Austin Ekeler Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Austin Ekeler Value

Postby joeylitz » Thu May 10, 2018 5:06 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:53 am In the same boat ... But going to wait until on the clock and know what player I can get in his place. Gordon has been dinged up in the past carried a heavy load the past couple of seasons.

Might just keep Hannibal Ekeler if we don't need the roster spot for a young flier type.
I needed the roster spot. Offered him for a 3rd. Got rejected and ended up selling him to the Gordon owner for a 4.08
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:08 pm

You needed the roster spot but jettisoned Ekeler instead of Smallwood, Inman, Maxx Williams et al? Or you got rid of all those guys?
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Fri May 11, 2018 4:45 am

fakespike13 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:08 pm You needed the roster spot but jettisoned Ekeler instead of Smallwood, Inman, Maxx Williams et al? Or you got rid of all those guys?
Those guys will be dropped in conjunction with the draft. I've got extra draft picks this year. Gonna try to trade a couple of picks to move up spots in the draft.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bo Jackson » Sat May 19, 2018 2:21 pm

I just grabbed Ekeler and Justin Jackson off the WW. I really like what I saw from Ekeler, but he is just a handcuff
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Crypto bump.

With Gordon not playing, Ekeler's been very strong as a 3 down back and something like 70% of the backfield touches.

Can a small back like him sustain this usage?

What's his value to contenders who believe he'll continue to put up good numbers with Gordon out but could fall into a committee when he comes back?

With Gordon likely/definitely gone next year, what's his long term dynasty value, to you?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:21 pm

So I think there are two spike windows here for potential sale. But you shouldn't discount what he's doing out there - in every sense, Austin Ekeler is the prototypical modern RB. Go watch his sideline up-and-go route from just this week been - for an RB, his route running is superb and remarkably complete. He is exactly what the league wants in an RB, and you can bet he will be a target for smart teams if he ever reaches FA in 2021. (he is RFA in 2020)

Before I go into the timelines on windows for sale - lets review his measurables to answer your question about durability. Our man is a SPARQ freak, with elite burst and high-tier agility. He's got basically the same frame as Christian McCaffrey, though naturally C-Mac has a few extra notches to his speed/quicks scores. Are either of these guys ever going to be your preferred Goal Line back? No - and Ekeler's GL fumble last week, and C-Mac's failed 4th down for the game against Tampa both bear that out. But to focus on what they can't be is to forget what they CAN be - elite pass-catching backs - and the numbers are bearing that out too. With the target and snap share these guys are seeing, they are week-winners right now.

If you're a contender, you obviously need to hold and play him every week (unless the package is for a clear stud upgrade that incorporates his current value to the fullest). If you're a rebuilder... then this is one potential window to sell to a contending team for a high pick. There is every chance that even when Melvin comes back, Ekeler is still the 1a of the duo. What has Melvin done to ingratiate himself to this coaching staff? Ekeler has been out here showing that he's ready for his close up - they don't exactly miss him. Melvin is gone next year - and Ekeler will still be here. These are all the reasons you need to make sure you're getting a 1st for Ekeler, at the least.

The second spike window, though - is going to be after this season, but before the draft. The Chargers front office? Notoriously cheap. I would willingly bet that they will:
1. Let Melvin walk
2. Draft another RB from next years' loaded class

Basically, any RB that *isn't* what we'd consider an elite asset should be under the microscope for sale this coming offseason. Next years RB class is going to shake up a lot of depth charts. Perhaps he makes it all the way to 2020 with the starters role locked down - but more likely, he's back into a timeshare with another elite rookie runner. Get the value on him before that happens, but be willing to hold if no-one is seeing it this way - he's been one of the most efficient players in the NFL per PFF. I don't see any reason why that doesn't continue into next year, outside of a Rivers retirement.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:20 pm

I see his skill set unique and tied a bit to Rivers .. even with Melvin Gordon around he has stand alone value .. he really is being used just like D Sproles was way back when he was with San Diego ..

I would certainly include him on a much bigger trade especially if he is about to leave the Chargers .. As long as he stays with the Chargers, I am more than happy to just hang onto him.
@PlankMelody

RookieFever
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RookieFever » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 pm

I think it is safe to say nobody will be selling him for 3rd or 4th rd picks now, but what is the sell vs hold price? Anyone still selling if mid 2nd is the best return you can get?

XxBallMeBlazerxX
Rookie
Rookie

Postby XxBallMeBlazerxX » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:16 pm

RookieFever wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 pm I think it is safe to say nobody will be selling him for 3rd or 4th rd picks now, but what is the sell vs hold price? Anyone still selling if mid 2nd is the best return you can get?
I would only sell for a 1st rounder or a young player that hasn’t broken out yet. Ekelers value was a mid 2nd before this year so surely it has gone up.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:23 pm

I'm pretty high on ekeler and William's for this year. I sold ekeler with tyrell Williams and bobby Wagner for kelce and tyreek hill 10 days ago.

XxBallMeBlazerxX
Rookie
Rookie

Postby XxBallMeBlazerxX » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:23 pm I'm pretty high on ekeler and William's for this year. I sold ekeler with tyrell Williams and bobby Wagner for kelce and tyreek hill 10 days ago.
Good god, how did you pull that one off?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:03 pm

RookieFever wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 pm I think it is safe to say nobody will be selling him for 3rd or 4th rd picks now, but what is the sell vs hold price? Anyone still selling if mid 2nd is the best return you can get?
Not a chance. What's the point of that? Has to be a first at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:31 pm

XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:23 pm I'm pretty high on ekeler and William's for this year. I sold ekeler with tyrell Williams and bobby Wagner for kelce and tyreek hill 10 days ago.
Good god, how did you pull that one off?
Cant even take any credit. Woke up with it in my inbox one morning

AlbertaPrime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AlbertaPrime » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 am

Worst team in my league has Ekeler and just sent a group message saying that he's on the table. As the Gordon owner in the league I am obviously interested, just having a really hard time gauging his value. I really don't want to give up a 2020 1st for him, but am strongly considering my 2021 1st. Is that crazy?

What about Corey Davis and a 2020 2nd for Ekeler? Does that make more sense (ugh. that actually kills me that this is what CD has come to).
14 Team/Dynasty League (Old School Standard Scoring) - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1D, 1K
Core Roster Pieces
QB: Dak Prescott, Geno Smith
RB: Josh Jacobs, Alex Mattison, Gus Edwards, Tyler Allgeier, Jaylen Warren, Ken Gainwell
WR: Justin Jefferson, Keenan Allen, Christian Kirk, Puka Nacua, Jayden Reed, Josh Downs, Rashid Shaheed, Pops Douglas, Trey Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Tyler Kraft

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am

AlbertaPrime wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 am Worst team in my league has Ekeler and just sent a group message saying that he's on the table. As the Gordon owner in the league I am obviously interested, just having a really hard time gauging his value. I really don't want to give up a 2020 1st for him, but am strongly considering my 2021 1st. Is that crazy?

What about Corey Davis and a 2020 2nd for Ekeler? Does that make more sense (ugh. that actually kills me that this is what CD has come to).
Definitely not crazy. I am not even sure I'd give him up for a first 2 years out. I turned down an early 2nd for Ekeler in a SF/TE premium league, but it's also best ball, where I like Ekeler even more. If you are a competitive team for the next few years, moving a 2021 first seems like something I would do. When Gordon comes back, he will obviously lose touches, but Ekeler isn't going away. The dude can flat out play, and on all 3 downs. He lined up as a WR last week and beat a guy on a go route for a big gain. He's extremely versatile, and if the Chargers let him go as a FA, somebody will gladly pay him a decent amount to be a part of their offense.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick