Team RB
37%

Total votes: 62

Goldenarchitect
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Team RB or Team WR

Postby Goldenarchitect » Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 am

I voted RB simply because I am very thin at RB and have felt the effects of not having the necessary depth at that position. I have been the runner-up 2 years in a row, even though I was the highest scoring team (by far) over the season. I feel adding stud WRs and receiver depth, in general, is easier to do these days. Given the choice, I think I'd try to build around stud RB(s) rather than stud WR.
Team 1-Dynasty Contract League (Salary/Years)-2019 Salary Cap is $360
12 Team/24 man rosters/.5 PPR
Start: QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex(WRT)/K/DST

QB: C. Wentz ($13/4), M. Trubisky ($1/1)
RB: D.Johnson ($46/3), E. Elliott ($46/4), D. Harris ($7/3), A. Mattison ($4/3), R. Armstead ($4/3), J. White ($3/2), TJ Yeldon ($1/2)
WR: M. Evans ($60/4), D. Hopkins ($46/3), D. Adams ($41/4), C. Kupp ($10/5), H. Butler ($10/3), DJ Chark ($8/2), JJ Arcega-Whiteside ($7/3), Miles Boykin ($6/3), J. Edelman ($4/1), E. St. Brown ($3/2), J. Reynolds ($3/1), G. Allison ($1/3)
TE: E. Engram ($12/3)

Team 2-Deep Keeper League-Keep 12 players year to year
12 Team/24 man rosters/.5 PPR
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex(WRT)/K/DST

QB: P. Mahomes, C. Wentz, L. Jackson, K. Cousins
RB: N. Chubb, C. Carson, A. Peterson, J. Williams, T. Montgomery, M. Davis, J. Jackson
WR: J. Jones, O. Beckham Jr., K. Allen, C. Kupp, T. Lockett, M. Valdes-Scantling, T. Williams, E. St. Brown
TE: Z. Ertz, D. Goedert

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Mon May 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Looking at the graph i posted on the 1st page, also note the difference between top RB/WRs and the RB/WR12. There's a bigger difference between RB1 and RB12 than WR1 and WR12. So while WR3 is better than RB3, it doesn't hurt you as much to have a WR5 or 12 compared to missing out on the elite RBs and having a RB12. Just something to take into account. It's the reason why I'm team RB.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 pm

I have said it before and will say it again - one position does not win you championships, neither WR or RB.
Studs (regardless of position) do.

For example - I won a championship one league last year with DeMarco Murray & Frank Gore as my starting running backs.
I had studs outsdie of RB.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 am

Yep. I've said it dozens and dozens of times here over the years. Balance is what your after. Building around wr seems to give more time / opportunity to achieve good team building balance. I won a league championship with Gore, A. Kamara, and A.Collins as my main starting rb as well. (Keep in mind where Kamara was likely drafted last year) So, on that team, I was / am deep with studs at wr,te, and qb. I won another championship last year with Collins, K.Drake, M.Gordon as my starting Rb. So, the point is, you don't have to invest a lot of capital in the position to win. Basically, As it pertains to Rb vs Wr, It really all depends on your general team make up. Typically speaking, wr have longer careers and a bit of a learning curve before they peak. There are more fantasy viable wr in the NFL and the game's rule changes have favored wr play. But, elite wr are rare and they are just as rare as "elite" rb and the thing here is this, typically, wr will last longer in that role. Rb have a shorter / quicker path and there are far fewer of them that are considered "bell cow / 3 down rb's". The abuse many running backs take would logically make it more likely that they are more susceptible to injury and or a shorter NFL career. So, with some of that in mind, or at least considered, I like to build around blue collar wr talent, then add to the balance of the team by addressing TE, Qb, then and only then do I worry about rb. After I have a solid wr corp, young upside TE or older safe top 5 vet TE, and or Qb, in place - I then look to move up in drafts or add running backs through trad or FA market adds. I think most would be surprised that championships can be won and are won each and every year with running backs most of us would agree are either "not elite talents" or are toward the end of their NFL careers & CHEAP.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 am

ebsteelers wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 am also whats important is number of rb 1 or wr 1 weeks in a season. some times receivers tend to have a 10 -200 -2 tds, but also a 1 for 15.. rbs typically seem to be more stable on a week to week basis
This is an important point. We play a weekly game, not a seasonal one. I never liked evaluating guys on seasonal totals. We as a community really should place more emphasis on number of weeks scoring at least x points rather than end-season totals.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 am

In my dynasty leagues, I've seen the good and bad of not having good RBs. In my 2QB league, I've been struggling, trying to find pieces left and right to plug holes instead of having Gordon or Gurley or Bell, etc. It sucks not having consistency.

But in my Superflex league, to prevent me from learning any lesson, I won the 2017 championship anchored by big weeks from Rex Burkhead and Theo Riddick.

Redraft, my league went so heavy at RB in the first 3 rounds, I was lucky to draft Fournette and Ingram (people were probably more down on Ingram after AP signed) but had 0 depth after. I drafted Kamara with my last pick and dropped him before the season :sick: :sick: If I would have kept him, there's no doubt in my mind that I could have won it all (finished 4th).

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked WR more and that's probably why my 2 main leagues have been thin at the position but I do think we're seeing a shift where top cow RBs are really, really valuable.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am

Where's team K?

There are literally DOZENS of kickers who have put up more career points than Jerry Rice (the league's most prolific non-kicker in points scored).

:D

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 am

Man.... I hate having Kickers in fantasy. Just hate it. Not a big fan of defenses either. Anyway, Running back position is shorter lived, more volatile, more contingent on opportunity with fewer 3 down back positions open, Offensive scheme, O-line, blocking scheme, game script, Qb yrs of experience, etc. And, simply put, putting your eggs in that basket brings risk and or reward. It should (IMO) be the last piece you add to your puzzle. It helps to look at 1-3 year window for Rb and 2-5 year window for Wr when looking at talent and situation.

Not to mention, domestic abuse allegations, NFL drug policy infractions, and freak on or off the field injuries that can take a highly invested in player not available to your roster. Investing heavily in the rb position with a premium pick should be the last piece of a puzzle.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 am

JFever wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 am ... Investing heavily in the rb position with a premium pick should be the last piece of a puzzle.
Agreed. Well after kicker and team D.
Glad we're in agreement here.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am

Argh... good one Val. I don't even think about kicker and team D really. Too much volatility. To be clear (its hard to send out sarcasm with the written or typed form of communication), After a solid wr corp, productive top 5 ish TE, stable weekly starter, and top 3rd of the league in fantasy production Qb are in place, I'd suggest then, investing in a way to add rb production. That could be via trade or draft.

Well after the rb position is addressed, I'd look at bye weeks, strength of schedule etc to help me figure out Team Defenses, and or Kickers.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 am

JFever wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am Argh... good one Val. I don't even think about kicker and team D really. Too much volatility. To be clear (its hard to send out sarcasm with the written or typed form of communication), After a solid wr corp, productive top 5 ish TE, stable weekly starter, and top 3rd of the league in fantasy production Qb are in place, I'd suggest then, investing in a way to add rb production. That could be via trade or draft.

Well after the rb position is addressed, I'd look at bye weeks, strength of schedule etc to help me figure out Team Defenses, and or Kickers.
I knew what you meant. Just joking around. I don't like kickers or team defense either.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue May 15, 2018 5:07 pm

There is no doubt that having a serious seasonal heavy hitter at the RB position is the easiest way to win a championship. I’m talking Faulk, Alexander, LT, LJohnson, Westbrook, AP, Zeke, LeVeon, DJ type crazy production. Problem is that only a couple teams can have that in any given season. So I lean toward locking in the WR/TE and then throwing darts at RB’s until you hit one for a year or two...and I don’t even play PPR.

Just as importantly, know your league tendencies. For obvious NonPPR reasons my league holds RB’s in crazy high regard like it’s still the 1990’s. I saw that WR was half the price of RBs (again, I know this isn’t the case in most of your PPR leagues) so I built a team of studly wideouts and was blessed with The Gronk. Just in the last 5 years I stumbled across Demarco pretty cheap a year before his 2014 mega season, a basically free 18 TD Blount in 2016 and Kamara last year with little draft capital. Use those RBs and the move on. I cashed in a few championships. Now I know I’ve been lucky recently and I may go a handful of seasons before striking gold again but my WR group will be there keeping me afloat just in case I do hit again.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:07 am

Young stud running back's win championships. Who were the league winners last year? Todd Gurley, Kamara, Hunt. Build around young bell cow rb's with a lot of depth at wr
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:38 am

Look at the balance of my roster in sig and you'll know which team I'm on when I play dynasty.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Since one of my league mates calls me a running back whore, I guess I'd be Team RB.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7