Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 am

Some ppl are pushing Guice down their ranks because of his supposed lack of pass-catching but non-Chris Thompson RB's had a total of roughly 40 receptions for Washington last year. Granted, many of those receptions were with Thompson out with injury during the 2nd half of the year. However, guys like Kelly and Perine are also worse pass catchers /space players than Guice. He should get ~30+ receptions even with Thompson there which is more than enough if all else goes well with yards and td's.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Thu May 03, 2018 7:08 am

not sure why he would lie about that.. when its come out in the past that teams have asked these questions.

hoping he falls to where I am picking...

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 pm My RB rankings. Pretty much unchanged by the draft.

Barkley: duh
Juice: Don't care he went later. Great situation.
Chubb: Not 100% back last year, but looked good. If he regains all previous athleticism, look out!
Jones: Love the situation. Should be the man in a decent offense. Biggest bust risk though in the guys I ranked.
Penny / Michael (I see them evenly, but gun to my head I take Penny first. Less competition for touches, although I like Michael in D Lewis role)
Freeman: Like the situation as well. Draft spot holding me back a bit.

Forget the rest.

Edited to include Freeman. Forgot when I made my list...
No Kerryon Johnson? I would probably put him at the bottom of this list after Freeman. He's not a 'forget the rest' player due to his landing spot.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:27 am

I feel like Guice deserves a way more celebratory thread title than this at some point...looking forward to it.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu May 03, 2018 10:52 am

btv802 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:27 am I feel like Guice deserves a way more celebratory thread title than this at some point...looking forward to it.
lol. I will update my thread with a "Suck it GMs" if he comes out looking like the clear and away RB2 of the 2018 class like we had previously thought haha
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 am

IBall2 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 pm My RB rankings. Pretty much unchanged by the draft.

Barkley: duh
Juice: Don't care he went later. Great situation.
Chubb: Not 100% back last year, but looked good. If he regains all previous athleticism, look out!
Jones: Love the situation. Should be the man in a decent offense. Biggest bust risk though in the guys I ranked.
Penny / Michael (I see them evenly, but gun to my head I take Penny first. Less competition for touches, although I like Michael in D Lewis role)
Freeman: Like the situation as well. Draft spot holding me back a bit.

Forget the rest.

Edited to include Freeman. Forgot when I made my list...
No Kerryon Johnson? I would probably put him at the bottom of this list after Freeman. He's not a 'forget the rest' player due to his landing spot.
I debated including him. I probably should and he'd obviously be last, but I'm just not a fan of guys that do everything OK but nothing really well...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:17 am i would doubt very highly people with millions of dollars on the line based their decision on a player saying he was asked offensive questions
Yeah, it's possible the NFL just didn't see him the way the FF community, full of amateur "scouts" did. Personally, I never though Guice was in this tier of his own after Barkley and before everybody else. There were a lot of RB's that went before Guice. Now a lot can be scheme fit etc., but if Guice were viewed as by far and away the 2nd best RB in the draft by teams, he would have been the 2nd back off the board. He quite simply wasn't rated as highly. Doesn't mean he can't be the 2nd best back out of this class, when all is said and done.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:17 am i would doubt very highly people with millions of dollars on the line based their decision on a player saying he was asked offensive questions
Yeah, it's possible the NFL just didn't see him the way the FF community, full of amateur "scouts" did. Personally, I never though Guice was in this tier of his own after Barkley and before everybody else. There were a lot of RB's that went before Guice. Now a lot can be scheme fit etc., but if Guice were viewed as by far and away the 2nd best RB in the draft by teams, he would have been the 2nd back off the board. He quite simply wasn't rated as highly. Doesn't mean he can't be the 2nd best back out of this class, when all is said and done.
Except he was rated highly by guys like Daniel Jeremiah, Mike Mayock and Lance Zierlein. It wasnt just the fantasy community that had Guice ranked #2 or #3 on their board.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 06, 2018 9:54 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 am
Except he was rated highly by guys like Daniel Jeremiah, Mike Mayock and Lance Zierlein. It wasnt just the fantasy community that had Guice ranked #2 or #3 on their board.
Mike Mayock had Melvin Gordon above Todd Gurley. Besides, those guys are out of work in the NFL for a reason. I think Guice was the 3rd or 4th back by most teams, which is close, but some teams stayed away because there rankings with other guys were close enough that they would rather go lower risk, in their eyes. All the first round teams that took RB's and the Browns definitely did not have Guice at 2 on their board. I'm not hating on Guice, trust me, I like him a lot, I'm just saying sometimes rankings are off.

Sharif Floyd is a great example. All those guys had him going top 3 or 5. Had the Raiders taking him. He ended up going in the 20's. When asked about it, Reggie McKenzie stated that the media guys hat the DT's overvalued compared to the rest of the NFL in that draft.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun May 06, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun May 06, 2018 9:57 am

Guys like that though are not working for NFL teams currently and realistically - their opinions mean just about nothing. It's fun to talk about and exciting for casual fans to look at their rankings in the pre-draft process; but they are just as reliable as fantasy owners.

A lot more stock should be put into actual NFL teams.

Let's not forget a guy like Jeremiah had ESB as his #4 WR & Auden Tate as his #5 WR.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:18 am

Auden Tate at 5? Gross. Was that after the combine?

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue May 22, 2018 11:49 am

So, for what it's worth, I just took Guice at 3.3 in a 12 team superflex startup

Was hoping one of Fournette, D Cook, or M Gordon would make it to me but no QB rush happened and they all went mid to late 2nd. Looking at the other RBs on my list in that area (D Freeman (close), Mixon, McKinnon, D Henry, J Howard) I realized in my main league I would take the 1.2 over them each by a hair so I'd have to take who I would take at the 1.2 and did
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... story.html

As if the guy needed more motivation. The part about him breaking out in tears after not hearing his name called makes me think he has a new, nasty chip on his shoulder.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Tue May 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... story.html

As if the guy needed more motivation. The part about him breaking out in tears after not hearing his name called makes me think he has a new, nasty chip on his shoulder.
Ferocious runner has more motivation, can’t wait to see him in action
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

johnnymozart
Role Player
Role Player

Guice torn ACL out for year. What's this do to his value in rookie drafts still to come?

Postby johnnymozart » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:48 am

Asking for a friend?

From 1.02 to what pick would you feel comfortable drafting him now? My 14 team .5 ppr draft is tomorrow.

Awful news and condolences to all that drafted already.
My team/Picks (14 Teamer- .5PPR) Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE
QB Lamar Jackson, Russ Wilson, Mills
RB A Gibson, Aaron Jones, Damien Harris, Penny IR, D.Pierce, Haskins
WR ARobinson, KAllen, Mike Evans, Sutton, Amon-Ra, TBoyd, GDavis, Dotson, Pierce
TE Mark Andrews, Goedert, LThomas
K Tucker
2023- No Picks
2024- 2, 2

Rebuild Sad Orphan 12 team .5PPR -- Start 1QB, 2-4 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE

QB. Tua, DJones (IR)
RB Bijan (R), Gibbs (R), J. Conner, TSpears (R), Demercado, J Mason, Z. White
WR Amon-Ra St Brown, Nico Collins, J. Reed (R), R. Shaheed, C.Tillman (R), Osborn, Terrace M, CSamuel, Pierce, Ross
TE Andrews, Ferguson, McBride, Ertz (IR)
DEF- Patriots, Vikings
2024 None
2025 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
2026 2, 3