2019 NFL Draft Class

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Class

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:24 pm

badbuddah wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:24 pm I Googled if this was the worst class ever, didn't see a consensus. Seems like unless things change drastically it will be the weakest of the last 4-6 years at least. I think the lack of for sure RBs is tempering the hype too. Lots of who knows Wide Receivers, but Tight End might be a position to pay attention to as right now the NFL is pretty weak at that position. 3 catches 47 yards and a TD is a TE1 right now.
I dare you to internet and try to find something that isn't the best or worst. This is what happens when top 3 tiers are all fairly close

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 pm

dawgs4life wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:38 pm Thoughts on these guys?-

Washington RB Myles Gaskin
Boise State RB Alexander Mattison
Colorado State WR Preston Williams
Gaskins has some moves and a great PPR guy but to me he is Gio Bernard
Mattison seems to get decent press but has not done anything special. Is he Ajayi or McNichols, or worse
Preston Williams reminds me of Justin Hunter, great athletic profile not so good route runner, but does he have it between the ears?
1. He wishes.
2. Worse.
3. Fair comp. But I sure hope his hands aren't so awful

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Before everyone blasts me about my comment about this possibly being a bad draft, at least within the last 5 years, of course we are guessing. That's all we CAN do until we see different. We have to go off projections, and not a single one of you will know whether or not it is true until at least a year after. What I DO know is there are guys coming in 2020 I'd much rather target. So based purely off projections, I'd rather have a 2020 1.01 than 2019.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:28 pm

badbuddah wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:15 pm Before everyone blasts me about my comment about this possibly being a bad draft, at least within the last 5 years, of course we are guessing. That's all we CAN do until we see different. We have to go off projections, and not a single one of you will know whether or not it is true until at least a year after. What I DO know is there are guys coming in 2020 I'd much rather target. So based purely off projections, I'd rather have a 2020 1.01 than 2019.
This class seems pretty week. I think you're probably going to be right.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:39 pm

I think the hype is getting a little out of control on both classes. '19 isn't as bad as public perception, I think it's a far better class than '16, there's just no Zeke this year. '20 on the other hand people are making it sound as if the entire 1st round is made of Gurley's and Zekes. Almost all of the top '20 prospects at the beginning of the season underperformed this year, with the exception of Jonathan Taylor.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:06 pm

2020 just looks like a deeper talent pool with more overall upside as well. I don't think that class has a Gurley, but if Jerry Jeudy was eligible, I'd take him 1.01 in this class without much thought.

The dropoff in this class looks pretty noticeable at some point in the mid-first.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:39 pm I think the hype is getting a little out of control on both classes. '19 isn't as bad as public perception, I think it's a far better class than '16, there's just no Zeke this year. '20 on the other hand people are making it sound as if the entire 1st round is made of Gurley's and Zekes. Almost all of the top '20 prospects at the beginning of the season underperformed this year, with the exception of Jonathan Taylor.
It's still pretty early in my analysis, but I've yet to find a player I feel as good about as maybe the top 6-7 guys in last year's class.

Give me some names here. I'm ready to look at anyone.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:26 pm

2019 is looking good at WR, it's pretty deep.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:11 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:39 pm I think the hype is getting a little out of control on both classes. '19 isn't as bad as public perception, I think it's a far better class than '16, there's just no Zeke this year. '20 on the other hand people are making it sound as if the entire 1st round is made of Gurley's and Zekes. Almost all of the top '20 prospects at the beginning of the season underperformed this year, with the exception of Jonathan Taylor.
It's still pretty early in my analysis, but I've yet to find a player I feel as good about as maybe the top 6-7 guys in last year's class.

Overall I agree with the sentiment, but just as a brainstorming exercise: Metcalf would be my WR1 over any 18 guys. Holyfield, if he gets drafted top 50, would behind Saquon, Chubb, Guice, and Michel for sure. But probably ahead of Rojo and Kerryon.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Is it this thread where I made the joke about the 2021 class 1.01 Rondale Moore? He was the only freshman to make the All-American team, albeit as All-purpose, not WR.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm

There are going to be some studs that come from this draft like always. Its just not clearly defined like Gurley, Saquon, Julio like in previous years.

Just need to put in the time, effort and studying to uncover them.

We have a great group of members on here and im confident as a group we will probably come up with a solid list as we get closer to draft season.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

XxBallMeBlazerxX
Rookie
Rookie

Postby XxBallMeBlazerxX » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm

I had Guice ranked third in last years draft class, after Barkley and Chubb, and I personally would put Miles Sanders(if he comes out) and Damien Harris in the same tier as Guice. Especially since Guice tore his acl and now with Alex Smith’s injury.

I could see putting Marquise Brown up there too.

One player I like that I don’t think I have seen mentioned here yet is Terry McLaurin from Ohio State. He seemed solid in the few games I’ve seen him play in. Not sure what others think.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:24 pm

XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm

I had Guice ranked third in last years draft class, after Barkley and Chubb, and I personally would put Miles Sanders(if he comes out) and Damien Harris in the same tier as Guice. Especially since Guice tore his acl and now with Alex Smith’s injury.

One player I like that I don’t think I have seen mentioned here yet is Terry McLaurin from Ohio State. He seemed solid in the few games I’ve seen him play in. Not sure what others think.
I think AJ Brown's comp to JuJu made by a few guys, including Daniel Jeremiah is pretty accurate. I think he's a pretty safe pick. I'd have him as the top WR against last years class.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:37 pm

XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm

He is mostly a special teams player. Similar to New England's Matthew Slater. McLaurin won't be relevant for dynasty.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:53 pm

My guys at WR are Kelvin Harmon from NC State and Colin Johnson from Texas. Like both the Browns too (Marquise and AJ).

My guys at RB are Damien Harris anf David Montgomery.

My guys at TE are Fant and Irv Smith Jr.

Also sorry Cameron Giles i did some tape analysis on Marquise Brown and wow. Pretty spectacular man
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards