Is there any draft result that could bring the Barkley hype back to earth?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Is there any draft result that could bring the Barkley hype back to earth?

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:09 pm

From a redraft or 1 year view, I think Cleveland is an awful spot, assuming Hyde and Duke are present opening day.

Also because Cleveland is a disease.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:12 pm

If he goes to the Rams, cowboys, Cardinals, chiefs, jags, or Bengals.

Obviously non of these will happen, but if they did I wouldn't be surprised if barkely slipped a spot or two in rookie drafts and in redraft.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:46 pm

The worst option that's theoretically even possible would be Buffalo drafting him at #12
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:15 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:46 pm The worst option that's theoretically even possible would be Buffalo drafting him at #12
As a Bills fan, I agree. The offensive line is in shambles and sharing time with McCoy would be brutal. Not to mention the team not having a QB, Barkley will face 8 man fronts all game
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm

His hype would cool just a bit if he went to the Browns, because, well, Browns. Still dumpster fire material till they prove otherwise on the field for the first time in decades. Never mind the 3-headed RB monster they'd have, but that would likely only be this year and maybe next.

His hype would cool just a tad bit more if he falls in the NFL draft to like the mid-round to another dumpster fire like the Bills, or if Guice goes ahead of him, like a few others suggested. Both of these scenarios would be completely shocking though.

Either way, we're honestly way, way past him not being the 1.1 - even with any of the above scenarios happening.

The hype isn't just real, it's immutable.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:20 pm

If you don't have the 1.1 pick, then I see 2 ways to acquire Barkley:

1) Wait until the season starts & hope that he gets off to a slow start. Pounce then. Or maybe he gets injured in preseason? Injuries happen

2) Join a new startup league and draft Barkley in round 1.

2 years ago, I had the rights to Zeke in a few leagues, and owners would come to me & say "I need Zeke. I'm a huge Ohio State fan. etc etc". I told them I would refer them to good some good dynasty startups so they can join a new league & be able to secure Zeke in the 1st round.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:50 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm His hype would cool just a bit if he went to the Browns, because, well, Browns. Still dumpster fire material till they prove otherwise on the field for the first time in decades. Never mind the 3-headed RB monster they'd have, but that would likely only be this year and maybe next.

His hype would cool just a tad bit more if he falls in the NFL draft to like the mid-round to another dumpster fire like the Bills, or if Guice goes ahead of him, like a few others suggested. Both of these scenarios would be completely shocking though.

Either way, we're honestly way, way past him not being the 1.1 - even with any of the above scenarios happening.

The hype isn't just real, it's immutable.
This, him going in the top 8 is pretty much baked into his value already so that shouldn't lower his value. Unless he did go to rams cows or jags his value won't drop unless there is a video of him smoking weed or punching girls. Even going to the Steelers would be seen as a plus rather than a minus, people would assume bell is out at that point.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Guess I am in the minority here. I like Cleveland as a landing spot. They've made a string of good decisions. And I really like Haley as their OC.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Buffalo / NY Jets - because apart from their limited talent at the other positions (to draw attention away from Barkley) he'll face Belichick 2x a year, and if anyone is going to succeed at game planning against Barkley (and they will), you can be sure it will be him.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:06 pm

jordanzs wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:20 pm If you don't have the 1.1 pick, then I see 2 ways to acquire Barkley:

1) Wait until the season starts & hope that he gets off to a slow start. Pounce then. Or maybe he gets injured in preseason? Injuries happen

2) Join a new startup league and draft Barkley in round 1.

2 years ago, I had the rights to Zeke in a few leagues, and owners would come to me & say "I need Zeke. I'm a huge Ohio State fan. etc etc". I told them I would refer them to good some good dynasty startups so they can join a new league & be able to secure Zeke in the 1st round.
About 2 months ago the 1.01 went with the 4th pick of the start up. I'm sure he'll be going 1.01 in some start ups right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Unless there's some serious medical concern we don't know about, then no.

Barkley is as sure a thing as you'll ever see in rookie drafts and frankly, he's the only sure thing in this class.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:13 pm Unless there's some serious medical concern we don't know about, then no.

Barkley is as sure a thing as you'll ever see in rookie drafts and frankly, he's the only sure thing in this class.
Well, close to a sure thing. People are expecting Gurley type production though, so he's not a sure thing for the expectations. As far as I know, Nick Chubb's medicals came back clean. He's as sure as Barkley is to me, for what he is. He's not the 3 down back Barkley is, but he's a 2 down back and has basically everything Barkley does minus the pass catching as a prospect. College production at a major school, elite athleticism. He's been a top prospect since high school and has done nothing to change his trajectory to the pros.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:02 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pm Guess I am in the minority here. I like Cleveland as a landing spot. They've made a string of good decisions. And I really like Haley as their OC.
I take as many shots at the browns as anyone here pretty much ( apologies skip the steeler fan in me cannot help it ) but my serious question is when will someone hire sashi brown to run their team ? He made some bad picks and over drafted a bunch of guys like seth devalve , louis & higgins and then passing on watson & wentz ; the flip side damn he piled up some serious draft capital .
He was hamstrung ultimately by the owner no shock and huge axson. He did avoid aj mccarron at the peril of his own job & he set up browns for a chance to build a monster
He has some serious fanboys in the expert community like evan silva and matt kelley so he doesn't need me cheerleading for him . That said he should never be allowed to make another pick but why would any team have him doing deals and acquiring draft capital and making deals for them and then let football guys use the picks to "get it right".
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:46 am

JTLoh wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am He could fall off the stage and break his leg right after his name gets called.
That would not change anything, unless the legs needs to be amputated. Then he COULD drop to 1.02.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:00 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pm Guess I am in the minority here. I like Cleveland as a landing spot. They've made a string of good decisions. And I really like Haley as their OC.
It's not so much the quality of the coaches as it is the quality of the owner
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks