2019 NFL Draft Class

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Class

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 pm

bsp27 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:02 pm To me, Bryan Edwards is clearly the WR1 for 2019. Broke out as a 17 YEAR OLD FRESHMAN. That is insane. 6'3'' 216 with good speed, great route running, good in contested catch situations and great after the catch. He seems to be the most complete receiver.
He looks good. I'd like to see him really take it up a notch this year, and improve he YPR. Thought he'd do more after Deebo went down, but two solid seasons so far. He needs to break out in a big way this year. Looks the part, has some nice moves in the open field for a guy his size.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TradeBack
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TradeBack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:00 pm

One thing we need to take into account with the RBs is the lack of opportunity that we’ve seen in recent years. I only see about 4 teams that will have immediate work available:

Oakland: Lynch and Martin are FAs and are just plain old.
Philly: They will be hurting for $ and probably can’t pay Ajayi. Sproles HAS to retire soon lol. Depends on how you feel about Clement.
Buffalo: Shady will be 30 and I believe is only about 2.6m against the cap if he’s cut.
Indy: If Marlon, Hines and/or Wilkins work out, they may just remain content.
Pitt: Depends on Bell
Arizona: Depends on DJ

A few of these are merely conditional, plus there is going to be some really good RB talent in free agency. If I take a RB in ‘19, I’m not anticipating him being a league winner anytime soon.

Wide receiver is the complete opposite. There are currently about 10 WR1s that will start the season at age 29 or higher. Even if you ignore Julio and DT/Sanders due to Ridley and Sutton, there are going to be plenty of targets up for grabs over the next couple of seasons. Even if this next class doesn’t have the Julio/AJ Green types, they just need to be good enough to be drafted early and command targets and they will be a viable option for your fantasy team.

Personally, I am in a rebuild and am loading up on 2019 1sts and plan on taking 4ish WRs in the first.
Currently in 3 dynasty leagues. Have the IDP itch.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 pm

TradeBack wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:00 pm One thing we need to take into account with the RBs is the lack of opportunity that we’ve seen in recent years. I only see about 4 teams that will have immediate work available:

Philly: They will be hurting for $ and probably can’t pay Ajayi. Sproles HAS to retire soon lol. Depends on how you feel about Clement.
Buffalo: Shady will be 30 and I believe is only about 2.6m against the cap if he’s cut.

A few of these are merely conditional, plus there is going to be some really good RB talent in free agency. If I take a RB in ‘19, I’m not anticipating him being a league winner anytime soon.

Wide receiver is the complete opposite. There are currently about 10 WR1s that will start the season at age 29 or higher. Even if you ignore Julio and DT/Sanders due to Ridley and Sutton, there are going to be plenty of targets up for grabs over the next couple of seasons. Even if this next class doesn’t have the Julio/AJ Green types, they just need to be good enough to be drafted early and command targets and they will be a viable option for your fantasy team.

Personally, I am in a rebuild and am loading up on 2019 1sts and plan on taking 4ish WRs in the first.
If guys like Rojo fail, for example, or even succeed, don't believe they won't have competition. Gio Bernard was a top 5 dynasty back on the DLF ranking after his rookie year, and the Bengals go out and draft Jeremy Hill in the 2nd round. Hill then became a league winner his first year. Where is he now? Beyond the very elite in the RB field, things change quickly in the RB world. There will be more than 4 teams looking to address the RB position come next years draft.

One of the reasons I drafted Penny. Sure, I thought he was talented, but when the GM and coach take a RB in the first and talk him up as a 3 down back, he's going to have a long leash. Look at Melvin Gordon, horrid rookie, year, followed by 2 solid years stats wise, but efficiency was poor. They are 3 years in and still did not sink any major investment into the RB position (and picked up his 5th year option), as they view him as a 3 down type of guy. Same with Penny. Guys like Gio and Rojo fit a role, but others guys can come in and steal significant touches if they aren't viewed as bell cow material by their coaching staff/front office, no matter how people in the dynasty community feel about them. They aren't being drafted to be the teams lead ball carrier. At least, I can't imagine that being the case with Rojo. If I a wrong, I apologize, but his size suggests he won't be.

What happens if Alex Collins rushes for 3.4 YPC this year? Think Baltimore won't be drafting a RB? What if Drake struggles in extended duties in Miami? OR Crowell can't pass block when Darnold steps in week 10? What if CJA doesn't jibe with Carolina's offense, and CMC continues to struggle between the tackles? Is anybody in GB really talented that if they don't produce really well this year that the Packers don't consider someone like David Montgomery? You think Houston has no need for a RB? Miller has been a disappointment and Foreman suffered an injury that could possibly derail his career. What if McKinnon falls flat on his face, or can't hold up to the increased work load? Do New Orleans view Kamara as a true bell cow? If not, do you think they bring Ingram back if he comes back and struggles after a PED suspension? He's a UFA after this year.

There will be these questions, or a lot like them, and more, come next March.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 am

TheEastWest wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:03 pm I like the WR's a lot. RB's aren't as deep, but a lot can change. I wasn't enamoured with this class, but the RB's were deep. WR class was pitiful this year. I think next year is the year we get some top end WR's we haven't seen in at least a few drafts.
This is spot on!!
We will see on this WR Class. I disagree with this class being pitiful. Obviously no Julio generational types but there are a lot of very good WR upside plays in this class. No doubt it was overshadowed by the RB's from a fantasy perspective.

10 WR's went in the first 91 picks and it had the 2nd most drafted position with 33. There was a lot of talent overall in this draft so it pushed the WR's down a bit.

Time will tell but I think this class will surprise a lot of fantasy owners in the next couple of years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

SnidelyWhiplash
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SnidelyWhiplash » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 pm
TradeBack wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:00 pm One thing we need to take into account with the RBs is the lack of opportunity that we’ve seen in recent years. I only see about 4 teams that will have immediate work available:

If guys like Rojo fail, for example, or even succeed, don't believe they won't have competition. Gio Bernard was a top 5 dynasty back on the DLF ranking after his rookie year, and the Bengals go out and draft Jeremy Hill in the 2nd round. Hill then became a league winner his first year. Where is he now? Beyond the very elite in the RB field, things change quickly in the RB world. There will be more than 4 teams looking to address the RB position come next years draft.

One of the reasons I drafted Penny. Sure, I thought he was talented, but when the GM and coach take a RB in the first and talk him up as a 3 down back, he's going to have a long leash. Look at Melvin Gordon, horrid rookie, year, followed by 2 solid years stats wise, but efficiency was poor. They are 3 years in and still did not sink any major investment into the RB position (and picked up his 5th year option), as they view him as a 3 down type of guy. Same with Penny. Guys like Gio and Rojo fit a role, but others guys can come in and steal significant touches if they aren't viewed as bell cow material by their coaching staff/front office, no matter how people in the dynasty community feel about them. They aren't being drafted to be the teams lead ball carrier. At least, I can't imagine that being the case with Rojo. If I a wrong, I apologize, but his size suggests he won't be.

What happens if Alex Collins rushes for 3.4 YPC this year? Think Baltimore won't be drafting a RB? What if Drake struggles in extended duties in Miami? OR Crowell can't pass block when Darnold steps in week 10? What if CJA doesn't jibe with Carolina's offense, and CMC continues to struggle between the tackles? Is anybody in GB really talented that if they don't produce really well this year that the Packers don't consider someone like David Montgomery? You think Houston has no need for a RB? Miller has been a disappointment and Foreman suffered an injury that could possibly derail his career. What if McKinnon falls flat on his face, or can't hold up to the increased work load? Do New Orleans view Kamara as a true bell cow? If not, do you think they bring Ingram back if he comes back and struggles after a PED suspension? He's a UFA after this year.

Well played sir. Well played.
12 team superflex /.5ppr/ 25 man rosters/3 IR
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,Superflex, DST
QB: Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Kamara, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson,
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Lockett, A.J. Brown, McLaurin, Davis
TE: Jonnu, Ebron
DST: Chargers

TradeBack
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TradeBack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Very good argument and I am glad you made it. I I as mostly thinking of situations like Saquon going to the horrid RB group in NY or RoJo being drafted to battle Peyton Barber and Quizz Rodgers. You are absolutely right about all of those situations though. Plus I’m not considering all of the backs under contract who could just flag out be cut, like Lamar Miller. If a back is taken in the first 3 rounds in that O, he would probably be a top 5 pick if Foreman shows and sign of decline after that achiles.

Thanks for your perspective, I’m feeling better about these picks.
Currently in 3 dynasty leagues. Have the IDP itch.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Well, if next year's class really is loaded at WR, that will be a bummer for me as I punted on my early picks to get more early picks in this year's draft. Still, I like my mix of veteran and young wideouts, so hopefully the younger guys work out.

Otherwise, missing out on an elite WR class next year is going to suck. Oh well!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:59 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:23 pm Well, if next year's class really is loaded at WR, that will be a bummer for me as I punted on my early picks to get more early picks in this year's draft. Still, I like my mix of veteran and young wideouts, so hopefully the younger guys work out.

Otherwise, missing out on an elite WR class next year is going to suck. Oh well!
If it's for the team in your signature you did the right thing. You really needed those RBs and next year's draft might be in short supply of that commodity. Get it while you can. But it certainly would be a good move for a rebuilding team to go all in on next years draft class.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:58 am

I haven't done any scouting but from what I'm seeing:

QBs: Herbert appears to be the best of the bunch followed by Will Grier (WVU), Browning (Wash) Finley (NCST) and Trace McSorely (PSU) then you have guys like Stidham (AUB) and Lock (Mizz) but everything I've seen on Lock is that he may be just like Josh Allen lol. Big arm, poor accuracy, yada yada. Maybe someone like Shea Patterson has a big year at Michigan.

WRs: names I've seen the most are Brown/Harry/Collin Johnson but there's supposedly a guy at: Miami, Nebraska, Buffalo, South Carolina, etc. So that list will thin out at the season progresses.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Servo wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:58 am I haven't done any scouting but from what I'm seeing:

QBs: Herbert appears to be the best of the bunch followed by Will Grier (WVU), Browning (Wash) Finley (NCST) and Trace McSorely (PSU) then you have guys like Stidham (AUB) and Lock (Mizz) but everything I've seen on Lock is that he may be just like Josh Allen lol. Big arm, poor accuracy, yada yada. Maybe someone like Shea Patterson has a big year at Michigan.

WRs: names I've seen the most are Brown/Harry/Collin Johnson but there's supposedly a guy at: Miami, Nebraska, Buffalo, South Carolina, etc. So that list will thin out at the season progresses.
apparently the qb class is pretty bad....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/277 ... raft-class
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:18 pm

bsp27 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:52 pm
Servo wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:58 am I haven't done any scouting but from what I'm seeing:

I haven't watched too much of Lock, but the numbers he put up are really impressive, and the ball absolutely rockets out of his hand. His completion percentage is low, but I'm curious to see if he gets it up this year. Matt Stafford's completion percentage in college was abysmal the first 2 years before he got it over 60 in his last.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:18 pm
bsp27 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:52 pm

I haven't watched too much of Lock, but the numbers he put up are really impressive, and the ball absolutely rockets out of his hand. His completion percentage is low, but I'm curious to see if he gets it up this year. Matt Stafford's completion percentage in college was abysmal the first 2 years before he got it over 60 in his last.
Meh, in 2016 people were down on the QB class. Half thought Wentz would bust and the other half thought Goff would bust. And the 2017 class was projected to be even worse (people were saying "if you think this class is bad wait until you see next years) yet as of right now we have 3 promising starters (Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson). Maybe 2019 is truly bad but people can't say for certain this far in advance.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Guys like Wentz and Trubisky effectively came out of nowhere and weren't even in the discussion before their respective seasons started. I don't think anyone in 2018 came as a surprise but probably Rosen + Allen made the biggest jumps from their preseason rankings because Mayfield/Darnold and Jackson were all pretty hyped coming into the season (if I remember it all correctly).

But guys like Brad Kaaya/Connor Cook/JT Barrett/Jalen Hurts had/have had a hard fall from the top. Every year it's the same, Bleacher Report, etc. have a list of 20XX prospects and a couple of them hold their value while the others bomb out and go in the late rounds or UDFA.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:16 am

I'm not fully enamored with this class at the moment. Seems pretty thin to me.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 am

Anyone know if Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin , D'Andre Swift and J Dobbins are eligible ?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff