My shock of the draft, the Browns trade out of the top 4, yep, both picks

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: My shock of the draft, the Browns trade out of the top 4, yep, both picks

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:19 am

I think they should take Darnold 1 and trade out of 4 for a haul.... but what do I know.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:26 am

I want them to finally get their QB and draft two QBs. Who cares if there's not enough reps to go around. Let them compete, evaluate them mentally, and let them get their reps when the media isn't looking so they can save any value of the lesser guy. Then, trade one of them away next year, in the not so good 2019 QB class for a haul... no loss of investment, and you'll have less risk getting a chance to really evaluate the guys and lessen your chance of missing. Their value will be relatively insulated if they don't see the field. It's just the most important position on the field. With out ARod, the Packers were thought of just slightly better than the Browns, with him, they are SB contenders. Find the right guy, then worry about the other positions.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:31 am

kamihamster wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:26 am I want them to finally get their QB and draft two QBs. Who cares if there's not enough reps to go around. Let them compete, evaluate them mentally, and let them get their reps when the media isn't looking so they can save any value of the lesser guy. Then, trade one of them away next year, in the not so good 2019 QB class for a haul... no loss of investment, and you'll have less risk getting a chance to really evaluate the guys and lessen your chance of missing. Their value will be relatively insulated if they don't see the field. It's just the most important position on the field. With out ARod, the Packers were thought of just slightly better than the Browns, with him, they are SB contenders. Find the right guy, then worry about the other positions.
I understand the logic, but I think the Browns would get lambasted if they used two top 5 picks on QBs in the same draft. Now if they had a well rounded roster and QB was the only thing holding them back, then MAYBE. They should take a QB, then take Chubb or move back for even more draft capital. They need to vastly improve that defense if they plan on supplanting the Steelers within the next year or two.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:58 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:31 am
kamihamster wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:26 am I want them to finally get their QB and draft two QBs. Who cares if there's not enough reps to go around. Let them compete, evaluate them mentally, and let them get their reps when the media isn't looking so they can save any value of the lesser guy. Then, trade one of them away next year, in the not so good 2019 QB class for a haul... no loss of investment, and you'll have less risk getting a chance to really evaluate the guys and lessen your chance of missing. Their value will be relatively insulated if they don't see the field. It's just the most important position on the field. With out ARod, the Packers were thought of just slightly better than the Browns, with him, they are SB contenders. Find the right guy, then worry about the other positions.
I understand the logic, but I think the Browns would get lambasted if they used two top 5 picks on QBs in the same draft. Now if they had a well rounded roster and QB was the only thing holding them back, then MAYBE. They should take a QB, then take Chubb or move back for even more draft capital. They need to vastly improve that defense if they plan on supplanting the Steelers within the next year or two.
They take a QB at 1, they miss, and they get Barkley/Chubb/trade down when one of the big 4 was still on the board and ends up being a franchise QB for another team. They get fired. They get two they both miss, they get fired. If they find their franchise QB and it takes them two top 5 picks to do it, all will be forgive so long as that one of them is that guy. They don't necessarily have to go from zero to hero either. Their fans want to see progress. Winning sells tickets, they don't have to win the ship, they just have to turn it around. It's logical because it's the smart thing to do. For such an important position, why not truly go all-in?
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 pm

^ Because none of these qbs are truly game changing.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:15 pm

So far as the QB situation goes, I don't think enough people appreciate that some quite solid QB prospects could still be available through early Day 2. I really don't think there's such a huge chasm in prospect quality between someone like Darnold and Lamar Jackson. I believe the only QB in this class with tape even close to justifying 'must have above all the others' status is Rosen, and of course he's not actually at that point because of his perceived character flaws.

Thus, Browns really could trade down both picks and still come out with a solid QB prospect to develop behind Taylor. I don't think them trading out of the top 4 is really so crazy a thought.
jman3134 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 pm ^ Because none of these qbs are truly game changing.
Rosen or Jackson might be. But, ironically, neither of these guys are likely to require 1.1 or 1.4 to acquire.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:24 pm

I think this is the biggest issue. None of these QB's are screaming "have to take with the #1". To me that would be enough concern where i would trade out and put pieces in place on my team to fill holes. The Browns have made some big time decisions this offseason and people can debate them either way. One thing that cant be debated is the fact that Cleveland has plenty of talent to compete now. If i wasnt truly sold on one of these guys being an absolute game changing QB, i am passing. I will take my chances with Tyrod and keep getting better. I honestly think Tyrod is much better than most give him credit for so i could be a little biased.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:39 pm

^ I hate Tyrod's game, but I see some qb depth in Kyle Lauletta, Mike White, etc.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm

The only distinct flaw I see in Taylor's tape is a hesitancy to target tight windows between the hash-marks. Aside from that, he plays great, especially considering the pitiful weapons he's had at his disposal.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Mad Macedonian
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mad Macedonian » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Browns select Mayfield at 1. Jets REALLY wanted him so they trade Cleveland #3 pick and more for him. Giants select Darnold. Broncos want Allen really bad so they trade Browns for the #3 pick giving #5 and more. Cleveland pick Barkley and then Chubb, then use all the extra traded for picks they got to come up and get Rosen.

Totally doable.
12X25 Dynasty, 1.0 PPR, 6 pt all TDs Start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLEX/1TE/1K/1D

Rodgers, Tannehill
Kamara, Edwards, Foreman, Henderson, Mack, Michel, Scott, Taylor
Aiyuk, Metcalf, Hopkins, Diggs, Godwin, DJ Moore, Sutton, Mooney, Atwell, OBJ, Duvernay, Reagor
Goedert, Irv Smith
Stream K
Stream D

2022 1.01, 1.02, 3.07
2023 1, 1, 2, 3

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Lamar Jackson doesn't get drafted tonight

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:32 pm

kamihamster wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:58 am They take a QB at 1, they miss, and they get Barkley/Chubb/trade down when one of the big 4 was still on the board and ends up being a franchise QB for another team. They get fired. They get two they both miss, they get fired. If they find their franchise QB and it takes them two top 5 picks to do it, all will be forgive so long as that one of them is that guy. They don't necessarily have to go from zero to hero either. Their fans want to see progress. Winning sells tickets, they don't have to win the ship, they just have to turn it around. It's logical because it's the smart thing to do. For such an important position, why not truly go all-in?
That's fine, take two QBs. But it had better not be in the first round. Follow the Redskins draft from a few years ago and take a 2nd QB in round 3 or later so you can still get another high end player in the first round. None of these guys are sure things.
HOWEVER: Cleveland busting on TWO top 5 QB picks would certainly bring a new level to their QB struggles. If I'm a GM, I certainly don't want that potential label as being worse than my predecessors! :shock: :lol:
Do the smart thing and just take 1 QB in the first round.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Mad Macedonian wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:15 pm Browns select Mayfield at 1. Jets REALLY wanted him so they trade Cleveland #3 pick and more for him. Giants select Darnold. Broncos want Allen really bad so they trade Browns for the #3 pick giving #5 and more. Cleveland pick Barkley and then Chubb, then use all the extra traded for picks they got to come up and get Rosen.

Totally doable.
You clever bastard

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:34 pm
Mad Macedonian wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:15 pm Browns select Mayfield at 1. Jets REALLY wanted him so they trade Cleveland #3 pick and more for him. Giants select Darnold. Broncos want Allen really bad so they trade Browns for the #3 pick giving #5 and more. Cleveland pick Barkley and then Chubb, then use all the extra traded for picks they got to come up and get Rosen.

Totally doable.
You clever bastard
If this actually happened..... :dance:

First time using an emoji.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:09 pm

kamihamster wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:58 am
Gtdano_14 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:31 am
They take a QB at 1, they miss, and they get Barkley/Chubb/trade down when one of the big 4 was still on the board and ends up being a franchise QB for another team. They get fired. They get two they both miss, they get fired. If they find their franchise QB and it takes them two top 5 picks to do it, all will be forgive so long as that one of them is that guy. They don't necessarily have to go from zero to hero either. Their fans want to see progress. Winning sells tickets, they don't have to win the ship, they just have to turn it around. It's logical because it's the smart thing to do. For such an important position, why not truly go all-in?
Because you should have nearly zero faith in Hue Jackson not destroying their confidence as he flips between the two and Tyrod Taylor in a desperate effort to save his job.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker