Predict when each rookie QB will make their first NFL start

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Predict when each rookie QB will make their first NFL start

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu May 03, 2018 7:47 am

Figure this could be a fun thread

Baker Mayfield, CLE, week 5- I think this would be a mistake to put him in this early, but also feel pretty confident on betting on the Browns organization to make a mistake. Tyrod should be more than capable to handle the offense for the year, or at least majority of it, but Cleveland will be impatient to try out their new toy and with the offensive weapons the Browns now have (Gordon, Landry, Njoku, Hyde, Chubb) they will want someone more aggressive than Tyrod to start using them

Sam Darnold, NYJ, week 14- Josh McCown will start and play well for the majority of the season. Teddy, if he makes the roster, may get a week or 2 in there at 12 or 13. Near the end, with playoffs officially out of reach, they will see what they have this year in Darnold to better prepare him in the offseason to be the guy for next season

Josh Allen, Buf, Week 1- AJ McCarron won't even hold him off during training camp, and the Bills paid to move up and get him. He'll go from playing in Wyoming to playing in the AFC East in just months

Josh Rosen, ARI, 2019 week 1- Sam Bradford will be a plenty good enough QB to ride Arizona for the year while they groom Rosen. Look for it to be like Alex Smith and Mohomes where Bradford is traded or released in the off season after playing the full 18 campaign for them

option B, Sam Bradford is hurt by week 2 and Rosen is in week 3

Lamar Jackson, Bal, 2019 week X after Flacco injury, unless Flacco gets hurt in 2018. Possibly 2020 if Flacco stays healthy next two years, and depending on how he performs in camps and practices determines if he's still next man up 2020 or someone else or another rookie is brought in by then

Mason Rudolph, Pit, week 11- Call me a pessimist. But Big Ben will have a bad 4/5 interception game on the road mid season and flat out say he's retiring. Pittsburg will debate it all week, but then taking the opening snap the following Sunday will be Mason Rudolph
Last edited by hockeyBjj on Thu May 03, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Predict when each rookie QB will make their first NFL start

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 03, 2018 8:04 am

Case Keenum is with Denver - I assume you mean Bradford/Glennon.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:15 am

Baker - I don't think Baker starts until very late as I think Tyrod is safe enough that the Browns will be competitive. So it'll take an injury IMO or a disastrous game by Tyrod.

Darnold - By week 8/9 at the latest as the Jets will be pathetic, Bowles will be canned or close to it, and will throw Darnold into the fire and burn him to the ground. R.I.P. Darnold.

Allen - Somewhere near the back half, maybe weeks 10-12. And then they'll go back to McCarron after his 6-25, 3 INT game.

Rosen - Week 1. I don't think Bradford will be healthy enough.

Rudolph - Will only start due to injury. Will never be named the actual starter.

Jackson - I don't think they will bench Flacco personally, at least not Harbough, and I don't think Harbough would be fired in-season, so 2019.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:04 am Case Keenum is with Denver - I assume you mean Bradford/Glennon.
Whoops. yeah. Vikings fan and I had Bradford/Case flipped up in my head. Thanks
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Assuming the teams don't completely flop, Mayfield and Jackson shouldn't start till next year at the earliest. Darnold I think has a shot to start week 1. Rosen I think will start week 1 as well, either because Bradford gets hurt prior to that or he flat out outplays him in the preseason and pulls a Russell Wilson. Allen has no business starting year 1 or even 2, but the options ahead of him are so bad that he could start at anytime. Not even going to count Rudolph, who may never make starts in the NFL barring injuries.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 04, 2018 7:14 am

Obviously we'll all have a better idea in a month or so after the first OTAs and such. I remember when many thought Lynch was going to walk away with the job and some how Sieman held it. One of these rookies may very well not start off as strong as expected.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:39 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... 1-at-lions

Darnold to start Week I - so winner is Goddard.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 pm

All of the big 5 QBs have now had at least 1 start - we shall see soon enough if Rudolph (very unlikely barring injury) or Lauletta get a chance.