Love Ridley to the Falcons

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Love Ridley to the Falcons

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:14 pmI don't expect a high level of production from Ridley as the #3 WR.
I believe Ridley is polished enough to be the starter opposite Julio in 2-wide sets immediately, and then in 3-wide he moves to the slot with Sanu on the outside.
reevaluating Sanu's contract (or cutting him) seems more feasible.
Is Sanu's contract too rich or something? If not, I don't see why the Falcons wouldn't keep him. He's useful.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:18 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:31 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:14 pmI don't expect a high level of production from Ridley as the #3 WR.
I believe Ridley is polished enough to be the starter opposite Julio in 2-wide sets immediately, and then in 3-wide he moves to the slot with Sanu on the outside.
reevaluating Sanu's contract (or cutting him) seems more feasible.
Is Sanu's contract too rich or something? If not, I don't see why the Falcons wouldn't keep him. He's useful.
I remembered Sanu's deal in 2016 getting ridiculed. That said, it's 6 mil a year, which doesn't seem excessive. I don't know how Atlanta's cap shapes up the next few years, especially with Ryan up for an extension, and Julio coming to the end of his deal.

If Ridley struggles as bad against the press as some talk, I think he'll start out strictly in the slot. Still useful.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:57 am

Looking at Sanu's deal now, I think the guaranteed money was probably more than he warranted, but six million for him in 2018 isn't too bad. He's a reliable WR2/3 with good size and play-strength for blocking in space, which Shanahan utilized effectively in '16. Nice PFF grade of 81 last year, too. If anyone remembers Kevin Walter on the Texans years ago, Sanu reminds me of him. Walter had an unglamorous but respectable career, and so will Sanu, I think.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:00 am

With the way Julio Jones recently deleted all Falcons pics from his account on twitter, I'm not so sure Ridley was drafted to be the No.2. Falcons officials say they are all good to go, but really strange this move comes now by Julio..to delete his Falcons pics.

Ridley as a No.2 in Atlanta doesn't set my pants on fire, but Ridley as a No.1, even if I'm not high on him, moves up the ladder big. In that scenario I'll have to trust the drafting teams personnel department over my own speculations and prognostications.

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 am

Love it.
Just secured him at the 1.7

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:41 pm

NY CAT wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 am Love it.
Just secured him at the 1.7
Gonna be the steal of the draft imo
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:28 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:57 am Looking at Sanu's deal now, I think the guaranteed money was probably more than he warranted, but six million for him in 2018 isn't too bad. He's a reliable WR2/3 with good size and play-strength for blocking in space, which Shanahan utilized effectively in '16. Nice PFF grade of 81 last year, too. If anyone remembers Kevin Walter on the Texans years ago, Sanu reminds me of him. Walter had an unglamorous but respectable career, and so will Sanu, I think.
He was very effective his first year in Atlanta, less so his 2nd. How much of that is attributable to going from Shanahan to Sarkisian at OC? I remember Kevin Walter and, while he was useful, not certain I'd want my team to spend 6 mil a year on him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 04, 2018 8:04 pm

For those that have watched the most Ridley tape - is there any truth to some of the talk I've been hearing about comparing him to a Roddy White?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 pm

bucsrule wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:00 am With the way Julio Jones recently deleted all Falcons pics from his account on twitter, I'm not so sure Ridley was drafted to be the No.2. Falcons officials say they are all good to go, but really strange this move comes now by Julio..to delete his Falcons pics.

Ridley as a No.2 in Atlanta doesn't set my pants on fire, but Ridley as a No.1, even if I'm not high on him, moves up the ladder big. In that scenario I'll have to trust the drafting teams personnel department over my own speculations and prognostications.
I think Julio does move on in a year or two or three. I'm not sure if it makes sense to have his huge salary if hes not producing at an ELITE level. If he's not one of the top 3 receivers (production wise) in the league year in and year out i think it would be hard to justify investing so much in him from a team building standpoint (look at Nelson in GB). And Beasley won't be cheap to keep and the money has to come from somewhere. Unless they get to super bowl I would suspect Julio and Freeman will be moving on in the next couple of years.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu May 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Needalife wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:26 pm I'm not spending a high pick on a team's #2 WR. Matty Ice doesn't really support a ton of pass catchers in fantasy. I love it for the Falcons but am totally lukewarm on it for fantasy.
Seems like Juju could have helped you win a fantasy championship or two last year. So while it's not sexy, drafting a #2 on a good offense might be all that's needed.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu May 17, 2018 3:24 pm

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_a3hbkjod/

Ridley workout video. Some nice hands drills

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Was in love with Ridley and finally never grabbed him once in 4 drafts...It's Kirk i took two times whose once at 1.14 and i consider it as a real steal. Was ready to draft Ridley at 1.07 but finally traded for Mixon. Too much need at RB position.

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Thu May 17, 2018 10:19 pm

I think Ridley going to the Falcons is one of the best landing spots possible. The Falcons still have a good offense and they are (and have been for a while) looking for the next Roddy White. It's going to be a bit annoying watching Saints vs. Falcons games with my buddy though as he is a huge Alabama and Falcons fan and I am gonna have to hear Ridley chants all bleep game. God I wanted him to go to a different team lol
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:56 am

After a disappointing week 1, Ridley was used often this week and had the numbers to prove it. As advertised, he looked like a great route runner. Any other insights?