Paxton Lynch: So you're telling me there's a chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Paxton Lynch: So you're telling me there's a chance?

Postby Phaded » Wed May 02, 2018 9:04 pm

I've had a few drinks tonight, plus I own him in a Superflex.. but.. humour me.
I drafted him at the end of the 1st KNOWING that he was a project that needed to develop.
...so did the Broncos, they have repeatedly acknowledged that they drafted him with the idea he could develop.

Was his early development hampered by injuries? Absolutely.

Here are some things to consider:

- Case Keenum was brought in to be the starting quarterback on a two year contract
-- Keenum himself was a "late bloomer" before he put it together
-- Lynch has two years left on his contract with a 5th year option
What could this conceivably mean? Maybe they signed Keenum with the intention to start him over the next two years and have Lynch learn from him, with the possibility of exercising the 5th year option; allowing him to start and essentially have a "prove it" year.

- The Broncos, despite a lot of popular opinions passed on drafting a quarterback in this "loaded class" despite several opportunities
-- They instead loaded up on a couple of promising receivers in Sutton & Hamilton while bolstering their defense and running game
-- I cannot see Sutton & Hamilton surpassing DT & Sanders in the near future, but maybe they'll be getting a good amount of reps in with Lynch to bolster that chemistry so they'll be ready to go with him in a couple years

- John Elways "has not given up" on Paxton Lynch
-- Confidence he will develop? Maybe. Trying to save face and be stubborn because he was his draft pick? Also possible.

Those are just some points - I came into this with intention to point out more because to be honest, I felt like I had more but I also think I forgot it to be honest..

As dynasty owners, something we have been lacking a lot of is patience - we seem to give up on guys very quickly.
Is Paxton Lynch ready to be a starter right now? Hell no, I'm not suggesting that.
However, he is still quite young for a quarterback -- he just turned 24, meanwhile a guy like Jimmy G is finally getting his chance to start and will be turning 27 later this year.
We all knew that Paxton Lynch was a guy who needed to develop - we just ran out of patience and starting calling him a bust immediately. Especially after losing the job to Siemian; but Siemian was more "immediately ready" and as we saw, ultimately did not have what it takes.
Lynch steadily improved with each year he was in college; and this was significant improvement. I see no reason he cannot significantly improve in the NFL.

Maybe it is the booze talking - but I would not be surprised if we are looking at Paxton Lynch as the starter of the Broncos after Keenum's contract is up.

Discuss? Maybe?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Paxton Lynch: So you're telling me there's a chance?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Polish that turd

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed May 02, 2018 10:09 pm

Tomorrow come back here and delete this thread when you sober up.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed May 02, 2018 11:57 pm

You're right he was considered a project from day 1 but he didn't look good in the limited playing time he did have. With that said I'm still holding (also in a sf). I believe he'll be given a real chance at some point in the next 2 years.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:11 am

Chad Kelly!

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 03, 2018 2:53 am

Paxton Lynch is garbage because he can't throw receivers open, his eyes telegraph everything to DBs, and he's glacial-slow through his progressions. His arm-talent is also overrated.

No rationale supporting him is persuasive until the tape shows him improving on these issues. So far, he hasn't improved at all since coming out of Memphis after being humiliated in his bowl game against an Auburn defense that had the only DBs with a draftable grade he faced all year. It's amazingly awful that Denver still thought he was worth a first-round pick after that debacle.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:20 am

Exactly how much did you drink
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 03, 2018 6:57 am

lol.. Thanks guys.

Really though - I do think he is worth a long term stash in 2QB/SF leagues(depending on roster sizes) as he is likely super cheap or on the wire.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 am

I own 2 shares of Paxton Lynch. I own 7 shares of Johnny Manziel.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:16 am

I have started dropping Lynch in the SF leagues I own him in, except in the super deep ones (30+).

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Thu May 03, 2018 8:28 am

I personally don't think Lynch will ever develop, but if you have the space on your squad to stash him then you may as well hold for at least 1 more year. He's been in the league long enough at this point to show 'something' when camps and preseason rolls around.

At that point, if his play is 'same old sale old', and you see a better option for your slot, I'd dump him.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:49 pm Polish that turd
Hey Phaded, since you are clearly a professional at this... Do you use this kind or a different kind? I want to sell some of my lower value assets, but I figured I should give them a fresh, super optimistic look first. Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 am

both lynch and Kelly are likely on a roster in those leagues imo.

there were things to like, but ultimately he's been awarded a few opportunities and he gets hurt each time. i liked his game, but its a kaep type game, and its going to take an inovator at oc (not to mention the commitment from top to bottom) to truly dedicate themselves to a qb with that style of play.

i think the big thing here is that lynch goes down every opportuinity he gets on the field... if someone were to commit to him at this point, how could they possibly know when his next "episode" would occur. this may be some immaturity from drafting him and then starting semen :D but my gut tells me that its a do or die camp for lynch. realistically for the dynasty community...if he cant beat out keenum, why are we holding???

id put my money on kelly at that point.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu May 03, 2018 10:25 am

pokerface40 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:11 am Chad Kelly!
Admittedly biased, but I think Kelly will beat out Lynch in camp to hold the clipboard for Keenum. Though obviously lacking the draft capital, I believe him to be the better QB.

And if this does come to pass, Lynch will likely travel the backup QB path for the remainder of his time in the league.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:49 pm Polish that turd
Hey Phaded, since you are clearly a professional at this... Do you use this kind or a different kind? I want to sell some of my lower value assets, but I figured I should give them a fresh, super optimistic look first. Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:
That is a high quality one - I use it regularly.