Sony Michel Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Michel to the Pats

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:58 am

your burkhead share is likely just as valuable as it was prior to the selection of michel, the fact is none of these guys should have too high of value, imo

heck the last 1st round rb for the pats was Maroney and he lasted 4 seasons (maxing out at around 1k total yards and 6 TD...high of 9TD in a season) and then got traded and then released by the Broncos, 5 year career with nothing more than 3 seasons of being relevant as a RB 2 type.

I HATE THIS LANDING SPOT....and im real sad cuz i loved Michel haha
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:14 am

Patriots RB's aren't worth the headache.

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:36 am

I like the spot tbh. Michel has the pedigree and the rest are replaceable. If you think the league isn’t a copycat league, you are wrong. I’m sure Belichick and company have watched Kamara and have drooled over him with Brady. Well, now they got their guy. It’s not like the Patriots are loaded with weapons. Gronk, Edelman (I guess, but he’s coming off an acl and is pretty old), then who? I’d say Michel is the next guy, and targets are plentiful in New England
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:40 am

ascherb wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:06 pm Why is it a big deal to have separate threads for individual noteworthy players?

I own 1.03 and 1.05 and so I want to read peoples thoughts on Michel without sitting through 10 pages of non-Michel related posts.
This. I don't get it either. Search function? Really?? Lol I'm not really sure what the obsessive need to keep the threads to a minimum is all about. The more the merrier, and quite frankly, I'd rather have a thread about each player than a 17 page on them all. Multiple threads on the same guy I can start to understand.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:40 am
ascherb wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:06 pm Why is it a big deal to have separate threads for individual noteworthy players?

I own 1.03 and 1.05 and so I want to read peoples thoughts on Michel without sitting through 10 pages of non-Michel related posts.
This. I don't get it either. Search function? Really?? Lol I'm not really sure what the obsessive need to keep the threads to a minimum is all about. The more the merrier, and quite frankly, I'd rather have a thread about each player than a 17 page on them all. Multiple threads on the same guy I can start to understand.
X2
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am

Michel to the Pats is a little weird. If you liked Michel than this plus the rumors about his knee problem may provide opportunities to acquire him. If you didn't like Michel, this probably isn't the landing spot to change your opinion.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

HundPRM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby HundPRM » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm Just post this stuff in the 2018 NFL draft thread so we don't have 500 threads about players.
Guess we know who wants the forum police job that got vacated ... :lol: :lol:
Did Coogan leave? If so, I need to celebrate.
12 Team PPR Dynasty
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex
QB: Tom Brady - Deshaun Watson - Nick Foles
RB: Melvin Gordon - Devonta Freeman - Jay Ajayi - Marshawn Lynch - Lamar Miller - Kalen Ballage
WR: Alshon Jeffery - TY Hilton - Emmanuel Sanders - Marvin Jones - Josh Gordon - DeVante Parker - Jordy Nelson - Sterling Shepard - Dede Westbrook - Antonio Callaway - Isaiah Ford
TE: Tyler Eifert - Eric Ebron - Tyler Kroft - Gerald Everett

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:03 am

At this rate I feel like the push will be to have one thread discussing everything about the NFL. Lol. To me individual threads help facilitate more discussion on the singular target rather than moving on to the next pick. Don't see the big deal though since these are threads on fantasy relevant skill guys.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:22 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am Michel to the Pats is a little weird. If you liked Michel than this plus the rumors about his knee problem may provide opportunities to acquire him. If you didn't like Michel, this probably isn't the landing spot to change your opinion.
I don't like him all that much but I think I might be starting at an opportunity to draft him in the several leagues I have 1.07 now whereas he seemed way out of reach before.

If Chubb/Guice/RoJo go to good spots in the 2nd round it seems like Sony will probably be the last of the big 6 RBs in many drafts and most seem to have bumped Ridley up into the top 6 with his landing spot.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:58 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am Michel to the Pats is a little weird. If you liked Michel than this plus the rumors about his knee problem may provide opportunities to acquire him. If you didn't like Michel, this probably isn't the landing spot to change your opinion.
I'm actually the opposite I really liked Michel, but the reports on his knee was red flag then he gets drafted by the Patriots now i wouldn't touch him with the 1.05. I really was hoping he slid to me at that spot because I feel like he has 3rd Down capabilities, but when have the Patriots ever Utilize a back as a workhorse. The Michel best skill is pass catching but they have other RB's that can do it, plus they spread the ball too much for my liking. I'll pass on that too many red flags for me.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:13 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am
GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:40 am

X2
X3 - I don't see an issue with there being dedicated thread to a landing spot of one of the top rookie skill position players. What's the big deal?

I find this spot really interesting - when the Pats got Dion going, wasn't he a big part of their offense and a consistent fantasy contributor? Pats took Michel in the 1st, I feel like they are going to commit serious touches to him (unless he falls on his face in camp). I think this might be a better spot than we think...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:15 am

HundPRM wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 am
ArrylT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm Just post this stuff in the 2018 NFL draft thread so we don't have 500 threads about players.
Guess we know who wants the forum police job that got vacated ... :lol: :lol:
Did Coogan leave? If so, I need to celebrate.
Apparently I was playing "Dad" last night. :doh: Sorry to all. I was severely intoxicated, and got confused with all the threads. I think my intoxication was the greater issue in my confusion. My bad.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 am

At the moment they James White, Burkhead, Jeremy Hill, Mike Gillislee and Michel. Both Burkhead and White are capable Pass catchers which i think is Michel best attribute. I just hate the way New England uses their RB, its to sporadic for my liking
Last edited by brooklynkid on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 am

What're the odds I can get him at 1.6?

1-2 will still be Barkley and Guice. Pick 4 guy has a top 3 he says (which I think includes Chubb if available) and sounds like he would go Penny over Michel perhaps. Pick 5 right before me is our league idiot, who will either take a CBS fantasy consensus pick, or something batshit crazy off the wall. Kinda hoping he likes Moore
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 am

Right on, brother.