Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: Guice not top 3 RB to NFL

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:07 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:20 am Teams don't always take what they feels is the best player, but rather the best fit. It sounds like the Seahawks really wanted someone that could also catch and the Pats were likely looking for someone similar to the departed Lewis as they already had 2 down between the tackles grinders on the roster.
If you want a back who can catch, why target Penny?
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:07 am

Cleveland is up with two of the next three picks. Everybody pray that Cleveland doesn't draft a RB :pray:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:17 am

Dookmariot wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:07 am
Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:20 am Teams don't always take what they feels is the best player, but rather the best fit. It sounds like the Seahawks really wanted someone that could also catch and the Pats were likely looking for someone similar to the departed Lewis as they already had 2 down between the tackles grinders on the roster.
If you want a back who can catch, why target Penny?
They seem to think he is good at it.

From Pete Carroll:
Carroll: “He is also going to be a three down back for us and he can do everything. He needs to work on his pass protection which he was not asked to do a lot of. But he will give us the ability to play him on all downs and that versatility is really big.

He’s such an excited player and he’s so versatile and dynamic that we know every time he gets his hands on the ball, he can score a touchdown. That’s in the running game and the passing game because he’s very gifted catching the football and running routes as well. "
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Boomstick
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Boomstick » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:19 am

I was a Guice 1.02 guy 100% and thought that the massive gap between him and Barkley may have closed slightly leading up to the draft. Then I saw him interviewed before the draft last night. The reports of teams being concerned about his maturity are legitimate... he sounded like a 15 year old. That said, not sure how much of an impact his (lack of) maturity will have on his draft position.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:17 am From Pete Carroll:
Carroll: “He is also going to be a three down back for us and he can do everything. He needs to work on his pass protection which he was not asked to do a lot of. But he will give us the ability to play him on all downs and that versatility is really big."
I like Penny, but this is what I am so confused about though. Why does Pete hate Russell Wilson so much? Protecting him is the one thing the Seahawks need to be focusing on. Also, being a good pass protector is pretty essential for an every down RB, no?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 am

Which is why Chris Carson wins the job!
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 am

I'm not sure that NEP and SEA taking Michel and Penny over Guice indicates that he is not considered a top 3 RB to the rest of the NFL. :think:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

bobandrews
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bobandrews » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 am

I'm holding 1.02 in both my leagues and have RB needs in both. Last night gave me pause but unless Guise slips a lot further I'm still on board.
Minnesota Fighting Saints 2020 League Champs
16 Team, 22 player in-season, 26 player off-season, .5 PPR, 4 Rd Rookie draft
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1K
QB- Mahomes, Bridgewater, Eason
RB- DCook, Aaron Jones, Duke Johnson, Hyde, Kelley, Cohen
WR- Watkins, S Shepard, C Godwin, Gallup, AJ Brown, S Sims, Reagor, Coutee, Patrick, Hansen
TE- Howard, Burton, Engram, Arnold
K- Butker, Succop

Also:
I commish the Ed Hughes Football League. Founded 1980. Limited Keeper/non-dynasty. Our 41th season!

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/44355

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:10 am

i cant see the browns passing on both guice or chubb with one of their 2 early 2nd rounders.

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 am

Boomstick wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:19 am I was a Guice 1.02 guy 100% and thought that the massive gap between him and Barkley may have closed slightly leading up to the draft. Then I saw him interviewed before the draft last night. The reports of teams being concerned about his maturity are legitimate... he sounded like a 15 year old. That said, not sure how much of an impact his (lack of) maturity will have on his draft position.
He didn't even sound like an intelligent 15 year old.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:17 am

jman3134 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 am Which is why Chris Carson wins the job!

I'd bet against this ^ with confidence. But.... as always, anything could happen.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:26 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 am I'm not sure that NEP and SEA taking Michel and Penny over Guice indicates that he is not considered a top 3 RB to the rest of the NFL. :think:
Different teams and talent evaluators garner different results. Very true.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am

I am not surprised about Guice not going in the 1st. Especially with teams questioning his character, maturity and what type of teammate he would be rather openly.

Chubb is vastly overrated by this community and probably should be the 6th RB off the board. He should not even be considered in the 1st.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:41 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am I am not surprised about Guice not going in the 1st. Especially with teams questioning his character, maturity and what type of teammate he would be rather openly.

Chubb is vastly overrated by this community and probably should be the 6th RB off the board. He should not even be considered in the 1st.

In rookie drafts? Come on. Not even considered? Maybe not on your board, but I think you are vastly underrating him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 am

JFever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:17 am
jman3134 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 am Which is why Chris Carson wins the job!

I'd bet against this ^ with confidence. But.... as always, anything could happen.
You're on. Draft capital be damned.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D