Martavis Bryant to the Raiders

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Martavis Bryant to the Raiders

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:25 am

The way people are talking it's like there is some expectation the Raiders will be a high octane offense..

You're going to be disappointed.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:15 pm

79th pick is worth the risk for Bryant
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:20 pm Don't like it for real life or for fantasy.
Raiders keep doing things I hate.
He was basically free, why hate it?
How was he free?
We moved back, reached on a tackle then traded for this disaster - there were top end defenders on the board we should have taken.

I appreciate you being optimistic but the Raiders are going to be awful. Reggie continues to be clueless. He has zero long term vision.

Not to mention, we could have gotten a more promising rookie under contract for multiple years instead of an overrated headcase in a contract year.
So you think Reggie made this call? I see Gruden the 100 million dollar man making all the calls in Oakland now.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Tsunami wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 am Anyone think this says bad things about Jordy?
this

my initial thought was that jordy must not be able to get down the field. i had bought a few shares of jordy but now will be selling in my drafts. i dont think this is good news for nelson owners at all.

id anticipate that we will see cooper move in and out of the slot and see a healthy dose of targets next year.

it certainly helps mb's value, which was nill....but as mentioned...its going to take some time on the field (out of trouble) before any type of "value" rebounds.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:52 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 pmSo you think Reggie made this call? I see Gruden the 100 million dollar man making all the calls in Oakland now.
It could be Reggie, Gruden or a collaboration.
Reggie has made a ton of stupid decision himself, so it isn't exactly beyond him.
maxhyde wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:15 pm 79th pick is worth the risk for Bryant
For a talented team who maybe has a chance of competing - I could MAYBE see this argument.
That description does not fit the Raiders, as much as it pains me.

We're talking a guy in his contract year - and even IF the Raiders re-sign him, we're expecting THIS GUY to stay clean in Vegas?

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:58 pm

gruden is slalom skiing on fire through a course of barrels filled with rocket fuel with all the raider nations hopes and dreams on his back - the inevitable fiery crash will be a when and not if scenario ! I feel for dook and phaded and the rest of the raider guys here as it will be a lake of fire ending . The raiders were the steelers biggest foes of my youth and while I have never liked them they were a damned serious bunch of hombres. The 70s steeler /raider games were on par with the early 21st century steeler raven games for outright warfare .The silver and black were always respected .
They have become save the one year recent table dance an abysmal laughingstock franchise and as a long time football fan it is sad . The cowboy and patriots fair weather fans that pile on the band wagon deserve what the raiders fans have gotten and the raiders fans deserve so much better .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:16 pm

sloth8u wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pm
Tsunami wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 am Anyone think this says bad things about Jordy?
this

my initial thought was that jordy must not be able to get down the field. i had bought a few shares of jordy but now will be selling in my drafts. i dont think this is good news for nelson owners at all.

id anticipate that we will see cooper move in and out of the slot and see a healthy dose of targets next year.

it certainly helps mb's value, which was nill....but as mentioned...its going to take some time on the field (out of trouble) before any type of "value" rebounds.
No. Jordy is going to be used differently. He's not a field stretcher anymore. I love the move, short term. Nobody in the 3rd can step on the field and be playmaker day 1.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:16 pm
sloth8u wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pm
this

No. Jordy is going to be used differently. He's not a field stretcher anymore. I love the move, short term, for the Raiders. Nobody in the 3rd can step on the field and be playmaker day 1.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:51 pm

I think we’re completely dismissing how good Bryant is if he’s focused and used properly. He was electric in the playoffs a few years ago and then jammed himself up with weed in 16 and a bad attitude in 17.
If his head is right and his pee is clean he can be the alien that we saw a few years back. I’m buying.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:16 pm No. Jordy is going to be used differently. He's not a field stretcher anymore. I love the move, short term. Nobody in the 3rd can step on the field and be playmaker day 1.

I concur. This seems like a better move to make than a later pick on say a Callaway or a Lasley (other high risk reward guys) since Bryant has already flashed something at least. But we shall see! They have enough picks I wouldnt be surprised if they draft a guy who falls into Day 3 that could have been a Day 2 grade.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:43 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would dislike this move. Seems like a win win for player and team. Is it too far fetched to say Martavious is Oaklands best WR?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:49 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:43 pm I'm not sure why anyone would dislike this move. Seems like a win win for player and team. Is it too far fetched to say Martavious is Oaklands best WR?
He fits a role that is needed for that team. I think Cooper is the better all round receiver, when he gets his head right, but it just makes the offense much better and more dynamic.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:32 am

I love this for my Cooper shares and I’d like it for my Jordy shares if I had any of those. I think Bryant functions as a field stretcher and allows Cooper and Nelson to get more snaps in the slot where they’ll have cushier matchups. Bryant doesn’t take many targets away but his long speed makes the whole offense more efficient.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:39 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 pm He’s not WR3 ... that’s Jordy right now
So you see Seth Roberts as the WR2 there, then...? ;)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:08 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pmid anticipate that we will see cooper move in and out of the slot and see a healthy dose of targets next year.
I actually wasn't a fan of the Nelson move- they cut Crabtree to potentially diversify the offense, then bring in another WR in Nelson that doesn't attack downfield well.

Bringing in Martavis addresses that, while allowing them to go 3 wide with Cooper in the slot. Given Gruden seems to be calling the shots and just brought in Nelson and Bryant while he inherited Cooper, I think Amari could be the WR at greatest risk if Gruden wants to keep to a traditional 2 WR set (with a fullback?!).
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def