Dynasty league themes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Dynasty league themes

Postby jordanzs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

I’m in a bunch of leagues and have owners who overlap into them.

So I like to keep a familiar theme across all of my team names and extend that into my themed leagues.

My standard team name is The Human Centipedes. Go see the movie if you haven’t yet watched it. I’m surprised that it didn’t win any oscars.

So in my Star Wars league, my team name is:

The Human Solopedes

In my 80’s sci-fi league, my team name is:

The Human Tronipedes. I chose that team name so I could make a franchise logo of 3 light cycles being sewed bleep to mouth.

And in my Rockstars league, well yup you guessed it:

The Human League of Centipedes. Sing along “don’t you want me baby. Don’t you want me oooOooooo”.

Good times!

zacharyringer12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zacharyringer12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:38 am

Any other ideas? Bunch of great ones so far

zacharyringer12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zacharyringer12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 am

UnsafeAtAnySpd wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:00 pm Off the top of my head, I'm in leagues with the following themes... Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Marvel v. DC, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, European Premiere League, Seinfeld, College Football, and then a few NFL-themed (imagine that!).
Can i take a look at the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia league? I may do a The Offfice themed league and looking to see how that one is set up

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:56 am

I'm in a few leagues with BigBawsRoss so some duplicates here but it gives you a visual on some of the themed leagues I am in...

Marvel VS DC
WWF/WWE
Star Wars
Star Wars SuperFlex
Greek Mythology
NCAA
NFL
Game of Thrones
GOT Devy

Next year I will be adding a G.I Joe themed league as well.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:59 am

I'm in three dynasty leagues, which all happen to have themes:
1) The Simpsons
2) Marvel vs DC
3) NFL (AFC vs NFC)
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:21 am

zacharyringer12 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 am
UnsafeAtAnySpd wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:00 pm Off the top of my head, I'm in leagues with the following themes... Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Marvel v. DC, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, European Premiere League, Seinfeld, College Football, and then a few NFL-themed (imagine that!).
Can i take a look at the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia league? I may do a The Offfice themed league and looking to see how that one is set up
Here's the league: https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/55624

I'm the commish, so if you have any questions, let me know. The idea was, similarly to the game in the show, that Chardee MacDennis would be a 'league of leagues' that combines various unique aspects of different leagues into one. Unique scoring (first down points, PPC, TE premium, etc), uncommon 18-team format, one devy player per team, comp picks, Week 17 'Pro Bowl' games, rookie draft broken up into different time periods, etc.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Because of it's prevalence in the advice section, I think I'm gonna start a vacuum themed league