Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 am

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby DynoScout » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:47 am
Tvols wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:00 am
Penny is a decent talent think Seattle screwed the pooch by not taking an o linemen there could’ve got penny much latter
He was going to go to Cleveland by the sounds of it in the early 2nd. I think he was coming off the board soon. Hawks stated they were willing to take him at 18, and that as soon as they picked him a team (that most likely got sniped) called them to inquire about trading for him.
I read/heard speculation that the team that called Seattle about Penny was NE. After that went nowhere they picked Michel. Grain of salt, but someone on a podcast (I think) passed it along.
Also heard that some believe it was NE who leaked to Mayock/Lombardi et al that Michel has a bone/bone issue in his knee. Speculation was based on the relationship those two media guys have with Belichek. NE then turned around and picked him...interesting.

User avatar
Vcize
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:20 pm

DynoScout wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 am
In a universe that is just about on-field football, Guice can lead the NFL in rushing behind that Washington OL. I believe he's that talented on the field. However, to be that successful he's going to have to put in the work. The NFL rarely tells us the whole truth, but one time they do is when they use a draft pick. Executives in several cities did not want to bet their livelihood on Guice putting in the work and fitting into their locker room. That should give pause to dynasty drafters - it's a risk assessment. The ceiling is still "NFL rushing leader" but it seems like the floor isn't RB2 for fantasy....more like rookie doghouse/learn to be a professional --> non-contributor year one.
It's not like he fell to the 5th round. He fell later in the same round he was probably going to go in anyway. It was dramatic while it was going on but in the end he ended up as a 2nd round pick in a good situation, which is pretty much what everyone was hoping for going into the draft.
Team 1 (12 team standard, q/r/r/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: Bell, D Johnson, Fournette, Penny, Lynch, Conner, Foreman
WR: Brown, Diggs, Dez, Lockett
TE: Gronk, Graham
K: Tucker
Def: Jags, Texans

Team 2 (12 team PPR, q/r/r/w/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Dak, Mahomes
RB: Fournette, Kamara, Michel, Kerryon, Blount
WR: Beckham, Thielen, GTate, M Williams, Decker, Enunwa
TE: Eifert, Hooper, Gesicki

Team 3 (12 Team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)
QB: Wentz, Luck
RB: Hunt, Fournette, Ajayi, Kerryon, Foreman, Ito
WR: OBJ, Cooks, ARob, Lockett, Richardson, Benjamin, Pettis
TE: Howard, Rico, Jonnu

User avatar
TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:40 am

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby TheEastWest » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am

DynoScout wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 am
In a universe that is just about on-field football, Guice can lead the NFL in rushing behind that Washington OL. I believe he's that talented on the field. However, to be that successful he's going to have to put in the work. The NFL rarely tells us the whole truth, but one time they do is when they use a draft pick. Executives in several cities did not want to bet their livelihood on Guice putting in the work and fitting into their locker room. That should give pause to dynasty drafters - it's a risk assessment. The ceiling is still "NFL rushing leader" but it seems like the floor isn't RB2 for fantasy....more like rookie doghouse/learn to be a professional --> non-contributor year one.
X2. Very well said .
Standard 10 man High Stakes
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-Darnold-Kelly
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Burkhead - Kelly
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Saunders- Hogan-Garçon- Enunwa- D’Mon Moore
TE- Henry- Reed- Walker - ASJ- Watson- McDonald

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 am

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby turcorox911 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Bo Scarbrough Doe.

User avatar
btv802
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1348
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 am

I just drafted Guice 1.02 in my rookie draft.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, M. Mariota, K. Lauletta
RB: J. Mixon, T. Coleman, D. Henry, R. Mostert, T. Montgomery, S. Perine, C. Prosise
WR: All. Robinson, B. Cooks, C. Davis, S. Watkins, T. Lockett, M. Williams, J. Ross, J. Reynolds, C. Samuel, J. Matthews, C. Coleman
TE: E. Ebron, D. Njoku, J. Smith
Taxi: C. Herndon, B. Scott, B. Scarbrough, D. Shultz
IR: D. Guice, D. Freeman, M. Lee, J. Hill,
2019: 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2020: 4th

(bold green indicates current projected starters and ownership of my own future picks)

User avatar
Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1336
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 am

Redskins senior VP of player personnel Doug Williams said he is not worried about second-round RB Derrius Guice.

Williams seemed to shoot down rumors of off-field concerns. "For this kid, who doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, hasn’t been arrested, no failed drug tests," Williams said. "He’s a happy-go-lucky kid." Williams also said he grew up in the same area as Guice, so he understands what it took for him to get where he is today. It is looking like Washington got a steal late in the second round.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Very nice piece on Guice. I'm a fan. I think a year from now we're gonna look back on all this off-field stuff as nothing but pre-draft fluff. I think he'll flourish better in a locker room that embraces his personality, unlike a place like NE that wants an army of robots lol.

I feel like the combine questions probably happened and his agent probably tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube by putting the gag order on him...but the damage was done to his stock. On the bright side going in the 2nd round as opposed to late 1st means he gets his 2nd contract a year earlier so it might work out anyway but he's gotta keep his nose clean going forward, the TMZ vultures will be lurking lol.

User avatar
Vcize
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Vcize » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am

Why did people/teams make a so much bigger deal about him outing the combine questions than they did when Dez did it? Their quotes on the matter were almost exactly the same.
Team 1 (12 team standard, q/r/r/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: Bell, D Johnson, Fournette, Penny, Lynch, Conner, Foreman
WR: Brown, Diggs, Dez, Lockett
TE: Gronk, Graham
K: Tucker
Def: Jags, Texans

Team 2 (12 team PPR, q/r/r/w/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Dak, Mahomes
RB: Fournette, Kamara, Michel, Kerryon, Blount
WR: Beckham, Thielen, GTate, M Williams, Decker, Enunwa
TE: Eifert, Hooper, Gesicki

Team 3 (12 Team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)
QB: Wentz, Luck
RB: Hunt, Fournette, Ajayi, Kerryon, Foreman, Ito
WR: OBJ, Cooks, ARob, Lockett, Richardson, Benjamin, Pettis
TE: Howard, Rico, Jonnu

User avatar
ArrylT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:04 am

All I know is that when the Redskins made their Guice selection they said Derrius!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5259
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am

Vcize wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am
Why did people/teams make a so much bigger deal about him outing the combine questions than they did when Dez did it? Their quotes on the matter were almost exactly the same.
It's the fact that Guice allegedly lied about it. I'm not exactly sure if he says he didn't remember which team asked him b/c he didn't want to out the particular team, or if he lied about it.

User avatar
btv802
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1348
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am
Vcize wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am
Why did people/teams make a so much bigger deal about him outing the combine questions than they did when Dez did it? Their quotes on the matter were almost exactly the same.
It's the fact that Guice allegedly lied about it. I'm not exactly sure if he says he didn't remember which team asked him b/c he didn't want to out the particular team, or if he lied about it.
Can't imagine why in the middle of the draft process Guice would choose to make up a lie about something like that...but if it's true he deserved what happened.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, M. Mariota, K. Lauletta
RB: J. Mixon, T. Coleman, D. Henry, R. Mostert, T. Montgomery, S. Perine, C. Prosise
WR: All. Robinson, B. Cooks, C. Davis, S. Watkins, T. Lockett, M. Williams, J. Ross, J. Reynolds, C. Samuel, J. Matthews, C. Coleman
TE: E. Ebron, D. Njoku, J. Smith
Taxi: C. Herndon, B. Scott, B. Scarbrough, D. Shultz
IR: D. Guice, D. Freeman, M. Lee, J. Hill,
2019: 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2020: 4th

(bold green indicates current projected starters and ownership of my own future picks)

User avatar
Phaded
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9434
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Or maybe the whole thing was orchestrated as a plan to go to the Redskins.

#TinfoilHat
Do not join a league that has a veto option, it will be your funeral.
:boohoo:

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3237
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Vcize wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:20 pm
It's not like he fell to the 5th round. He fell later in the same round he was probably going to go in anyway. It was dramatic while it was going on but in the end he ended up as a 2nd round pick in a good situation, which is pretty much what everyone was hoping for going into the draft.
This is how I feel. It was crazy how he fell in regards to the other Rbs going before him, but If it had simply been Barkley at 2, Chubb late first or early second, then Guice at this point in the 2nd to the skins, this wouldn't even be a discussion

Still a 2nd round RB, a talented one on film, and to a better landing spot than many of the other backs

I really did find it interesting, before the rumors and stuff came out, with both Michel and Sony going before Guice when I created this thread
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, (a TE2 can flex for RB3 or WR3), 1D, 1K
3-2 this season, #4 points
6th place back to back years :oops:
QB: Russell Wilson, Dalton
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Jay Ajayi, Rashaad Penny, Mark Ingram, James White, Lat Murray, Theo Riddick, TJ Yeldon,
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, JuJu Smith, Golden Tate, T Boyd, T Gabriel, T Taylor, C Rodgers, , B Zylstra
TE: Kyle Rudolph , V McDonald, Kittle, H Henry
D/K: Vikings, Patriots, Titans Houshka BUF, Lutz NO
picks- 2019 2,5 2020 1,4,5

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
4-1 this season, #1 points
2017 champions 8-)
QB: Wison, Smith
RB: Gurley, Kamara, Henry, Riddick, Yeldon, Henderson, P Barber, T Austin, M Brown
WR:Evans, Arob, Diggs, Landry, Boyd, Godwin, Hurns, Wright, Higgins, Westbrook, Perriman
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Doyle Legget
Taxi- Mayfield, Walton, Lazard, Cedrick Wilson
picks- 2019- 1(early),1,2,2,3,4,5 2020- 1,2,3,5

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am
Vcize wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am
Why did people/teams make a so much bigger deal about him outing the combine questions than they did when Dez did it? Their quotes on the matter were almost exactly the same.
It's the fact that Guice allegedly lied about it. I'm not exactly sure if he says he didn't remember which team asked him b/c he didn't want to out the particular team, or if he lied about it.
I actually think he dropped more because he “supposedly” had some off the field incidents while at LSU. Whether it’s true or not, I don’t know but we all know how much teams do as far as background checks. It’s just a gamble, maybe nothing ever comes of it and he’s a stud but it probable just comes down to if an owner is risk adverse or not.

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Jason wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 am
Redskins senior VP of player personnel Doug Williams said he is not worried about second-round RB Derrius Guice.

Williams seemed to shoot down rumors of off-field concerns. "For this kid, who doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, hasn’t been arrested, no failed drug tests," Williams said. "He’s a happy-go-lucky kid." Williams also said he grew up in the same area as Guice, so he understands what it took for him to get where he is today. It is looking like Washington got a steal late in the second round.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Very nice piece on Guice. I'm a fan. I think a year from now we're gonna look back on all this off-field stuff as nothing but pre-draft fluff. I think he'll flourish better in a locker room that embraces his personality, unlike a place like NE that wants an army of robots lol.

I feel like the combine questions probably happened and his agent probably tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube by putting the gag order on him...but the damage was done to his stock. On the bright side going in the 2nd round as opposed to late 1st means he gets his 2nd contract a year earlier so it might work out anyway but he's gotta keep his nose clean going forward, the TMZ vultures will be lurking lol.
What else is the guy who just drafted him going to say? I agree that Guice's "fall" isn't significant enough to matter, but when NFL teams flag a guy for character concerns, more times than not it comes back full circle: DGB, Randy Gregory, and Rueben Foster are some of the recent names.

jetsfan5757
Captain
Captain
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 pm

My RB rankings. Pretty much unchanged by the draft.

Barkley: duh
Juice: Don't care he went later. Great situation.
Chubb: Not 100% back last year, but looked good. If he regains all previous athleticism, look out!
Jones: Love the situation. Should be the man in a decent offense. Biggest bust risk though in the guys I ranked.
Penny / Michael (I see them evenly, but gun to my head I take Penny first. Less competition for touches, although I like Michael in D Lewis role)
Freeman: Like the situation as well. Draft spot holding me back a bit.

Forget the rest.

Edited to include Freeman. Forgot when I made my list...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR)
QB (1): Luck, Mariota
RB (3): David Johnson, C. Thompson, D. Henry, D. Guice, N. Chubb, L. Miller, T. Coleman, I. Crowell, D'Onta Foreman
WR (3): D. Hopkins, M. Evans, D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, M. Crabtree, D.J. Moore, T. Taylor
TE (2): H. Henry, O.J. Howard, C. Ozumah, H. Hurst
K (1): Some guy

DB (1): Landon Collins
LB (1): Kwon Alexander
DL (1): JJ Watt


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lukkynumber13 and 2 guests