves it.

I have my opinions on Guice and his knee that was the same one that was injured last year. You’re welcome to look through my post history if you care to find it.