Martavis Bryant to the Raiders

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Martavis Bryant to the Raiders

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 pm

A third round pick. Massive overpay. Poor Oakland. Will be a dumpster fire in a couple years.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:20 pm Don't like it for real life or for fantasy.
Raiders keep doing things I hate.
He was basically free, why hate it?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 pm A third round pick. Massive overpay. Poor Oakland. Will be a dumpster fire in a couple years.
Free. Free. They got a guy they were willing to take at 10. They traded a pick they didn't have about 10 minutes ago. Ridiculous. Still got an extra 5th. Who would come in and immediatly be able to play on an NFL field in that role? Great move. It's no risk. Zona gave them that pick because they wanted a QB, and the Raiders got the LT they needed in a division of elite pass rushers anyway. I don't always defend Reggie, but this was easy money.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:55 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 pm I think it is good for Oakland if Bryant can learn to improve his routes from Jordy & Amari.

Put Jordy in the slot, Bryant as the deep threat and Amari as the chain mover - I wont complain!
if he didn't learn to run routes from antonio brown I question whether jordy or cooper will have an impact on his game ....... his attitude has sucked , I don't see it as a loss at all for the steelers and little gain for the raiders .... in fact I think the next failed drug test is in ......3......2.....1........ any day now !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:20 pm Don't like it for real life or for fantasy.
He was basically free, why hate it?
How was he free?
We moved back, reached on a tackle then traded for this disaster - there were top end defenders on the board we should have taken.

I appreciate you being optimistic but the Raiders are going to be awful. Reggie continues to be clueless. He has zero long term vision.

Not to mention, we could have gotten a more promising rookie under contract for multiple years instead of an overrated headcase in a contract year.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:17 am

You and me both. Oh well - only 10 more years of Gruden.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:58 am

Definitely good for MB dynasty value. He had no value on the Steelers. Oakland paid a pretty good price for MB so should be a nice bump for MB owners. I still think he is a hold. Not sure people are going to want to give fair value for him at this point. You can expect a little better offer than last week but not by much.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:07 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:32 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 pm A third round pick. Massive overpay. Poor Oakland. Will be a dumpster fire in a couple years.
Free. Free. They got a guy they were willing to take at 10. They traded a pick they didn't have about 10 minutes ago. Ridiculous. Still got an extra 5th. Who would come in and immediatly be able to play on an NFL field in that role? Great move. It's no risk. Zona gave them that pick because they wanted a QB, and the Raiders got the LT they needed in a division of elite pass rushers anyway. I don't always defend Reggie, but this was easy money.
Exactly. :clap:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:11 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:55 am
ArrylT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 pm I think it is good for Oakland if Bryant can learn to improve his routes from Jordy & Amari.

Put Jordy in the slot, Bryant as the deep threat and Amari as the chain mover - I wont complain!
if he didn't learn to run routes from antonio brown I question whether jordy or cooper will have an impact on his game ....... his attitude has sucked , I don't see it as a loss at all for the steelers and little gain for the raiders .... in fact I think the next failed drug test is in ......3......2.....1........ any day now !
Maybe Antonio Brown wasnt the type of player who wanted to teach/help? You'd probably have a better perspective on that but I've never heard of Brown as being the leader / mentor type. Today it seems he is more busy chastising all the teams that ignored him on draft day 8 years ago ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 am

Anyone think this says bad things about Jordy?

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:32 pm
Not free. Sure they still got the player they wanted with their 1st, but you have to look at what else they could have gotten for that 3rd round pick. There are a lot of contributors drafted in the third round, and they aren't close to being suspended or nearing the end of their rookie contract.
Last edited by Lotto4Life on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:03 am

It IS a steep price to pay for one (ONE!) year of a twice suspended player, especially given the Raiders needs on the other side of the ball.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:04 am

Tsunami wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 am Anyone think this says bad things about Jordy?
Not really. He was always a short term solution and Roberts is the guy getting moved immediately. Cooper seems like the guys getting moved to the slot and they seemed to draw out taking his fifth year option. Felt a bit like warning shots.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:08 am

As a Marty B truther I am pleased. Jordy is old and I see him being used more like Fitz in the slot, he'll get a good share of TDs. Amari is the PPR guy, the chain mover. Martavis will have the same role he had with the Steelers but I think he'll get more targets. Juju is the heir apparent now and his value should get a bump since he no longer has to compete with MB. It is a contract year for MB so he'll be on his best behavior. I'm pretty sure he has some kind of mental/personality disorder, so I hope that his support system goes with him to Oakland/Las Vegas, the good thing was that when he was suspended, he trained in Vegas so I like this move for him in that regard.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:12 am

Wondering if this is the last year of Bryant's contract? Could see him blow up in a "prove it" situation

Edit: Sorry i should have read all the posts before posting! I see it IS his contract year
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons